• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Oh, there's more:

upload_2019-11-15_12-56-7.png

rossihunter2

Staff Member
not sure what to think about this:

https://twitter.com/QuincyEnunwa/status/1195159632379076608

like enunwa clearly got it wrong - but then it does just seem like the team's punishing a fairly minor indiscretion with a max fine - he should have communicated better but he didnt not have reasons and he's on season-ending I/R anyway so its not like this really made difference - i just dont understand fining him to the max or whatever but heyho

whatever you think about this its another bad look for the jets after osemele and apparently there's an impending grievance being brought by luke falk also

for what it's worth manish mehta and connor hughes (big-time jets beat guys) have seemed to come out and defend enunwa somewhat

luke falk's grievance seems to be about being released despite being injured and not appearing on the injury report...

all of these issues continue to be related to the medical staff in some form or other but also the GM - why is Joe Douglas fining these guys?

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
not sure what to think about this:

https://twitter.com/QuincyEnunwa/status/1195159632379076608

like enunwa clearly got it wrong - but then it does just seem like the team's punishing a fairly minor indiscretion with a max fine - he should have communicated better but he didnt not have reasons and he's on season-ending I/R anyway so its not like this really made difference - i just dont understand fining him to the max or whatever but heyho

whatever you think about this its another bad look for the jets after osemele and apparently there's an impending grievance being brought by luke falk also

for what it's worth manish mehta and connor hughes (big-time jets beat guys) have seemed to come out and defend enunwa somewhat

luke falk's grievance seems to be about being released despite being injured and not appearing on the injury report...

all of these issues continue to be related to the medical staff in some form or other but also the GM - why is Joe Douglas fining these guys?
WTF is going on there? It seems to me Douglas is in way over his head.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
WTF is going on with this Kaepernick workout? He changed the location one hour before the workout was supposed to start at Falcons facility?

Is he an idiot or there's more to the story?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
WTF is going on with this Kaepernick workout? He changed the location one hour before the workout was supposed to start at Falcons facility?

no, he's an idiot sounds about right. Anyway, there has to be more to this story.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

there's more to the story - nfl wanted him to sign a waiver that explicitly covered the nfl from more than just the usual pro-day stuff (basically a piece of paper that would help them in future litigation with him), on top of that they refused to let Kaep's crew film the workout as well as them - so kaep's agents requested media be allowed to film and the nfl declined - clearly the kaepernick camp had planned for that being the case so they had a backup venue about an hour away with good transport links and security in place

it looks to me by all accounts that the nfl wanted to control the narrative of this workout which suggests to me they werent intending to be honest about the work he's doing

camera angles are dodgy but here's the livestream of his workout currently going on:

the nfl, on their part have come out to say their side of it:

https://twitter.com/EdgeofSports/status/1195825077398462464

for what it's worth - the nfl are making it sound like he didnt show up to any workout but he's currently got one going on with multiple high ups from multiple teams watching

nfl clearly not interested in transparency which given the lack of trust between both sides is a bad look

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
there's much more to the story - nfl tried to make him sign a non-standard waiver among other things

here's the statement that went out earlier:

EJhJhCiWoAElBf1
The NFL never seems to think that people will find out about these things and they always do. Definition of ignorance and this goes right to the top. I'm looking at you Mr. Goodell.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
there's more to the story - nfl wanted him to sign a waiver that explicitly covered the nfl from more than just the usual pro-day stuff (basically a piece of paper that would help them in future litigation with him), on top of that they refused to let Kaep's crew film the workout as well as them - so kaep's agents requested media be allowed to film and the nfl declined - clearly the kaepernick camp had planned for that being the case so they had a backup venue about an hour away with good transport links and security in place

it looks to me by all accounts that the nfl wanted to control the narrative of this workout which suggests to me they werent intending to be honest about the work he's doing

camera angles are dodgy but here's the livestream of his workout currently going on:

the nfl, on their part have come out to say their side of it:

https://twitter.com/EdgeofSports/status/1195825077398462464

for what it's worth - the nfl are making it sound like he didnt show up to any workout but he's currently got one going on with multiple high ups from multiple teams watching

nfl clearly not interested in transparency which given the lack of trust between both sides is a bad look

Thanks for that - now it makes sense.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The NFL never seems to think that people will find out about these things and they always do. Definition of ignorance and this goes right to the top. I'm looking at you Mr. Goodell.

Thanks for that - now it makes sense.

the nfl rebuttal isnt worth completely ignoring but i think it's pretty telling that nfl attached insiders etc. are very quiet with the analysis - nfl network and nfl.com has zero reporting on the workout beyond the press releases but non-attached nfl media seem to all be erring towards kaep's team's side

i would suggest all those who say that kaepernick's only looking for publicity should look at the fact that he's gone and done the workout anyway without the nfl help - if he was looking only for attention then he would have cancelled the whole thing and complained about it

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i was watching bits of it - his mechanics look the exact same as when he last played in the nfl - he can still throw with enormous velocity and put balls on a line - his release was slightly languid but i think he was trying not to be too rushed - his footwork looked ok but he was mostly practicing from under centre (which he wouldnt do loads of in the nfl id imagine) - accuracy was inconsistent but he threw a couple of beautiful deep balls right on the money

he basically looked like the kaepernick he's always been as a thrower but the issues with kaepernick as a qb were never really about arm talent it was always about making reads and throwing with accuracy, touch and timing - but last time we saw him he was playing like a decent game-manager who also could use his legs - someone who would and should start for maybe 5-6 teams currently at least but certainly could backup for most teams in the league