• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bengals released Andy Dalton. fml and now Belichick has his QB. Why did they not even attempt to trade him for a 6th rounder.

Unbelievable. This is why they are a terrible organization and why the media pushed the Burrow should pull an Eli.

Trade him to a team early in FA where he can be the starter? Nope.

Release him early enough where he can find a starting job before the draft? Nope.

Release him outright AFTER the draft and 2 months after FA began? Yep.

Let the Patriots get him for free? Yep.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Unbelievable. This is why they are a terrible organization and why the media pushed the Burrow should pull an Eli.

Trade him to a team early in FA where he can be the starter? Nope.

Release him early enough where he can find a starting job before the draft? Nope.

Release him outright AFTER the draft and 2 months after FA began? Yep.

Let the Patriots get him for free? Yep.

tbf i think they wanted someone to trade for him but no one did
same deal as cam newton

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
maybe im wrong but i thought he retired - but a sabbatical would be even more damning i suppose
Jaguars LB Telvin Smith was arrested in Jacksonville on Wednesday.
Smith was arrested and charged with "unlawful sexual activity with certain minors," per the Duval County Jail website. Slapped with an $88,000 fine for blowing off mini-camp and stepping away from football to "get his world in order" last year, Smith is still on Jacksonville's roster since he never officially filed his retirement papers through league offices. His bond was set at $50,003.

SOURCE: Michael DiRocco on Twitter

JO_75

Hall of Famer

It's worth noting Dak has yet to sign his franchise tender. Now I'm sure he will eventually unless a long term contract is reached beforehand. Just imagine Dak decides to be the one QB to pull a Le'Veon and sit out games causing a ripple effect in the QB market. Then Dalton becomes the starter by default.

I was thinking he'd sign with the Bears considering their OC is the Bengals old OC Bill Lazor. Dalton would have easily won a three man battle over Trubisky and Foles.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
A lot of people liked Hooker in the draft, but I didn't want to draft him because of his injury history. This has of course continued in the NFL.

Colts declined S Malik Hooker's fifth-year team option for 2021.

Hooker has yet to play a full season for the Colts, playing in 34 of a potential 48 games. Just last season, Hooker dealt with hand, knee and foot injuries. His name was also floated as a possible trade candidate by former NFL executive Michael Lombardi ahead of the draft. When on the field, Hooker lives up to his draft billing in a free safety role. The Colts have plenty of cap space available in 2021, so if Hooker produces a healthy and quality 2020 season, he could cost Indy a hefty price in the form of a long-term contract. As Field Yates points out, among 2017 first-round picks: 17 were picked up, 13 were declined, one player was extended and one was outright released.