• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JO_75

Hall of Famer
https://twitter.com/NFLfootballinfo/status/1197602290976382980

pretty sure that's not allowed per NFL rules to give a non-finite suspension

In a way, it's a 6 game suspension masquerading as a indefinite suspension. If the indefinite suspension goes into next season then we'll find out how indefinite the suspension is.

So Pouncey will miss this week's game against the Bengals and the grudge match with the Browns and will return for the Cardinals game.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Sheldon Richardson was asked if Garrett had mentioned what Rudolph said and didn't even know about it.

Jake Trotter @Jake_Trotter
1h

I asked Browns DT Sheldon Richardson if Myles Garrett had ever told him what Garrett alleged about Rudolph in the hearing. Richardson said he hadn’t and said my question was the first he’d even heard about it.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Sheldon Richardson was asked if Garrett had mentioned what Rudolph said and didn't even know about it.

Jake Trotter @Jake_Trotter
1h

I asked Browns DT Sheldon Richardson if Myles Garrett had ever told him what Garrett alleged about Rudolph in the hearing. Richardson said he hadn’t and said my question was the first he’d even heard about it.
Garrett's a liar also, huh. Goodell will suspend him for another indefinite year...

rossihunter2

Staff Member
In a way, it's a 6 game suspension masquerading as a indefinite suspension. If the indefinite suspension goes into next season then we'll find out how indefinite the suspension is.

So Pouncey will miss this week's game against the Bengals and the grudge match with the Browns and will return for the Cardinals game.

right but there's now been an appeal that was upheld - this should have been the vehicle for the setting of those finite limits be that a season, 10 games or 6 games or whatever it is - as it stands this appeal has just thrown garrett out of the league with no obvious recourse

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
right but there's now been an appeal that was upheld - this should have been the vehicle for the setting of those finite limits be that a season, 10 games or 6 games or whatever it is - as it stands this appeal has just thrown garrett out of the league with no obvious recourse
interesting way of looking at it, but I think he plays at the beginning of the season or maybe misses another 4 games at most, in 2020

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
they've put people on the commissioner's exempt list but with the idea that recuperation and reinstatement was a possibility
they have upheld here an indefinite suspension which is unprecedented and im pretty sure is against their penal guidelines
What it was upheld against is also unprecedented. Punishment fits the crime.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
it also breaks the rules of the CBA - im not saying he shouldnt be suspended but he should be suspended for a finite period of time
I get that but can't common sense prevail under circumstances? This gives everybody enough time to get it right. Let's be honest - it was never going to be less than 6 games - I see no problems with calling it indefinite.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
i dont get why it has to be either 6 games or indefinite though?
6 is the number of games left in the season at that point but in the wording they initially included "no less than until the end of the season and any playoff games they might qualify for). I think they rightfully view the incident as something that deserves to carry much harsher punishment than "suspended for the season" (which would be just 6-10 games) but since there is no real precedent, they are giving themselves time to try and weigh it right.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I get that but can't common sense prevail under circumstances? This gives everybody enough time to get it right. Let's be honest - it was never going to be less than 6 games - I see no problems with calling it indefinite.

When they said indefinitely I assumed rest of season and reinstated over the summer. I think the league just wants it to die down while seeming like they are truly concerned about Myles' actions.

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
Myles Garrett reporting that Rudolph claimed “This is Steelers country!” and yelled various racist and homophobic slurs.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
statement from garrett:

EJ76-6iXYAAK3Tk