• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

rossihunter2

Staff Member
NFL awards so far we have:
Nick Bosa defensive ROTY
Kyler Murray offensive ROTY
Stephon Gilmore defensive POTY
Greg Roman assistant Coach of the year
Harbaugh is COTY
and soon Lamar MVP

lamar also won air player of the year - he's going to be going up and down the stairs a lot

i do wish they didnt pre-tape the awards so far in advance - makes watching the awards completely superfluous - or at least impose nfl draft rules on media and those attending so that all official news doesnt come out until its broadcast... but for that to happen they'd have to actually broadcast at least close to live - i really dont know why they dont given that they have commercial breaks built into the pre-tape (which is also odd)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
haha lamar got edged out by 2 votes for offensive player of the year by michael thomas - sympathy votes lol

19 for michael thomas
17 for lamar jackson
12 for CMC
1 for russ
1 for pat mahomes

if that's an indicator of MVP my guess is it could be unanimous - im assuming the 2 votes for russ and pat were token votes for not getting mvp votes...

just assuming

rossihunter2

Staff Member
EPuYOpcX4AMUW8T

im sorry but the fact joe judge got a vote is absolutely outrageous - absolutely farcical - the fact that there are 6 great candidates on that stat sheet with votes and some imbecile gave one to the special teams and wrs coach of the pats - a team with maybe the worst wr group in football this year and a non-spectacular special teams...

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
haha lamar got edged out by 2 votes for offensive player of the year by michael thomas - sympathy votes lol

19 for michael thomas
17 for lamar jackson
12 for CMC
1 for russ
1 for pat mahomes

if that's an indicator of MVP my guess is it could be unanimous - im assuming the 2 votes for russ and pat were token votes for not getting mvp votes...

just assuming
Let's hope Bill Polian isn't a voter

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Well deserved! So happy for Lamar, Harbs and Roman

PFT Comment Section: Don't forget Bluetooth Guy!

Haters gonna hate! We'll be back next year and the Super Bowl is in Tampa next year, the sight of our first Super Bowl win!

JO_75

Hall of Famer
NFL awards so far we have:
Nick Bosa defensive ROTY
Kyler Murray offensive ROTY
Stephon Gilmore defensive POTY
Greg Roman assistant Coach of the year
Harbaugh is COTY
and soon Lamar MVP

Over Josh Jacobs & AJ Brown? Offensive Rookie of The Year is just a QB Award and this proves they will ensure a QB gets it over more deserving prospects.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Over Josh Jacobs & AJ Brown? Offensive Rookie of The Year is just a QB Award and this proves they will ensure a QB gets it over more deserving prospects.
What I don't understand is why McLaurin didn't get a single vote.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
lamar also won air player of the year - he's going to be going up and down the stairs a lot

i do wish they didnt pre-tape the awards so far in advance - makes watching the awards completely superfluous - or at least impose nfl draft rules on media and those attending so that all official news doesnt come out until its broadcast... but for that to happen they'd have to actually broadcast at least close to live - i really dont know why they dont given that they have commercial breaks built into the pre-tape (which is also odd)
Did I read this right? Does this say air player of the year and not ground player of the year? Hmmmm.....this is unprecedented. Has there be a RB who won this award before? I don't recall, but I could be wrong. Asking for a friend....

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Jaguars have announced that they will play back to back "home" games in London during the 2020 Season. Interesting that the Jags basically get home field advantage big time as they don't have to deal with travel for two weeks while facing two teams who may be jet lagged. The Jags did announce that the two home games against the Bears & Steelers will be played in Jacksonville leaving the Colts, Titans, Texans, Browns, Lions or Dolphins as potential opponents.

Jags Home Opponents: Colts, Titans, Texans, Browns, Lions, Dolphins, Bears, Steelers

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ay-back-to-back-home-games-in-london-in-2020/

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Jaguars have announced that they will play back to back "home" games in London during the 2020 Season. Interesting that the Jags basically get home field advantage big time as they don't have to deal with travel for two weeks while facing two teams who may be jet lagged. The Jags did announce that the two home games against the Bears & Steelers will be played in Jacksonville leaving the Colts, Titans, Texans, Browns, Lions or Dolphins as potential opponents.

Jags Home Opponents: Colts, Titans, Texans, Browns, Lions, Dolphins, Bears, Steelers

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ay-back-to-back-home-games-in-london-in-2020/

Looks like the Jags are trying to be London's defacto "home" team. Yeah to me it looks like a clear cut advantage that shouldn't be and if I was a division rival I'd be 100% pissed if I was involved in the 2nd game.

On a side note it sure likes Jax deserved that expansion team over Baltimore. :puke: