• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
The timing of it makes it hard to believe but at the same time looking at that after the fact, AB sounds guilty. He'll be guilty in the public eye anyway until it comes out it was a true set up but if all the above is true, I'd agree he should never play in the NFL ever again.

Edit: Schefter says The Patriots were taken by surprise with the accusations and did not know about this when they signed him.
It's pretty weird how she ended up at his place when alleged rape took place after two previous experiences and those nice TXT messages.
It still doesn't excuse him if the rape happened but makes it pretty hard to prove/believe.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Very peculiar moment for all that to come out now.

Raiders trying to get back at him?
Would have to mean the raiders knew about the accusations in advance and not care about them (wouldn’t surprise me tbh...)

It doesn’t seem like the allegations have just started as far as I can tell - just that those allegations hadn’t seen the light of day yet - or maybe I’m missing some things

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Tbh he should be in prison for that grammar alone.
Translation:
EEJVwE2UYAIvEIJ

EEJ3ukeXUAI-7WB

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Regardless of what happened, making her out to be a disgraceful human whilst bragging that you ejaculated onto her back without her knowledge is kind of fucked up. Is that not some sort of sexual assault?

So let me get this straight,

First incident: "Brown exposed himself and kissed [her] without her consent."
Second incident: "Brown, while positioned behind her, began masturbating near her without her knowledge and ejaculated on her back."

"According to the lawsuit, filed in federal court in Florida, Taylor claims Brown bragged about the incident to her in "profane and angry text messages."
Several months later, the accuser claims Brown reached out to her to express contrition and "begged forgiveness."
"Taylor claims Brown begged her to continue training him -- and after initial hesitation, she ultimately agreed."

Third incident: "Brown cornered [her] forced her down onto a bed, pushed her face into the mattress, and forcibly raped her."

Ummmmmm.....what I want to know if she pressed charges after he came on her back? Also, would this story be brought up if AB never started this saga (to the Raiders, to the Pats and the extracurricular activities in between)?

If all of this is true, AB should never play a single down in the league again.
If there are really text messages, then isn't there hard proof?

Otherwise, this is going to be he said, she said and it will (and should) amount to nothing. You can't condemn a person based on an accusation (thought depending on the circumstances and person, some people want to try). As with many of these cases, timing seems suspect and makes it a little harder to take seriously.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
If there are really text messages, then isn't there hard proof?

Otherwise, this is going to be he said, she said and it will (and should) amount to nothing. You can't condemn a person based on an accusation (thought depending on the circumstances and person, some people want to try). As with many of these cases, timing seems suspect and makes it a little harder to take seriously.

Its going to turn out like the same ol same ol. Some money gets deposited into the bank account and charges get dropped.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Apparently she was asking for a "small amount" of money.

if he did force you, wouldn't you want him in jail?

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
Apparently she was asking for a "small amount" of money.

if he did force you, wouldn't you want him in jail?

I can't speak for all but I tend to think that just because a rape victim or sexaul assaulted victim is asking for money instead of pushing for the criminal to go to jail doesn't mean the incident didn't happen. I also don't think it's fair to make statements on why a victim waited so long. I'm sure it's quite embarrassing for any gender to violated sexually of some victims never gain the courage to speak up out of fear of people finding out.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I can't speak for all but I tend to think that just because a rape victim or sexaul assaulted victim is asking for money instead of pushing for the criminal to go to jail doesn't mean the incident didn't happen. I also don't think it's fair to make statements on why a victim waited so long. I'm sure it's quite embarrassing for any gender to violated sexually of some victims never gain the courage to speak up out of fear of people finding out.
I am the last person in the world to defend AB, I really hate him.

Tell me though - how she managed to gain courage to go to AB's home after the first incident only to get assaulted again? And if that wasn't enough, how she got so brave to do it the third time? All that courage but she wasn't brave enough to report the assault first time it happened?

What am I missing?

JO_75

Hall of Famer

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Terrible news for the AFC West.

- Chiefs Tyreek Hill to be out 4-6 weeks, guaranteeing he'll miss our week three game.

- Chargers TE Hunter Henry out indefinitely with a fractured left knee. Also they are concerned about WR Mike Williams' availability for Sunday against the Lions.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Terrible news for the AFC West.

- Chiefs Tyreek Hill to be out 4-6 weeks, guaranteeing he'll miss our week three game.

- Chargers TE Hunter Henry out indefinitely with a fractured left knee. Also they are concerned about WR Mike Williams' availability for Sunday against the Lions.
That helps a bit, considering Jimmy won't be playing vs. the Chiefs either.