• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

KAARE VEDVIK

K, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Jets waived K Kaare Vedvik.
Waived by the Vikings following an August of missed kicks, Vedvik proceeded to cost the Jets dearly in their season-opening, 17-16 loss to the Bills, shanking both a field goal and extra point. A combo punter/kicker, Vedvik has a unique skill-set, but it is not yet up to NFL standards. Sam Ficken will serve as the Jets' kicker going forward.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Sep 10, 2019, 2:34 PM ET

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
KAARE VEDVIK
K, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Jets waived K Kaare Vedvik.
Waived by the Vikings following an August of missed kicks, Vedvik proceeded to cost the Jets dearly in their season-opening, 17-16 loss to the Bills, shanking both a field goal and extra point. A combo punter/kicker, Vedvik has a unique skill-set, but it is not yet up to NFL standards. Sam Ficken will serve as the Jets' kicker going forward.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Sep 10, 2019, 2:34 PM ET
hopefully we can pick him up and get him on the practice squad.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Odd timing on this accusation. AB accused of rape by former Trainer. AB says she is trying to use him to get money.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/10/antonio-brown-accused-of-raping-former-trainer-lawsuit-filed/
So let me get this straight,

First incident: "Brown exposed himself and kissed [her] without her consent."
Second incident: "Brown, while positioned behind her, began masturbating near her without her knowledge and ejaculated on her back."

"According to the lawsuit, filed in federal court in Florida, Taylor claims Brown bragged about the incident to her in "profane and angry text messages."
Several months later, the accuser claims Brown reached out to her to express contrition and "begged forgiveness."
"Taylor claims Brown begged her to continue training him -- and after initial hesitation, she ultimately agreed."

Third incident: "Brown cornered [her] forced her down onto a bed, pushed her face into the mattress, and forcibly raped her."

Ummmmmm.....what I want to know if she pressed charges after he came on her back? Also, would this story be brought up if AB never started this saga (to the Raiders, to the Pats and the extracurricular activities in between)?

If all of this is true, AB should never play a single down in the league again.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

Second incident: "Brown, while positioned behind her, began masturbating near her without her knowledge and ejaculated on her back."

"According to the lawsuit, filed in federal court in Florida, Taylor claims Brown bragged about the incident to her in "profane and angry text messages."
Several months later, the accuser claims Brown reached out to her to express contrition and "begged forgiveness."
"Taylor claims Brown begged her to continue training him -- and after initial hesitation, she ultimately agreed."

Third incident: "Brown cornered [her] forced her down onto a bed, pushed her face into the mattress, and forcibly raped her."

Ummmmmm.....what I want to know if she pressed charges after he came on her back? Also, would this story be brought up if AB never started this saga (to the Raiders, to the Pats and the extracurricular activities in between)?

Very peculiar moment for all that to come out now.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
There are some funny guys on Steelers forum, reaction to this:

Good lord.
I bet Kraft is going to need a massage when he hears this.

I'd say this is Ben's fault, but that joke gets into some weird territory...

Thank God he’s no longer a Steeler. I couldn’t tolerate the thought of someone charged with rape on this roster.

Also, (I'm sexist) - I thought when it said trainer it was going to be a dude (and I thought he did fire a guy who was his trainer?)

JO_75

Hall of Famer

The timing of it makes it hard to believe but at the same time looking at that after the fact, AB sounds guilty. He'll be guilty in the public eye anyway until it comes out it was a true set up but if all the above is true, I'd agree he should never play in the NFL ever again.

Edit: Schefter says The Patriots were taken by surprise with the accusations and did not know about this when they signed him.

Last edited: