• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JO_75

Hall of Famer
J.B. Long @JB_Long

Sean McVay updates the @RamsNFL
injuries...
C Brian Allen: lost for the season (MCL)
RT Rob Havenstein: out this week, could be a couple weeks (meniscus)
WR Brandin Cooks: also will not play in Week 11 vs Bears (concussion)

Rich Hammond @Rich_Hammond

Introducing your available Rams offensive linemen: Andrew Whitworth
Austin Blythe
Austin Corbett
David Edwards
Jamil Demby
Coleman Shelton
Bobby Evans
Chandler Brewer and Jeremiah Kolone are on the practice squad.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
J.B. Long @JB_Long

Sean McVay updates the @RamsNFL
injuries...
C Brian Allen: lost for the season (MCL)
RT Rob Havenstein: out this week, could be a couple weeks (meniscus)
WR Brandin Cooks: also will not play in Week 11 vs Bears (concussion)

Rich Hammond @Rich_Hammond

Introducing your available Rams offensive linemen: Andrew Whitworth
Austin Blythe
Austin Corbett
David Edwards
Jamil Demby
Coleman Shelton
Bobby Evans
Chandler Brewer and Jeremiah Kolone are on the practice squad.
That's sad.
I almost cried.....not
Can't beat shit Pittsburgh

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Bucs have released Vernon Hargreaves. Other than Ramsey, the first round in that draft wasn't great for cornerbacks.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bucs have released Vernon Hargreaves. Other than Ramsey, the first round in that draft wasn't great for cornerbacks.
Jackson isn't that bad and I think Apple is doing ok in nola. But the others are:
1e0083a5f99cc0b44555951e0986da1b.jpg

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just watched the highlights to the game last night and all I could think was how annoying the Monday Night broadcast team is....god they suck....they really gotta change that crew

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Vernon was RELEASED?????????????????????
I was surprised as well and felt if they didn't exercise the 5th year option on him back in April, then they would have let him play out the season and hope to get a compensatory pick for him. Since they did exercise it, it would guarantee his contract if he was still on the roster in March. To make it more complicated, if he was injured and hadn't recovered by the 1st day of the league year in March, then you'd be in a Blake Bortles situation, where you had to pay him. Anyway, that's my opinion on why he was waived, outside of him not playing well at all.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I was surprised as well and felt if they didn't exercise the 5th year option on him back in April, then they would have let him play out the season and hope to get a compensatory pick for him. Since they did exercise it, it would guarantee his contract if he was still on the roster in March. To make it more complicated, if he was injured and hadn't recovered by the 1st day of the league year in March, then you'd be in a Blake Bortles situation, where you had to pay him. Anyway, that's my opinion on why he was waived, outside of him not playing well at all.

I liked him out of college, has he been bad prior to this year? I watch the Bucs play from time to time because I am in Florida. My guess is that he is done with that crap team.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I liked him out of college, has he been bad prior to this year? I watch the Bucs play from time to time because I am in Florida. My guess is that he is done with that crap team.
Sounds like Arians doesn't like him. Might have been stuff going on behind the scenes. Reason for benching on Sunday and this cut is said to be "no effort" on WH part.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
VERNON HARGREAVESDB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Buccaneers waived CB Vernon Hargreaves.
Hargreaves' third quarter benching against the Cardinals was the last straw for the organization after he'd proven to be a massive bust as the No. 11 overall pick in the 2016 draft. Hargreaves had appeared in just 10 games coming into the season and, although he's been on the field this year, has been dog-walked for 41/591/2 and 10.5 yards per target as PFF's No. 112 corner among 116 qualifiers at his position in '19. The Dolphins are a likely candidate to claim him off waivers given their willingness to take chances on first-round pedigrees in a lost season.