• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Theyre a few yrs late but atleast rivers gave it his all. Wonder if he will get picked up
Once he clears waivers he will probably be picked up. I could see him landing in Tampa Bay considering he just moved his family to Florida.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
lots of people suggesting tampa bay but he doesnt really fit with arians i dont think but who knows
it's probably won't be, because that is just too obvious due to the move. It could very well be a surprise where he lands. As a matter of fact, I think it will absolutely be a surprise.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think Rivers still wants to play, but this would be the most logical choice.

yeah i mean i know he moved his family to florida but that feels like a post-nfl move rather than prefacing a move to a new team especially given tampering rules and the fact that it would be bizarre to uproot his whole family for what would be, at most in all likelihood, a 3 year stint but honestly is most likely going to be 2 or maybe just 1...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
yeah i mean i know he moved his family to florida but that feels like a post-nfl move rather than prefacing a move to a new team especially given tampering rules and the fact that it would be bizarre to uproot his whole family for what would be, at most in all likelihood, a 3 year stint but honestly is most likely going to be 2 or maybe just 1...
should definitely be interesting to follow. Glad we have our guy.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
should definitely be interesting to follow. Glad we have our guy.

one of the more interesting qb years just because of the volume of teams that may either need or want a new qb and the fact that there are legitimate older options as vets, at least 2 prime qb prospects (albeit Tua has the hip issue) and then other guys like teddy bridgewater/jameis winston/ryan tannehill who could also make the market interesting

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
one of the more interesting qb years just because of the volume of teams that may either need or want a new qb and the fact that there are legitimate older options as vets, at least 2 prime qb prospects (albeit Tua has the hip issue) and then other guys like teddy bridgewater/jameis winston/ryan tannehill who could also make the market interesting
Idk why but whenever i hear jamesis name i just laugh man.. fans down here really really dislike this guy..

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
pretty understandable - he's not a nice human and is also the most infuriatingly explosively excitingly mediocre qb of this era - he's achieved extraordinarily average things that no qb in nfl history has ever done before
i didn't understand why teams valued him so much. When you throw interceptions in college they typically don't drop when you get into the NFL.

That was a terrible year for qbs

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i didn't understand why teams valued him so much. When you throw interceptions in college they typically don't drop when you get into the NFL.

That was a terrible year for qbs

i remember when people said winston and mariota were their highest graded qbs since luck 3 years earlier - which actually thinking about it isnt that crazy given the other qbs who got drafted between them... 2013 was a garbage fire of a qb class, 2014 was only marginally better so in hindsight i can see winston and mariota being the highest graded qbs since luck but that also not being a great indicator of success lol

its even worse given the 3-4 draft classes that followed:

2016: Dak, Wentz, Goff, Brissett
2017: Mahomes, Watson
2018: Lamar, Allen, Baker, Darnold
and the 2019 qb class looks pretty promising too - Kyler, Minshew, Daniel Jones, Haskins, Drew Lock all showed some things

was just a bad year to need a qb - as was 2014, as was 2013... (albeit 2014 did have carr and garropolo but neither were 1st rounders)