• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

if even one thing goes wrong or one team has technical issues that affect the draft being carried out fairly or properly then there is going to be a major shitstorm coming the nfl's way

they could have delayed this quite reasonably but they've twisted themselves into a corner

Technology is running the world, why wouldn't it be good enough to run a draft? They'll have multiple wireless, mobile and land lines, probably zillions of end points a HQ, no reason to think this will go bad.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Technology is running the world, why wouldn't it be good enough to run a draft? They'll have multiple wireless, mobile and land lines, probably zillions of end points a HQ, no reason to think this will go bad.

its not that technology's not good enough...

more that technically there shouldnt be anybody going into their homes to set up everything for them which makes things more difficult

basically if everyone follows protocols you're technically asking Harbs, EDC etc. to set these things up in their home rather than the IT and hardware guys they'd normally have to do all that stuff

but lets be honest i suppose, the IT guys are probably designated key workers and can do home visits with adequate protections

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
its not that technology's not good enough...

more that technically there shouldnt be anybody going into their homes to set up everything for them which makes things more difficult

basically if everyone follows protocols you're technically asking Harbs, EDC etc. to set these things up in their home rather than the IT and hardware guys they'd normally have to do all that stuff

but lets be honest i suppose, the IT guys are probably designated key workers and can do home visits with adequate protections
Even if they don't do on site work, I'm sure handling 32 installs in a month by hand-holding GMs over the phone/skype wouldn't be a huge problem. I'm pretty sure they'll all have most of what's needed already in place (VPN, software, etc) and it should be just a matter of hooking up extra redundancy in terms of comms.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Either this is one of his random tweets, or something is about to happen. Though he hasn't signed his Franchise Tag tender yet so unless he has, this has to be a random tweet for no reason.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Either this is one of his random tweets, or something is about to happen. Though he hasn't signed his Franchise Tag tender yet so unless he has, this has to be a random tweet for no reason.

Fuck it. @JAAM ! Time to start the Yannick train again. ALL ABOOOOOAAAARRRRDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAAM

Hall of Famer

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
this is definitely going to be a very interesting draft due to how it is going to be conducted. No question some team is going to have an issue technologically, but I'm pretty sure that won't be the Ravens. I'm thinking it's going to be the Giants.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
@allblackraven

i said this would be a problem lol

how was this stuff not litigated already or foreseen by the league

so many idiots around the world ploughing ahead despite everything telling them not to

This is pretty terrible.
The only thing left to do is for you to open the thread now and invite them to do the draft here.
12 hours per pick, spreadsheet, CoCo list, no collusion - full monty.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Chiefs re-signing Bashaud Breeland to a 1 year deal worth up to $4.5M.

Damn, now players taking 1 year deals to remain on a Super Bowl winning team.