• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
This was from a couple days ago, but not sure if it was posted.

Terry Bradshaw ripped AB:

"I will not put up with that kind of behavior. You don't win with it. Why haven't we won more Super Bowls? There is talent, [but] it's just guys like him. Let him go and his brand and whatever it is he's doing.".

"I cannot emphasize how I cannot stand and have a disdain totally for players like that," said Bradshaw, a four-time Super Bowl winner with the Steelers. "I don't want any part of them. I wouldn't like them. They would hate me if they were on our team. They would hate me because I wouldn't throw to him

rossihunter2

Staff Member
if they don't already. Davenport didn't start any games last year. I believe he was inactive many games.

he only missed 3 games last year (due to injury i believe rather than performance) and had 4.5 sacks and looked like a decent player in year 1
didnt see the rams game really but against the texans davenport looked like a difference maker

i loved him coming out in that draft class and had him a lot higher than most on my draft board - was surprised the saints spent that much capital to go up and get him but i felt really good about the player

my guess is he gets 8 sacks this year

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
he only missed 3 games last year (due to injury i believe rather than performance) and had 4.5 sacks and looked like a decent player in year 1
didnt see the rams game really but against the texans davenport looked like a difference maker

i loved him coming out in that draft class and had him a lot higher than most on my draft board - was surprised the saints spent that much capital to go up and get him but i felt really good about the player

my guess is he gets 8 sacks this year
thanks for clearing that up.

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
NFL Update @MySportsUpdate
Breaking: #Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey requested a trade after yesterday's loss to Houston, per @AdamSchefter. The current plan is not to move Ramsey, but Jacksonville has spoken to teams.

Players requesting trades all over the place.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
One of the best pure cover corners, Jalen Ramsey wants to play man-to-man and lock a WR down. One issue has been having him play zone

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Breaking: #Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey requested a trade after yesterday's loss to Houston, per @AdamSchefter. The current plan is not to move Ramsey, but Jacksonville has spoken to teams.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet
One of the best pure cover corners, Jalen Ramsey wants to play man-to-man and lock a WR down. One issue has been having him play zone

he definitely wouldnt like being in baltimore as he wouldnt be top dog corner in the room lol

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

It seems talented players are starting to realize when they are with bad teams and no longer want to waste their careers with bad teams.

I wonder what the asking price would be?

Edit: And Schefter answers my question...

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
The Jaguars are asking teams for at least one first-round pick in return for Pro Bowl CB Jalen Ramsey, but want more than that in return, per sources.

I wouldn't give up a first for him or Minkah. No thanks.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
It seems talented players are starting to realize when they are with bad teams and no longer want to waste their careers with bad teams.

I wouldn't give up a first for him or Minkah. No thanks.

You would not give a low 1st rounder for Ramsey?

Really?

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
For the head ache and eventual money we would have to give him to make the trade worth it, no.

A player like that in his prime is too great to pass up. A little headache because his new coach is forcing him to play outside his STRENGTH on defense which is man coverage does not sound that crazy to me.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
A player like that in his prime is too great to pass up. A little headache because his new coach is forcing him to play outside his STRENGTH on defense which is man coverage does not sound that crazy to me.

Also Baltimore is not even on his wishlist. He has said in an interview that his ideal playing spot is Vegas(when the Raiders move next season) and Nashville. Raiders have the cap space and picks to give Ramsey and Jacksonville both what they want. Jags get the compensation they are looking for and Ramsey gets paid.