• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Redskins want a 1st and the Browns offered a first, so unless they are trying to get what the Dolphins got for Tunsil then I can see teams hanging up the phone and moving on.
As good as Trent Williams is, he is 31 years old. I'd love to see the Browns trade 2 1sts for him. Not like the skins would know how to use them and the Browns wouldn't have Trent Williams that long either before he starts to show his age.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Some QB news:

- Panthers announce Kyle Allen will be the starter against the Titans on Sunday.

- Bears will keep Mitchell Trubisky as the starter saying there is time for him to improve.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
As good as Trent Williams is, he is 31 years old. I'd love to see the Browns trade 2 1sts for him. Not like the skins would know how to use them and the Browns wouldn't have Trent Williams that long either before he starts to show his age.

Just read the Redskins are sitting on an offer for Williams that is only a second round pick. Seems they are holding out for a first round pick. Or they want to see if they can get a higher second round pick.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2019-10-29_10-33-40.png

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The difference is Broncos got disillusioned by him very quickly. We made a huge mistake extending him the second time, so we had to act like all is normal. He plays exactly the same as he did in Baltimore but coach doesn't trust him.

I agree 100%.

Nothing has changed with "FLUCCO". I'm seeing his same stick there in Denver as we did here for nearly 12 seasons. Then, he tosses the coaches under the bus and wonders why they don't get more aggressive although they are 2-6? It's because YOU are their quarterback Joe! :lol:

And now after tossing the Head Coach and O.C. under the bus and rolling back over them yesterday.....today it was announced that ole "Flucc's" may be out for a few weeks due to his mysterious neck injury. Spin it Denver, spin it! :rolleyes:

https://www.4for4.com/fantasy-football/news/broncos-qb-joe-flacco-neck-out-week-9

stuck his neck too far out - must have strained it

He may be done in Denver. Heard Sandusky on WBAL say that they may put him on IR.

I don’t think Joe would have done this had he not seen the handwriting on the wall. They are now in full rebuild mode.

Either way he is right about the play calling.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
its just insane how bad breshad has been as a pick - not just underachieved or been disappointing but literally cant play football with any degree of proficiency - there are athletes in the game who have found their niche but breshad doesnt do that stuff where he can be schemed into space - just literally cant play football

ive got to think he goes into the top 3 worst ravens top picks ever
Oh but he'll play one of his best games against us tho in the season finale last year. Thank goodness we won that.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
In regards to Flacco, this is what I mentioned in the Week 8 Discussion in the Other Teams Section:

"While I understand where he's coming from, he ain't one to talk about urgency. I still vividly remember watching the game at the 49ers in 2015 in which we were down by 5 but we were moving so slow and lethargic to the LOS. It was at the point where even the commentators were shocked on the lack of urgency we were moving to. The following year at the Cowboys, we still had the chance to be in an opportunity to at least cut the lead to 7 points or even 3 (if we got lucky). I'd even mention the Vikings in 2017, but we lost damn near all our of top WRs, RBs, and TEs before the game.

While I'm eternally grateful for his performance in the playoffs and Super Bowl, he shouldn't be throwing stones at glass houses considering the fact that he's a problem of their offense as well."

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He may be done in Denver. Heard Sandusky on WBAL say that they may put him on IR.

I don’t think Joe would have done this had he not seen the handwriting on the wall. They are now in full rebuild mode.

Either way he is right about the play calling.

to be fair to the broncos it sounds like he's got a herniated disc which isnt a joke - and the recovery might take him beyond week 17
4-6 weeks for one in your back but in your neck i imagine you want to be a bit more cautious around that kind of disc injury... maybe - not an expert at all my guess is that his season may be done (in which case they may well put him on i/r)

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I agree 100%.

Nothing has changed with "FLUCCO". I'm seeing his same stick there in Denver as we did here for nearly 12 seasons. Then, he tosses the coaches under the bus and wonders why they don't get more aggressive although they are 2-6? It's because YOU are their quarterback Joe! :lol:

And now after tossing the Head Coach and O.C. under the bus and rolling back over them yesterday.....today it was announced that ole "Flucc's" may be out for a few weeks due to his mysterious neck injury. Spin it Denver, spin it! :rolleyes:

https://www.4for4.com/fantasy-football/news/broncos-qb-joe-flacco-neck-out-week-9
upload_2019-10-29_12-23-11.png

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png

KEN WHISENHUNTC, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Chargers fired OC Ken Whisenhunt.
When coordinators start getting fired, it signals the head coach is feeling the heat. Coach Anthony Lynn is running out of lives with the Chargers sitting at 3-5. Offensive-minded Lynn has a run-game coordinator background, and the Bolts have been held to fewer than 40 rushing yards as a team in each of the four games since Melvin Gordon ended his holdout. We doubt Whisenhunt was the one campaigning for Gordon to be so heavily involved after Austin Ekeler tore up the competition Weeks 1-4. Either way, Whisenhunt was no mastermind. His loss likely won't be felt all that much. Lynn is likely coaching for his job over the season's second half.

I guess he hurt his neck when he said all of this. Vic Fangio announces that Flacco will not play against the Browns due to a neck injury. Brandon Allen will start for the Broncos against the Browns.
I'm sure Joe doesn't care one bit. He had to know that he was going to get slapped down after those comments. Coach kinda has to, or would show his team he has no balls. Why he needs to has to make up *just assuming it is* an injury to bench him, I'm not sure. His play would be rationale enough.

Still, when I hear Joe getting bashed, it is a knee jerk reaction to come to his defense. I was hoping he'd have some success there, but he's had anything but. You can tell he's not used to playing for a 2-6 team. I have to think this should be his last year.

I can't even start explaining how happy I am to see horseface's house of cards crumbling down. Too bad the Browns will have a field day with them.
But they'll be all better now that Joe's out of the way ... Joking but in reality, they may have a better chance. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the team responds.

Last edited:
I agree 100%.

I disagree on one point - you say it is the same schtick as he played here, but he never would have said anything like that here. When we did poorly, he put it on himself. Well, you could argue that it was because he played poorly, but he owned his bad performances.

This to me was very un-Joe like. I wish he would have held his tongue. He was right from a logic standpoint, but you don't voice that publicly. If you know the writing is on the wall for you and you're not happy about it, you still have to just let it quietly run its course.

I just don't want to see that be his swan song but make no mistake - he needs to call it a career. So if he is run out of Denver, then this could be his last act as an NFL player.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ncos-qb-joe-flacco-could-be-out-fivesix-weeks

JOE FLACCOQB, DENVER BRONCOS

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Joe Flacco could be out "as long as 5-6 weeks."
The reported 5-6 week timetable likely shelves Flacco for the rest of the year. He'll get a second opinion on his herniated disk from Dr. Jack Kelley before making any long-term decisions. Rapoport adds that surgery is unlikely and Flacco's career isn't in jeopardy. With Brandon Allen slated to start in Week 9 and Brett Rypien activated as the team's backup over No. 42 overall pick Drew Lock, the injured 34-year-old would likely take a backseat to the rookie's developmental reps to finish the year even if healthy. Broncos fans should rejoice in that they've likely seen the last of the Flacco era in Mile High.