• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
First Minkah, then Ramsey and now it's Jamal Adams. I can see why Fitzpatrick wanted to get out of Miami to some extent, but the others I don't.
F... drama queens, they wanted to play in the NFL and that's what they signed up for. I don't like how the NFL is slowly becoming the NBA. Unfollowing your team on twitter and instagram lmao!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
First Minkah, then Ramsey and now it's Jamal Adams. I can see why Fitzpatrick wanted to get out of Miami to some extent, but the others I don't.
F... drama queens, they wanted to play in the NFL and that's what they signed up for. I don't like how the NFL is slowly becoming the NBA. Unfollowing your team on twitter and instagram lmao!

i really dont get the huge deal people make about the social media stuff - especially when your team is bad, why would you want all that crap clogging up your social media feed?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
SEAN DAVIS
DB, PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Steelers placed S Sean Davis (shoulder) on injured reserve.
Paxton Lynch was signed to the practice squad in a corresponding move. With Davis likely done for the year, recent acquisition Minkah Fitzpatrick will slide seamlessly into Pittsburgh's vacant free safety spot. The team now has eight former first-rounders on defense.

SOURCE: Brooke Pryor on Twitter
Sep 17, 2019, 11:49 AM ET

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Jeffri Chadiha
@jeffrichadiha

Hearing reports about @Chiefs being a front runner for @jalenramsey so I checked back with @Chiefs source who said there was no interest. This is a direct quote: “If something drastically changes (like he doesnt want a new deal lol) you’ll be first to know. But nothing there.”

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
A.J. GREEN
WR, CINCINNATI BENGALS

Speaking last week, A.J. Green (ankle) said he expected to be sidelined longer than his publicly reported 6-8 week timetable.
Green went down in the opening days of camp in late July. 6-8 weeks would have had him near a return now. Green said that won't be the case. "I don’t know where they got the 6-8 weeks from. It’s going to be longer than that," were Green's words last Wednesday. "It’s just one of those things that has to heal on its own. When I feel I’m healthy enough to play at the level I’m used to playing, I just want to make sure it’s at 100 percent." Contract-year Green sounds like someone who won't be taking the field until he is either 100 percent healthy, extended or both. Fantasy stashers should not count on Green playing in the month of September.

SOURCE: bengals.com
Sep 17, 2019, 6:04 PM ET

52520Andrew

Pro Bowler
WEEK 3 PROJECTION
2.5points
Again? Really? Don't do this. Look elsewhere. NFL defenses are, on average, allowing opponents to score on 21.9% of opposing drives. The Dolphins, meanwhile, have allowed a touchdown on 52.2% of opponents' drives, the worst rate in the league by a wide margin through two weeks. Dallas is second in the NFL with 3.47 points scored per drive thanks to scoring a touchdown on 47.4% of drives. You can do better.

Dolphins projection for D/ST in fantasy

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

• BAKER MAYFIELDQB, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Browns coach Freddie Kitchens said he needs to get the ball out of Baker Mayfield's hands quicker because Mayfield is taking "too many hits."
    Kitchens is taking the blame here and sounds like he'll change the offensive gameplan to scheme around his below-average offensive line, but Mayfield also needs to work on feeling and avoiding pressure. The change in gameplan is likely opting for more quick-hitting passes, especially when facing defensive lines that can get after the quarterback. Next week, Mayfield will go up against Aaron Donald and the Rams, so now is the time for a change. Mayfield has the fifth-highest sack percentage through two weeks.

SOURCE: Nate Ulrich on Twitter
    Sep 17, 2019, 6:09 PM ET

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

• JALEN RAMSEYDB, JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

ESPN's Jenna Laine reports the Jaguars are seeking two first-rounders in exchange for Jalen Ramsey.
    As they should for a 25-year-old No. 1 corner capable of eliminating No. 1 wideouts. Ramsey requested a trade, but he insisted Tuesday it was not his camp who leaked the news. Ramsey is disillusioned in Jacksonville, especially with the amount of zone coverage he must play under DC Todd Wash. Ramsey has been connected to the Chiefs, but a team source has refuted those rumors. It's looking more and more likely that if Ramsey plays a final game as a Jag, it will be Thursday against the Titans.

SOURCE: Jenna Laine on Twitter
    Sep 17, 2019, 4:54 PM ET

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

• DESEAN JACKSONWR, PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

NFL.com's Tom Pelissero reports DeSean Jackson (groin) is expected to miss Sunday's game against the Lions and will likely remain sidelined for the Eagles' Week 4 Thursday night contest.
    ESPN's Tim McManus reports Jackson is dealing with more of an abdominal strain than groin issue, and has been bothered by it for weeks. With Alshon Jeffery (groin) also expected to sit, the Eagles will be severely undermanned at wideout vs. the Lions. Jackson's injury is not considered overly serious, but it was the worst possible timing for the Eagles to have two games in five days. Nelson Agholor will be the Eagles' fill-in No. 1 with Mack Hollins and JJ Arcega-Whiteside running behind him.

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
    Sep 17, 2019, 5:00 PM ET

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

• SAM DARNOLDQB, NEW YORK JETS

Sam Darnold (mono) is targeting a Week 5 return.
    Darnold made the disclosure in a Tuesday radio interview. He also said he has yet to resume throwing a football. It's great news for the Jets, though Gang Green will be sitting at 0-3 following Luke Falk's start against the Patriots. The Jets are on bye in Week 4. If Darnold hits his Week 5 return mark, it will be in Philadelphia.

SOURCE: Rich Cimini on Twitter
    Sep 17, 2019, 5:45 PM ET

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

• ISAIAH WYNNT, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Patriots placed LT Isaiah Wynn on injured reserve with a toe/foot injury.
    It has been reported Wynn is dealing with turf toe. He is ineligible to practice for six weeks and can't return to game action for eight weeks. That means Week 11 in Philadelphia would be his earliest possible return date. It is the last thing the 2018 first-rounder needed after missing his entire rookie year with a torn Achilles' tendon. Journeyman and Week 2 signee Marshall Newhouse is the next man up at left tackle. It's a problem for a team that doesn't have many of them.

SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter
    Sep 17, 2019, 5:09 PM ET

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
  • NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png

C.J. ANDERSONRB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Lions released RB C.J. Anderson.
    Anderson was de-emphasized in the Lions' Week 2 game plan, seeing both his snaps and touches halved. We would like to think it's good news for Kerryon Johnson, though the corresponding move to Anderson's release was claiming Paul Perkins off waivers. Johnson actually saw his snap percentage decline in Week 2 from Week 1. As CJA showed last postseason, there is still some juice in his 28-year-old legs. He should resurface shortly.

RELATED: Sep 17, 2019, 5:44 PM ET

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

• MINKAH FITZPATRICKDB, PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Minkah Fitzpatrick will play safety for the Steelers.
    Fitzpatrick can do it all, but ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Fitzpatrick will slide into the free safety job with Sean Davis heading to injured reserve. With the Dolphins last year, Fitzpatrick primarily played corner, often lining up in the slot. His versatility and playmaking are much needed in a Steelers' secondary that was exposed in each of the first two games of the season. The only question now is whether Fitzpatrick plays up to the level of what could be a top-five overall pick in this upcoming NFL Draft.

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter
    Sep 17, 2019, 6:50 PM ET

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'm not saying it will happen, even though I'm hoping it does, we could make it work with all the contracts. The only guy on offense who needs to be paid soon is Stanley. Our main pieces are essentially locked in the next 3-4 years and no dare ask me about Skura. On defense, Marlon, Pierce, and Judon. That said, Jimmy's is done this year and Jefferson's is up in 2020. There's a very good chance we Ed Reed this situation and say whoever we line up next to Earl will get the job done and move on. I could see Eric making it work if we don't mind using the draft capital. I said it before, will say it again. This is our window and Lamar looks like the real deal. Give this team their shot. We see how the Patriots are moving and Ramsey would put us right there in being able to limit them. Jimmy will be back, too. This secondary would be insane with its flexibility. He's also never missed a game.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm not saying it will happen, even though I'm hoping it does, we could make it work with all the contracts. The only guy on offense who needs to be paid soon is Stanley. Our main pieces are essentially locked in the next 3-4 years and no dare ask me about Skura. On defense, Marlon, Pierce, and Judon. That said, Jimmy's is done this year and Jefferson's is up in 2020. There's a very good chance we Ed Reed this situation and say whoever we line up next to Earl will get the job done and move on. I could see Eric making it work if we don't mind using the draft capital. I said it before, will say it again. This is our window and Lamar looks like the real deal. Give this team their shot. We see how the Patriots are moving and Ramsey would put us right there in being able to limit them. Jimmy will be back, too. This secondary would be insane with its flexibility. He's also never missed a game.
no way in hell we trade two first round picks for him, unless one of them is in 2030 and that is what the Jags are asking for. Essentially they aren't going to trade him.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
no way in hell we trade two first round picks for him, unless one of them is in 2030 and that is what the Jags are asking for. Essentially they aren't going to trade him.

I wouldn't do 2 firsts either and I doubt they get that. Every team wants something until they realize it's not happening. I would bet they settle for a first and maybe mid to late pick or player. Think they are posturing and seeing what's the max a team may offer.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

• ISAIAH WYNNT, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Patriots placed LT Isaiah Wynn on injured reserve with a toe/foot injury.
    It has been reported Wynn is dealing with turf toe. He is ineligible to practice for six weeks and can't return to game action for eight weeks. That means Week 11 in Philadelphia would be his earliest possible return date. It is the last thing the 2018 first-rounder needed after missing his entire rookie year with a torn Achilles' tendon. Journeyman and Week 2 signee Marshall Newhouse is the next man up at left tackle. It's a problem for a team that doesn't have many of them.

SOURCE: Field Yates on Twitter
    Sep 17, 2019, 5:09 PM ET

Marshall Newhouse is still in the league??? How do guys like him and AJ Shipley do it?

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Well what about

Skura ??

tenor.gif