• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I guess he hurt his neck when he said all of this. Vic Fangio announces that Flacco will not play against the Browns due to a neck injury. Brandon Allen will start for the Broncos against the Browns.

I can't even start explaining how happy I am to see horseface's house of cards crumbling down. Too bad the Browns will have a field day with them.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
upload_2019-10-29_7-41-17.png

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
looks like the browns are going to nab trent williams

traded avery to the eagles too

TRENT WILLIAMST, WASHINGTON REDSKINS

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Redskins are open to trading LT Trent Williams.
Williams has been holding out all season. Per Rapoport, the Redskins "have begun the process of looking at potential suitors, and the Browns have been one. Unclear how high they set the asking price, but they’ll at least listen." One of the league's best offensive tackles when healthy should fetch a more-than-decent haul on the trade market. The bigger question is why it took the 1-7 Redskins so long to come to this conclusion.

Not to mention the Jets
Not sure what the Giants are thinking with this. I don't think they have the profile of a "buyer" at the trade deadline, but maybe a part of a longer term master plan ...

Gettleman likes him a lot, and he should be a better fit for the Giants. Could be interesting having Lawrence and Williams next to each other in that 3-4. Jets are a dumpster fire, so I would expect him to be better regardless.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Redskins are open to trading LT Trent Williams.
Williams has been holding out all season. Per Rapoport, the Redskins "have begun the process of looking at potential suitors, and the Browns have been one. Unclear how high they set the asking price, but they’ll at least listen." One of the league's best offensive tackles when healthy should fetch a more-than-decent haul on the trade market. The bigger question is why it took the 1-7 Redskins so long to come to this conclusion.

They'll listen and ask for too much, then lose him for nothing or almost nothing

JO_75

Hall of Famer

Browns will give a stupid offer in order to beat any other team. Other teams I see going after him would be Jaguars, Vikings or Panthers.

Unless there is a team trending toward the top 10-15 in the draft order willing to give up a first for him.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Browns will give a stupid offer in order to beat any other team. Other teams I see going after him would be Jaguars, Vikings or Panthers.

Unless there is a team trending toward the top 10-15 in the draft order willing to give up a first for him.

How much more can the Browns give up though?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
of course we only have Nick Boyle, but Maxx is found a nitch in AZ, Waller is doing well in Oakland and ZDS has blossomed in Green Bay, while Breshad Perriman has tackled his own RB in Tampa.

its just insane how bad breshad has been as a pick - not just underachieved or been disappointing but literally cant play football with any degree of proficiency - there are athletes in the game who have found their niche but breshad doesnt do that stuff where he can be schemed into space - just literally cant play football

ive got to think he goes into the top 3 worst ravens top picks ever

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
playcalling has been problematic at best from the broncos
also decisionmaking etc. been questionable as well from the top of the organisation

doesnt exonerate joe from his mistakes but you can tell he's not used to being in a situation where a team just has no belief they can go and win a game
I totally agree it doesn't exonerate him from his mistakes, which he has made many.