• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

rossihunter2

Staff Member
pretty awful. This reminds me of the issues in KC earlier in the decade with a coach and GM that I can't even recall. Spying and stuff.

It's different but absolutely ridiculous.

i mean what do the jets think they're doing - the NFLPA are going to have serious legal recourse and they'll take them to court if they have to - the jets should lose draft picks over this

i mean what do the jets think they're doing - the NFLPA are going to have serious legal recourse and they'll take them to court if they have to - the jets should lose draft picks over this
The NFLPA has historically little success in the courtroom, if memory serves ... but this will be a slam dunk.

What player is ever going to want to sign there? When FA comes along, they will be offering up "confederate money". No one is going to take it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The NFLPA has historically little success in the courtroom, if memory serves ... but this will be a slam dunk.

What player is ever going to want to sign there? When FA comes along, they will be offering up "confederate money". No one is going to take it.

EHpssRxXYAI20if

this is the statement the nflpa put out already

also just in general - as ineffective as the NFLPA is - thank fuck the players have a union because if they didnt the owners would walk all over them even more to the detriment of the league and fans

EHpssRxXYAI20if

this is the statement the nflpa put out already

also just in general - as ineffective as the NFLPA is - thank [profanity deleted] the players have a union because if they didnt the owners would walk all over them even more to the detriment of the league and fans
That's true. I'm happy NFL owners have an element of control over the players because I do think it makes the sport better for fans across the board. I say that because I long felt like the all powerful MLBPA destroyed the sport for many years. But the players need a level of protection and what the Jets are doing is criminal.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
This set of tweets from Rich Cimini is outrageous - Joe Douglas has no excuses - he can stop this - the fact that he doesnt is ridiculous:

New chapter: Kelechi Osemele (shoulder) doesn’t show up today to have surgery. The team considers it an unexcused absence, per source. He continues to be fined. #Jets

Clarifying previous tweet: Kelechi Osemele did not show up to the Jets’ facility today. The team considers it an unexcused absence, per source. He’s having shoulder surgery that has not been authorized by the team. #Jets

Osemele is having his shoulder arthroscopy in Boston today with Dr. Glen Ross, according to his agent, Andrew Kessler. #Jets

G Kelechi Osemele, who had surgery today and hasn’t practiced or played since Week 3, is listed as doubtful. I kid you not. #Jets
See? Joe Douglas should've stayed with us and the Jets wouldn't have this issue, now wouldn't they?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

GREG ROBINSONT, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Browns LT Greg Robinson won't start Week 8 against the Patriots.
Robinson has been benched coming off the bye week. This isn't a surprise, but it leaves swingman Justin McCray on Baker Mayfield's blindside. The Browns are expected to be active in trade talks for a left tackle ahead of Tuesday's trade deadline.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

GREG ROBINSONT, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Browns LT Greg Robinson won't start Week 8 against the Patriots.
Robinson has been benched coming off the bye week. This isn't a surprise, but it leaves swingman Justin McCray on Baker Mayfield's blindside. The Browns are expected to be active in trade talks for a left tackle ahead of Tuesday's trade deadline.
As long as they don't land either Trent Williams or Solder I'm good. I need Baker to be humiliated till he decides to quit and join the XFL.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
As long as they don't land either Trent Williams or Solder I'm good. I need Baker to be humiliated till he decides to quit and join the XFL.
Trent Williams is who I've been worried about, but the Skins already turned down an offer once.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Brady has offered his number (12) to Sanu. Not sure if he is going to take it though.

https://sports.yahoo.com/mohamed-sa...-184858766.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_04
A number is only as good as the player that dons it. Nobody understands it better than Brady. Good for him because it's a really classy and selfless move to welcome a new team mate.

We also have to look at what Humphrey did in giving up his #29 to ET. Sure he accepted a gift from ET for his mother's charity, but that was for charity. He never fought the idea. Very classy on his part too.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
ANTONIO BROWN Former WR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Antonio Brown is "in a standoff" with the league over his playing status.
Brown said earlier this month he hoped to have his status cleared up "in a few weeks." He's expected to interview with the league at some point, but there hasn't been any movement on that front. Brown could get a second chance when his off-field situation is resolved. The odds remain against him returning this year.

SOURCE: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Per Kelechi Osemele’s agents: Osemele’s surgery went well yesterday, but damage to shoulder was more extensive than anticipated. His representatives and NFLPA are now considering specific action against the Jets’ team doctor for violations of State Medical Board Regulations.
good. The Jets should lose draft picks.....maybe a 3rd, which they could give to us for the Mosley debacle.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

• LIL'JORDAN HUMPHREY WR, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Saints waived WR Lil'Jordan Humphrey.
    The Saints activated WR Krishawn Hogan to the active roster to take Humphrey's spot. Humphrey is a practice squad candidate. At Texas, Humphrey showed some playmaking ability, but he showed up at the Combine with 4.75 speed and a poor 33.5-inch vertical.

RELATED:

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
MATT RYANQB, ATLANTA FALCONS

Matt Ryan has been ruled out for Week 8 against the Seahawks.
This will be Ryan's first missed start in over a decade. His ankle injury wasn't worth playing through with the Falcons out of the playoff picture, especially with a Week 9 bye awaiting. Atlanta will, unfortunately, be starting 38-year-old Matt Schaub, who has 14 passing touchdowns to 20 interceptions since 2013. Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Austin Hooper, and Devonta Freeman's outlooks obviously have to be downgraded for this week.

RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Oct 26, 2019, 3:58 PM ET