• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JO_75

Hall of Famer
SAMMY WATKINSWR, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Chiefs restructured Sammy Watkins' contract.
Initially set to sponge the largest cap hit ($21 million) among all wideouts in 2020, Watkins' restructured one-year deal doles out a $9 million base salary with a chance to reach $16 million in additional incentives. While this move fortuitously creates $5 million in savings for the organization, it also keeps the 26-year-old entrenched as the team's starting slot receiver for another year. Sophomore speedster Mecole Hardman's breakout will likely have to wait since this reshuffling ensures 10-of-11 starters (minus former LG Stefen Wisniewski) from the team's Super Bowl-winning offense return for one more run. Watkins' fantasy outlook remains a late-round dart based solely on his three-game postseason resurgence (14/288/1).

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
1) If they select him, they select him. Our division is going to be a bunch of young kids.... and old man Ben. So say offensive line help makes Baker better, Lamar does what he did last year and Joe shows some promise, I'd say we'll probably become the AFC version of the NFC East, primetime games every week.

2) The best part about trading back is not watching them pass on Burrow, but watching them Bungle all those draft picks into nothing.

All I know is if the Pats or Steelers end up with the number one pick next year and automatic 15+ years of Trevor Lawrence, I'm going to be calling for an investigation. Is the Patriots waiting 5+ years before landing their next QB too much to ask for?
Only BB is diabolical enough and has monopolized the 'cheat' gene between him, Kraft and Brady for too long. So, I wouldn't put it past his long term planning about letting Brady walk this season, tank for Trevor and begin another potential dynasty next year.... Tomlin just isn't diabolical enough to think of a devious plan for cheating. He's just an instinctive 'in the moment' kind of cheater - like trying to trip Jacoby Jones on his way to a TD! laugh out loud!

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

if even one thing goes wrong or one team has technical issues that affect the draft being carried out fairly or properly then there is going to be a major shitstorm coming the nfl's way

they could have delayed this quite reasonably but they've twisted themselves into a corner

Which makes this draft even more exciting to watch.