• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JO_75

Hall of Famer
This was from earlier this morning but it seems David Tepper not only wants to bring in his own coach but also a new Quarterback for the Panthers.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Some Kicking news....

- Cowboys release Kicker Brett Maher and sign Kia Forbath.

- Colts Kicker Adam Vinatieri will have season ending knee surgery.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Funny, I just got done watching this video. Can't wait until next year when we turn FedEx Field Purple when we play them in the regular season next year. It's going to be like being at M & T Bank but just in Landover lol.
yep and tickets should be pretty cheap.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Patriots are yet again involved in another dubious incident.
yeah the more i see about this the less of a big deal it seems - its literally only been blown up because it was the pats and they've got previous
I just read an athletic article on it there is apparently more to it than you'd think.
(...)
According to sources who have viewed the tape, it shows about eight minutes of footage focusing on recording the Bengals’ sideline. It’s a direct view of the sideline as players run on and off the field and coaches make signals for plays.

This isn’t an over-the-shoulder of the advanced scout who is doing his job stuff. This is shooting the sideline. For an extended period of time. The egregious nature of the video is why it set off the firestorm it did during the game with the Bengals executives in the press box.(...)

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Odell's lack of success speaks volumes against Baker and the offense.

Let this shit come into fruition

When news broke that OBJ was headed to CLE I was genuinely concerned. The 2018 Browns were showing real promise and the way they ended the season indicated that they would be dangerous. I still did not see them as the consensus division winner they were predicted to be but they were a real threat.

Kitchens incompetence along with what appears to be Bakers complacency got them off to a bad start and sometimes that’s all you need to have a team of divas and undisciplined players to go south.

OBJ is just slightly less than AB level of poison player but I wouldn’t want him anywhere near my team. They won’t be getting a 1st rounder in return I wouldn’t think.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Players dropping like flies:

NFL.com's Mike Garafolo reports Alshon Jeffery (foot) is done for the season.
Lions placed WR Marvin Jones on injured reserve with an ankle injury, ending his season.
Bengals placed WR Auden Tate on injured reserve with a sprained left MCL, ending his season.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Mike Evans (hamstring) is expected to miss the rest of the season.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Regarding the Patriots situation, I work with a Pats fan. He comes in the office and I tell him, "There's always something with you guys." He starts laughing and says (and I'm paraphrasing, "I know. Anything you have to do to win." And I ask him, "And you're proud of that?" He says yep and starts to laugh again as I'm shaking my head at him.

The Pats are the least wholesome team in the league. After all folks, it's not a surprise when people says "When the Patriots lose, America wins." It's only right and proper.