• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Texans plan to move forward with Bill O'Brien in charge as they will not hire a General Manager for 2020. Unless Bill O'Brien the GM plans on firing Bill O'Brien the Head Coach, the Texans will waste another season with him.

Well they won the AFCSouth and made the playoffs. Since idk if they even have a draft pick wtf you need a GM for.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Texans plan to move forward with Bill O'Brien in charge as they will not hire a General Manager for 2020. Unless Bill O'Brien the GM plans on firing Bill O'Brien the Head Coach, the Texans will waste another season with him.
sounds good to me.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Should we get ready for a Blockbuster trade between Carolina and Cincy? David Tepper as seen by the huge contract he gave Rhule will do whatever it takes to get his man. Will he try to sell the farm to reunite Joe Brady & Joe Burrow in Carolina?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
This absolutley sucks! Luke is only 28, which is insane. He should have another 5-7 years or so of playing, but damn the game of football lost a good player. I understand the history of concussions and all so I know it played a huge part in his decision, now Carolina seems to be in for a total rebuild heading into the offseason.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
This sucks about him retiring. It sucks on so many levels. It sucks for him, it sucks for football, and it’s sucks for their fans.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The best 2 linebackers of this decade both retired before 30 - Kuechly and Willis - it's a high impact position (probably the most frequent high impact position) and its constantly undervalued but honestly stuff like this makes it even lower value because like RB it's fairly clear that LBs in general cannot necessarily be relied on late in their careers anymore

it just makes me wonder how long some of these young new lbs will play

the worst thing for football is that kuechly has clearly gone and made the correct decision which is a damning indictment of the game itself - it shouldnt be that players have to retire early in order to have a good rest of their life but that's the position the sport is currently in

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
The best 2 linebackers of this decade both retired before 30 - Kuechly and Willis - it's a high impact position (probably the most frequent high impact position) and its constantly undervalued but honestly stuff like this makes it even lower value because like RB it's fairly clear that LBs in general cannot necessarily be relied on late in their careers anymore

it just makes me wonder how long some of these young new lbs will play

the worst thing for football is that kuechly has clearly gone and made the correct decision which is a damning indictment of the game itself - it shouldnt be that players have to retire early in order to have a good rest of their life but that's the position the sport is currently in
Don’t forget about the other Niners LB who retired early—Chris Borland