• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Overhauling the whole offensive staff to cover up for Trubisky being a bad pick lol.

Adam Schefter
2 hrs ·
‪Big changes to Bears coaching staff: former Jaguars’ OC John DeFilippo is being hired as their QB coach, QB coach Dave Ragone is being promoted to passing game coordinator, and Bill Lazor is being hired as OC, per league source.‬

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Odell Beckham has an arrest warrant out for simple battery against an New Orleans Police Officer after the Championship Game.

Video appears to show Beckham slap the butt of a police officer who was in LSU’s locker room. NOLA.com reports that New Orleans police obtained an arrest warrant accusing Beckham of simple battery in connection with the incident.

The report said authorities originally wanted Beckham charged with misdemeanor sexual battery, but a judge denied that request.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ckham-over-alleged-battery-on-police-officer/

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Odell Beckham has an arrest warrant out for simple battery against an New Orleans Police Officer after the Championship Game.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ckham-over-alleged-battery-on-police-officer/

Just cannot resist doing dumb shit.

it's stupid yeah but this is so odd - i hope these police have the same attitude when someone does that to a woman...
like cool arrest him or do whatever with him but i bet you the nfl thinks about suspending him at least a game or 2 or whatever... which would be ridiculous

rossihunter2

Staff Member
All this time I was under impression he slapped female officer. He did not, so it wasn't sexual (unless Beckham is gay).
And it wasn't all fun, judging by the video

it was just stupid by him - and he'll get what he gets although i dont really understand why that situation even happens in the first place - like why are the police even in the locker room right then?

my worry is that because this is OBJ he'll get a suspension and that will make me livid because of the contrast between this and the situation with tyreek last year

we'll see what happens - not going to get angry until we see what happens - but i can just feel an nfl decision coming that will infuriate me

JO_75

Hall of Famer
it was just stupid by him - and he'll get what he gets although i dont really understand why that situation even happens in the first place - like why are the police even in the locker room right then?

my worry is that because this is OBJ he'll get a suspension and that will make me livid because of the contrast between this and the situation with tyreek last year

we'll see what happens - not going to get angry until we see what happens - but i can just feel an nfl decision coming that will infuriate me

Unfortunately, slapping the officer's rear would fall under violation of the Personal Conduct Policy per PFT. Then there is handing out money to LSU players. In regards to why the officers were in the locker room, because the cigars LSU players were smoking during celebration had to be stopped since they can't smoke indoors. Officer told the players that anyone caught smoking indoors would be arrested. Back to Odell....

The NFL surely will be reviewing the situation for potential discipline under the Personal Conduct Policy, since the policy expressly prohibits “[c]rimes against law enforcement, such as obstruction, resisting arrest, or harming a police officer or other law enforcement officer.”

Giving Money to LSU Players:

Beckham separately could face NFL scrutiny for handing out cash to LSU players, under the policy’s catch-all ban regarding “[c]onduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL personnel.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...enture-could-create-problems-for-him-at-work/

https://www.wbrz.com/news/officer-n...-in-locker-room-during-post-game-celebration/

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

I'd give him 2 games for stupidity alone.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm pretty sure this is something the Cardinals don't want to hear from the QB who they drafted with the first overall pick last year. Kyler Murray says he thinks he can play Baseball & Football in the same year.

“I think I could,” Murray said Thursday, via Bob McManaman of the Arizona Republic. “Athletically, I think, yeah, I could do it. I’ve been playing both my whole life. I would love to add that to the resume.”

“I don’t understand why in sports they try to marginalize it,” Murray said. “They try to make you pick one and I get it, but we’ll see. I think it would be fun. Right now, though, I’m just focused on football.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...he-could-play-baseball-football-in-same-year/