• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JO_75

Hall of Famer
That helps a bit, considering Jimmy won't be playing vs. the Chiefs either.

Yeah it sure does but damn, the Spanos family must have did something in a previous life to be this snake bitten with injuries year in, year out. Such a talented team, wasted Philip Rivers career by not doing nothing.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
I am the last person in the world to defend AB, I really hate him.

Tell me though - how she managed to gain courage to go to AB's home after the first incident only to get assaulted again? And if that wasn't enough, how she got so brave to do it the third time? All that courage but she wasn't brave enough to report the assault first time it happened?

What am I missing?

I didnt know the full story until i watched the news but you make some goods point. One thing for sure is we live in times where the cost of living is high. People are starving out here for a financial break. I dont know if she was a personal trainer for other star players or players in general but if not then I can somewhat understand her reason for sticking around regardless if it meant she was being raped. Its Antonio Brown who is a star player in The NFl and who probably was paying her the most money she ever seen in her life. Im not saying Antonio Brown is guilty or that what you she saying is true but there are people out here that stayed in toxic situations for a long time just to stay in the spot like. I mean look at Terry Crew and what happened to him which was suppose to have accorded in his wife presences. He didnt come out right after because he was afraid it might hurt his acting career.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Yeah it sure does but damn, the Spanos family must have did something in a previous life to be this snake bitten with injuries year in, year out. Such a talented team, wasted Philip Rivers career by not doing nothing.
I don’t know why, but I’ll say it for our buddy that is MIA....... fuck you Spanos. lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The Browns get lucky and Darnold has mono and has been ruled out for the Monday Night game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

• LE'VEON BELLRB, NEW YORK JETS

Le'Veon Bell's (shoulder) MRI revealed "no major damage or tears."
    Per ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, the test was "mostly precautionary." Barring a setback, Bell will be out there for Monday Night Football against the Browns. A bigger Week 2 concern than Bell's health is his quarterback, as No. 2 Trevor Siemian could easily get overwhelmed by Gregg Williams' defense. At least than 100 percent and missing Sam Darnold, Bell will be a mid-rage/low-end RB1.

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter
    Sep 12, 2019, 4:34 PM ET

Jeremy Fowler obviously still thinks Gregg Williams is the defensive coordinator of the Browns.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

• NICK FOLESQB, JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Nick Foles (collarbone) is targeting Week 11 for his return.
    Foles went down with a broken collarbone in his Jaguars debut Sunday against Kansas City. He underwent surgery Monday and is now facing a 10-12 week recovery. Even if Foles heals quicker than expected, he'll have to sit for at least eight weeks after going on injured reserve. Sixth-round rookie Gardner Minshew will serve as the starter in Foles' absence.

Sep 12, 2019, 3:40 PM ET

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

DERRIUS GUICERB, WASHINGTON REDSKINS

Derrius Guice underwent surgery to repair a torn meniscus Thursday morning.
Guice is recovering in Pensacola following Thursday's surgery, which was performed by team doctor James Andrews. NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Guice will be out "indefinitely" while also noting that Washington will "consider its options" in regards to a roster move, suggesting the sophomore back could be headed to injured reserve. Without him, the Redskins will turn to veteran Adrian Peterson on early downs with Chris Thompson filling in the gaps on passing downs.

I feel bad for Guice for two reasons. He's not only had some real bad luck with his injuries the last couple of years, but being drafted by the Skins is a real bad downer. @Dom McRaven

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

• C.J. MOSLEYLB, NEW YORK JETS

C.J. Mosley (groin) didn't practice Thursday.
    He suffered the injury late in last week's loss to Buffalo. Mosley was having a monster game before that, contributing five tackles and a pick-six in his New York debut. The Jets don't play until Monday night, giving the four-time Pro Bowler an extra day to get healthy.

SOURCE: Scott Petrak on Twitter
    Sep 12, 2019, 5:03 PM ET

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Antonio Brown would probably prefer to wear 84, but that's not possible right now. The reason he can't go that route just yet -- that number currently belongs to Patriots tight end Ben Watson.

• The NFL generally doesn't allow players to switch numbers once the season has started.
  • Another issue is that he can't be contacted regarding trading his number since Watson is suspended. Of course that would depend on if the league viewed AB calling Watson about purchasing his number football related.
He has been practicing in the number 17 and I think that is the number he will be playing with unless the league grants an exclusion for him.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Sam Darnold's got mono

• LE'VEON BELLRB, NEW YORK JETS

Le'Veon Bell's (shoulder) MRI revealed "no major damage or tears."
    Per ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, the test was "mostly precautionary." Barring a setback, Bell will be out there for Monday Night Football against the Browns. A bigger Week 2 concern than Bell's health is his quarterback, as No. 2 Trevor Siemian could easily get overwhelmed by Gregg Williams' defense. At least than 100 percent and missing Sam Darnold, Bell will be a mid-rage/low-end RB1.

Sep 12, 2019, 4:34 PM ET
Jeremy Fowler obviously still thinks Gregg Williams is the defensive coordinator of the Browns.

• C.J. MOSLEYLB, NEW YORK JETS

C.J. Mosley (groin) didn't practice Thursday.
    He suffered the injury late in last week's loss to Buffalo. Mosley was having a monster game before that, contributing five tackles and a pick-six in his New York debut. The Jets don't play until Monday night, giving the four-time Pro Bowler an extra day to get healthy.

SOURCE: Scott Petrak on Twitter
    Sep 12, 2019, 5:03 PM ET

Terrible Day for Gang Green. It's great they spent all that money on Mosley but with no Quarterback to put up points, they aren't outscoring the Browns offense. Sucks for Mosley though, hate to hear it. Bell again, hurt and unreliable, what else is new?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I feel so bad for Joe Thomas. The Cleveland Browns went 0-11 in opening games in his entire career.