• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Dan Snyder "And the Sellout streak continues"

FB_IMG_1574001826549.jpg

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
https://twitter.com/DeAndreHopkins/status/1196181477488246790

im glad we got the call but we shouldnt have and D Hop is 100% correct here - im glad he said it also even though he's about to get a fine for this

marlons timing was off..he didn't even need to grab hopkins as the ball wasn't going to be caught.

Marlon strikes me as a healthy Prince Amukamara standard player ( not comparing sytles just ability) he'll be a very good corner but he doesn't have that richard sherman or casey hayward saavy.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well so much for watching our game at 1PM against the 49ers then watching the slugfest between the Browns & Steelers at 4:25pm. The NFL has announced that Raiders-Chiefs in Week 13 has been moved to 4:25pm. Browns-Steelers has now been moved up to a 1:00pm start instead.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...s-chiefs-raiders-to-later-kickoff-in-week-13/
this is smart of the NFL. Not only do they put the better game with playoff aspirations on in the National spotlight, but they also will oonly have the Browns - Steelers as a regional game so not many will be watching.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
marlons timing was off..he didn't even need to grab hopkins as the ball wasn't going to be caught.

Marlon strikes me as a healthy Prince Amukamara standard player ( not comparing sytles just ability) he'll be a very good corner but he doesn't have that richard sherman or casey hayward saavy.
omg, he's much better than Amukamara and no he isn't as good as Richard Sherman, but he is also in his 3rd season. He's still extremely good and in a more complex scheme than the Hawks ran.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
omg, he's much better than Amukamara and no he isn't as good as Richard Sherman, but he is also in his 3rd season. He's still extremely good and in a more complex scheme than the Hawks ran.

Amukamara is really, really good when he's healthy

which is never

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

You're always quick to predict how player's career will go based on one or two plays.
What about his ability to shadow and chase the best opposing receivers while not making too many mistakes and overall not giving them much to add to their stat sheets?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
You're always quick to predict how player's career will go based on one or two plays.
What about his ability to shadow and chase the best opposing receivers while not making too many mistakes and overall not giving them much to add to their stat sheets?
not only that, Humphrey wasn't targeted much at all yesterday. That says a lot.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

humphrey either shadows a team's best receiver and locks them down or he takes away a side of the field - he was targeted twice yesterday - yes one should have been called for that DPI on hopkins but no corner when hopkins gets that step is going to be able to know that ball is uncatchable because if they turn their head around they have no ability to recover - he allowed 1 reception for 8 yards yesterday and wasnt targeted the rest of the game outside of those 2 targets

he's far better than prince amukamara - that's an incredibly odd comparison given stylistically and quality-wise they are so different

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Marlons excellent. I said after watching more of him post draft and before his rookie season he had potential to be very good. I said he'd be a very good corner...top 5 though? I don't see it but he's def going to be consistently in the top 15

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
humphrey either shadows a team's best receiver and locks them down or he takes away a side of the field - he was targeted twice yesterday - yes one should have been called for that DPI on hopkins but no corner when hopkins gets that step is going to be able to know that ball is uncatchable because if they turn their head around they have no ability to recover - he allowed 1 reception for 8 yards yesterday and wasnt targeted the rest of the game outside of those 2 targets

he's far better than prince amukamara - that's an incredibly odd comparison given stylistically and quality-wise they are so different

i said their styles ar enothing alike

i put him in that quality bracket but of course as he's durable( knock wood) he's better in that sense.

Amukamara is underrated because he's basically been injured for half of his career. He's smooth as silk and a very good corner when healthy

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Marlons excellent. I said after watching more of him post draft and before his rookie season he had potential to be very good. I said he'd be a very good corner...top 5 though? I don't see it but he's def going to be consistently in the top 15

this year he has been top 2 or 3 in the nfl - only stephon gillmore has been in the same class and maybe richard sherman and tredavious white

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i said their styles ar enothing alike

i put him in that quality bracket but of course as he's durable( knock wood) he's better in that sense.

Amukamara is underrated because he's basically been injured for half of his career. He's smooth as silk and a very good corner when healthy

i just feel like that's completely undervaluing what marlon's been doing all-year which has put him firmly in the pro-bowl and all-pro discussion at his position

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
i just feel like that's completely undervaluing what marlon's been doing all-year which has put him firmly in the pro-bowl and all-pro discussion at his position

okay...

Amukamara, much like jimmy smith...his career has never taken off..

because they are both constnatly injured just when they are playing well. Whenever i've watched amukamara and he's not injured he's a superb corner

but health is an important factor. If he were on our team and you'd see him play when hes healthy you'd understand where im coming from.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
this year he has been top 2 or 3 in the nfl - only stephon gillmore has been in the same class and maybe richard sherman and tredavious white
after we played the Seattle Seahawks, Pete Carroll said he was on their radar in the 2017 draft. It was interesting to here that, because I had the Seattle Seahawks in 2017 in the forum mock and my 1st choice was Marlon Humphrey. He ended up being drafted one or two picks in front of me. I ended up with Tre White. Not a bad consolation, by any means. lol

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
after we played the Seattle Seahawks, Pete Carroll said he was on their radar in the 2017 draft. It was interesting to here that, because I had the Seattle Seahawks in 2017 in the forum mock and my 1st choice was Marlon Humphrey. He ended up being drafted one or two picks in front of me. I ended up with Tre White. Not a bad consolation, by any means. lol

Tre White is bascially what a healthy prime amukamara is

rossihunter2

Staff Member

humphrey was clearly a great fit for that seattle defence - just lucky we got him first