• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Lmao Leveon Bell looks so dumb for holding out last year and going to Jets. What an absolute mess
I think everyone knew except for him that it was a be careful what you wish for moment. Not only that, he got less than what the Steelers offered him.

How brilliant do we look for signing Ingram to a three year contract and we have a team out clause at the end of 2021, if we so choose. Other than that, he has a 5m contract in 2021.

Last edited:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I think everyone knew except for him that it was a be careful what you wish for moment. Not only that, he got less than what the Steelers offered him.

How brilliant do we look for signing Ingram to a three year contract and we have a team out clause at the end of 2021, if we so choose. Other than that, he has a 5m contract in 2021.
If you're in doubt, take Alabama guy.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2019-10-25_11-37-28.png

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Damn....wonder if the Pat's refused to trade him to us....this blows.

I wouldn't want Bennett here, Dallas can continue taking players with off the field issues. Yannick or bust.

Things must have gotten bad for Bennett if they only asked for a conditional 7th.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I wouldn't want Bennett here, Dallas can continue taking players with off the field issues. Yannick or bust.

Things must have gotten bad for Bennett if they only asked for a conditional 7th.

he wanted playing time and wasnt a fit in new england schematically with the way that defence is set up so he didnt play many snaps - sending him away for a 7th rounder in 2021 is almost insulting but he goes to a defence thats a much better fit for him

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
now this is funny

BILL CALLAHANC, WASHINGTON REDSKINS

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports interim Redskins coach Bill Callahan will be a candidate for the team's full-time opening.
K. This is standard-operating procedure in these kinds of situations, but that doesn't make it any less funny. Callahan was antiquated when he coached the Raiders nearly two decades ago, and was even more so at the University of Nebraska. Were he to somehow blunder into replacing Jay Gruden, it would be arguably the darkest moment in the Redskins' already very dark recent history.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

JO_75

Hall of Famer
CJ Mosley once again out this week after aggravating his groin injury that has caused him to miss a lot of this season already. Adam Gase even said he wouldn't rule out putting Mosley on IR. He's only played in two games which he injured his groin, yikes. That $85M contract is looking BAD right now. I don't know if Eric has a crystal ball and saw this coming but we avoided a major disaster with paying him that contract and dealing with this injury woe.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/25/c-j-mosley-out-this-week-possibly-much-longer/

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
CJ Mosley once again out this week after aggravating his groin injury that has caused him to miss a lot of this season already. Adam Gase even said he wouldn't rule out putting Mosley on IR. He's only played in two games which he injured his groin, yikes. That $85M contract is looking BAD right now. I don't know if Eric has a crystal ball and saw this coming but we avoided a major disaster with paying him that contract and dealing with this injury woe.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/25/c-j-mosley-out-this-week-possibly-much-longer/
please please please play two more games

Ludy51

Hall of Famer

Goddamnit Jets we told you to take care of him

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This set of tweets from Rich Cimini is outrageous - Joe Douglas has no excuses - he can stop this - the fact that he doesnt is ridiculous:

New chapter: Kelechi Osemele (shoulder) doesn’t show up today to have surgery. The team considers it an unexcused absence, per source. He continues to be fined. #Jets

Clarifying previous tweet: Kelechi Osemele did not show up to the Jets’ facility today. The team considers it an unexcused absence, per source. He’s having shoulder surgery that has not been authorized by the team. #Jets

Osemele is having his shoulder arthroscopy in Boston today with Dr. Glen Ross, according to his agent, Andrew Kessler. #Jets

G Kelechi Osemele, who had surgery today and hasn’t practiced or played since Week 3, is listed as doubtful. I kid you not. #Jets

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
This set of tweets from Rich Cimini is outrageous - Joe Douglas has no excuses - he can stop this - the fact that he doesnt is ridiculous:

New chapter: Kelechi Osemele (shoulder) doesn’t show up today to have surgery. The team considers it an unexcused absence, per source. He continues to be fined. #Jets

Clarifying previous tweet: Kelechi Osemele did not show up to the Jets’ facility today. The team considers it an unexcused absence, per source. He’s having shoulder surgery that has not been authorized by the team. #Jets

Osemele is having his shoulder arthroscopy in Boston today with Dr. Glen Ross, according to his agent, Andrew Kessler. #Jets

G Kelechi Osemele, who had surgery today and hasn’t practiced or played since Week 3, is listed as doubtful. I kid you not. #Jets
This is really bad, which ever way you look at it. If he is a real GM, he should have never let it happen in the first place but if someone is going over his head, it's unacceptable and he should just leave that rubbish of an organisation.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

pretty awful. This reminds me of the issues in KC earlier in the decade with a coach and GM that I can't even recall. Spying and stuff.

It's different but absolutely ridiculous.