• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
A legend retires...

DANTE SCARNECCHIAC, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Patriots OL Dante Scarnecchia is retiring after nearly three decades with the team.
A Patriots assistant since 1991, Scarnecchia first retired following the 2013 season. He then returned in 2016. The legendary position coach turns 72 in February. Something of a not-so-secret weapon during Bill Belichick's dynasty, Scarnecchia will be a difficult man to replace.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
not sure how smart it is to wait on him....

PATRICK MAHOMES
QB, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Speaking Tuesday, Chiefs owner Clark Hunt said the team may not extend Patrick Mahomes until 2021.
Mahomes' rookie deal is first eligible to be extended this offseason. "There will be a right time sometime in the next 12-15 months to extend Patrick, and when I say right time, I mean right time for both the player and the club," Hunt said. "I don't want to say necessarily it has to be this offseason, but I will say that it's a priority to get him done." Mahomes is under team control for two more years, but there is not much incentive for the Chiefs to wait. Whenever the deal is done, Mahomes is going to become the highest-paid player in league history by a staggering margin. It would be better to get it out of the way sooner rather than later. Perhaps potential changes to the CBA are looming in Hunt's mind.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
not sure how smart it is to wait on him....

PATRICK MAHOMES
QB, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Speaking Tuesday, Chiefs owner Clark Hunt said the team may not extend Patrick Mahomes until 2021.
Mahomes' rookie deal is first eligible to be extended this offseason. "There will be a right time sometime in the next 12-15 months to extend Patrick, and when I say right time, I mean right time for both the player and the club," Hunt said. "I don't want to say necessarily it has to be this offseason, but I will say that it's a priority to get him done." Mahomes is under team control for two more years, but there is not much incentive for the Chiefs to wait. Whenever the deal is done, Mahomes is going to become the highest-paid player in league history by a staggering margin. It would be better to get it out of the way sooner rather than later. Perhaps potential changes to the CBA are looming in Hunt's mind.

hey if they wait too long we should try and get lamar done first

JO_75

Hall of Famer
NFL Official Walt Anderson is done as an on field official and somehow despite being one of the worst refs out there, been promoted to Senior Vice President and will be in charge of the officiating development and training program.

When you promote the bad officials, it means the calls are going to stay bad and even get worse if he is in charge of training and development.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...referee-walt-anderson-promoted-to-senior-v-p/

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
NFL Official Walt Anderson is done as an on field official and somehow despite being one of the worst refs out there, been promoted to Senior Vice President and will be in charge of the officiating development and training program.

When you promote the bad officials, it means the calls are going to stay bad and even get worse if he is in charge of training and development.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...referee-walt-anderson-promoted-to-senior-v-p/
The bolded part reminds me of the movie Ted.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
ELIOT WOLF G, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

The Browns and assistant GM Eliot Wolf agreed to mutually part ways.
Wolf has been considered one of the most promising GM candidates, but he wasn't going to get an opportunity in Cleveland after GM Andrew Berry signed a long-term deal this month. Wolf will likely serve as a righthand man to another NFL GM this season before going through the GM interview process once again.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Panthers to release TE Greg Olsen, he was scheduled to count $11M against the cap. His agent says he still wants to play despite FOX offering him a Broadcasting Job.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
while this is cool - it's also been debunked as untrue by the manager of the restaurant that got named in the original post

i definitely dont think this could ever happen to lamar lol - no way he doesnt get mobbed if he goes to a restaurant at this point lol
no I mean him paying for everyone. lol

That being said, I could see him stopping at every table on the way out to chat and learning their names by the end of the conversation.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Redskins QB Alex Smith talks about the infection that was life threatening. He also talked his desire to return to the field and play again.

“I had a pretty serious infection,” Smith told ESPN. “They had a lot of complications with it.”

“The next thing I remember is waking up several weeks later faced with the decision of amputation or limb salvage at that point,” Smith said.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...up-about-infection-that-nearly-took-his-life/

I could see him doing for a team what Tannehill did for the Titans this year if he is truly 100% fully healed.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
no I mean him paying for everyone. lol

That being said, I could see him stopping at every table on the way out to chat and learning their names by the end of the conversation.

yeah no i see lamar doing that - its a shame this is being spread around though - im sure pat mahomes has done some awesome things for people in KC - they really dont need to spread a fake thing

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
NFL awards so far we have:
Nick Bosa defensive ROTY
Kyler Murray offensive ROTY
Stephon Gilmore defensive POTY
Greg Roman assistant Coach of the year
Harbaugh is COTY
and soon Lamar MVP

Last edited: