• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Bears have eight kickers in for rookie minicamp. With the entire team looking on, each kicker had one attempt from 43 yards out, which is the length of Cody Parkey’s miss from last season.

The kickers went 2-for-8.

(via @adamjahns)
Hahaha could've kept Parkey instead

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Josh Rosen is not gonna hack it in Miami.
Poor bastard goes from one shitty team to a team which is arguably worse. Sure, better oline in Miami.

He's been nothing but an utter class act throughout the entire process too.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
So many misunderstanding fans like this one. Nothing wrong with disagreeing on the pick, but if you think your QB of the future is in the draft it's the right move to take him at 6. As a Giants fan who has watched game tape and researched the heck out of Daniel Jones, I am completely in support of this pick. Clearly the best QB in this draft.
I wouldn't say best QB in the draft.

Honestly, since hindsight is 20-20, I'd say that the best move would've been to take Jonah Williams at 6 (even if he wasn't really worth it),and to have not traded up into the first and have traded for Rosen. Trading ODB was stupid, but I get why they did it, and even then, Rosen was a better prospect than literally every QB in this draft(yes, even Kyler, the Cardinals are just stupid), and the protection would be better in NY(especially after drafting Williams) and he'd have a legit cast on offense to work with.

I liked Jones a lot more than most, but he's really going to have to be a slam dunk player for you guys. He's not in terrible position, Saquon will make his life easier. But you could've traded for a guy who could be a slam dunk for pennies on the dollar and put him with a good offensive mind who'd know how to use him.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wouldn't say best QB in the draft.

Honestly, since hindsight is 20-20, I'd say that the best move would've been to take Jonah Williams at 6 (even if he wasn't really worth it),and to have not traded up into the first and have traded for Rosen. Trading ODB was stupid, but I get why they did it, and even then, Rosen was a better prospect than literally every QB in this draft(yes, even Kyler, the Cardinals are just stupid), and the protection would be better in NY(especially after drafting Williams) and he'd have a legit cast on offense to work with.

I liked Jones a lot more than most, but he's really going to have to be a slam dunk player for you guys. He's not in terrible position, Saquon will make his life easier. But you could've traded for a guy who could be a slam dunk for pennies on the dollar and put him with a good offensive mind who'd know how to use him.
Rosen isnt better than Kyler

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Rosen isnt better than Kyler
Says the guy who clear cut had Allen, who wasn't much better in his first year btw(everyone gives Rosen shit but he BY FAR had the worst situation out of all of the rookies, not debatable, and yet he put up similar numbers to all of them), as his #1 overall QB. And says the guy who said Mark Andrews would "only" average 10 ypc. And that he was "too slow" to play in the NFL.

I liked Kyler, but Rosen was smarter, and more accurate coming out of school. And frankly Rosen is an underrated athlete, I can pull bits of tape from both college AND the NFL that show that. A lot of those sacks on Rosen came in at 2.5 seconds or less. Even Lamar wouldn't have gotten away. And Arizona's OC sucked, and their QB coach situation was worse. Fitzgerald is a future hall of famer and Kirk is a good WR, but neither were used properly.

"But the heisman" is not an argument. It's not relevant, if that's the case why is RG3 now a backup full-time?

Yeah no. Kliff Kingsburry's Air raid might have only one successful season. NFL defenses will figure that shit out immediately, and Kyler(who unlike Josh Allen I do like btw) will get killed because the Cardinals did next to nothing to actually help him out this time.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Bears brought in 4 Kickers in their attempt to upgrade over Cody Parkey, they have now cut two of those Kickers. Bears have cut Redford Jones & John Baron. The only two remaining are Elliott Fry and Chris Blewitt.

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Bears brought in 4 Kickers in their attempt to upgrade over Cody Parkey, they have now cut two of those Kickers. Bears have cut Redford Jones & John Baron. The only two remaining are Elliott Fry and Chris Blewitt.
Oh God. With a name like Chris Blewitt he is just asking for trouble

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Poor bastard goes from one shitty team to a team which is arguably worse. Sure, better oline in Miami.

Class act and Josh Rosen are like oil and vinegar. The only reason that A-hole made that statement was because his agent forced him to! That punk is the second coming of Cutler only worse...

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bears have acquired Raiders Kicker Eddy Pinerio for a 2021 7th Round Pick.... as long as he is active for five games.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Class act and Josh Rosen are like oil and vinegar. The only reason that A-hole made that statement was because his agent forced him to! That punk is the second coming of Cutler only worse...
Tell me. What has he done in his pro career to warrant this? The media wants you to hate him, but rumor has it that his "other interests" outside of football are akin to environmentalism and him being a smart ass. Cutler would quit on his team, I watched every snap of Rosen's career at UCLA, HE NEVER DID THAT.

The basis for all the Rosen criticism has been a bullshit smear campaign

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Tell me. What has he done in his pro career to warrant this? The media wants you to hate him, but rumor has it that his "other interests" outside of football are akin to environmentalism and him being a smart ass. Cutler would quit on his team, I watched every snap of Rosen's career at UCLA, HE NEVER DID THAT.

The basis for all the Rosen criticism has been a bullshit smear campaign
Rosen fucked some of these executives' wives. I'm so sure of it. There's no OTHER WAY for me to explain this Rosen hatred.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Rosen fucked some of these executives' wives. I'm so sure of it. There's no OTHER WAY for me to explain this Rosen hatred.
He said some stupid shit in college. His teammates would’ve died on the field for him and at UCLA he had a shitty roster and he was the only damn thing keeping that team in games. Someone like Jay Cutler wouldn’t do shit like that.

It’s a bullshit mentality I feel like because he’s a “rich cali boy”. And if that’s a scouting metric for anyone that should tarnish the credibility entirely. Andrew Luck and Aaron Rodgers are elite QBs and they came from wealthy families too. Rodgers btw has a bigger ego and it hasn’t affected him.

Hell in Arizona it wasn’t too different. Kyler is FUCKED. He might win rookie of the year, but he has a coach that’s going to flame out and the better defenses in that division will eat that offensive line alive. His mobility won’t help him either, he’s too small and the moment an NFL LB who’s as quick as he is rocks him, and behind that line it will happen, he’s done.

I watched a lot of Rosen last year. He has underrated if not under appreciated mobility, a good arm, very accurate. Did he make mistakes? Of course he did, he’s a rookie. You take the lumps. He had a terrible offensive coordinator, no oline, one competent receiver, and an all pro at RB that never got used properly. His rookie season had its low moments but to call it a disaster would be inaccurate. The cardinals had maybe 6 good players on their roster and he was one of them.

Rosen didn’t look that bad. He’s getting shit on because he’s a smartass. But even Peyton Manning breaking down his film said he was smart. Most scouts I’ve seen agree that blaming Rosen for the rookie season he had is stupid.

I hope they trade Murray next year too btw. He doesn’t deserve what’s about to happen to him.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

I’ve re-evaluated. I think his situation is a better one than Arizona’s though not by much. They had two good starters on the oline already and Deiter is a good addition. Kilgore is below average, but still better than whoever the fuck AZ had lining up at C. They need a RT.

Rosen will have a solid WR group. Sure, Fitz is better than any of them individually, but he has more options. Plus Rosen favored a TE in college and he has a damn talented one in Gesicki. Plus, the Phins actually have a solid run game in spite of their oline woes.

The question is the coaching. I am unsure of any of these hires. But they have some pieces to work with. Unlike the cardinals I think the dolphins are moving in the right direction as a team.

They might be #1 overall next year, but I think Miami would do the smart thing and either trade the pick for capital, or take the BPA. Which won’t be Tu’a, but will be the other edge player from OSU

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
He said some stupid shit in college. His teammates would’ve died on the field for him and at UCLA he had a shitty roster and he was the only damn thing keeping that team in games. Someone like Jay Cutler wouldn’t do shit like that.

It’s a bullshit mentality I feel like because he’s a “rich cali boy”. And if that’s a scouting metric for anyone that should tarnish the credibility entirely. Andrew Luck and Aaron Rodgers are elite QBs and they came from wealthy families too. Rodgers btw has a bigger ego and it hasn’t affected him.

Hell in Arizona it wasn’t too different. Kyler is FUCKED. He might win rookie of the year, but he has a coach that’s going to flame out and the better defenses in that division will eat that offensive line alive. His mobility won’t help him either, he’s too small and the moment an NFL LB who’s as quick as he is rocks him, and behind that line it will happen, he’s done.

I watched a lot of Rosen last year. He has underrated if not under appreciated mobility, a good arm, very accurate. Did he make mistakes? Of course he did, he’s a rookie. You take the lumps. He had a terrible offensive coordinator, no oline, one competent receiver, and an all pro at RB that never got used properly. His rookie season had its low moments but to call it a disaster would be inaccurate. The cardinals had maybe 6 good players on their roster and he was one of them.

Rosen didn’t look that bad. He’s getting shit on because he’s a smartass. But even Peyton Manning breaking down his film said he was smart. Most scouts I’ve seen agree that blaming Rosen for the rookie season he had is stupid.

I hope they trade Murray next year too btw. He doesn’t deserve what’s about to happen to him.
you really like rosen huh lol.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
you really like rosen huh lol.
I do think he can certainly fail if the coaching staff in Miami isn't good. But I don't get the absolute grilling he's getting. Was he good last year? No, but Jared Goff's rookie season was much worse and he's turned out okay(other than the super bowl). The situation Rosen was in was way worse than any QB. But him in Cleveland and he likely thrives (after Hue Jackson is fired).

The criticisms against his personality are BS. Just saying.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Offseason issue with JPP again, car accident this time:

JASON PIERRE-PAUL
DL, TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

In a Tuesday statement, the Bucs offered no comment on a report that Jason Pierre-Paul is recovering from a broken neck.
Pierre-Paul was injured in a car accident last Thursday. "While Jason was treated and released in south Florida the same day of the accident, we wanted to ensure that our medical team had an opportunity to perform a thorough evaluation here in Tampa, and that process is currently ongoing," the team said Tuesday. In other words, Adam Schefter's report is likely accurate, and JPP is in danger of missing the entire 2019 season.