• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

rossihunter2

Staff Member
WTF

This doctor needs to be fired and lose his license. How does he still have a job? I think we know why Chargers players are always injured.

tbf the 2 tweets are about different doctors - we dont know whether the one that punctured tyrod's lung is a repeat offender

but the fact that the previous one had that bad of a record and then this happens is a bit damning on the hiring practices of the spanoses

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor

Cheap one year deals for Scherff and Von Miller next year, you know you want to Eric.

I'm glad his unavailability will allow our pass rushers to hunt when they play the Washington Football team... so hard not to say 'Redskins' in a condescending manner like I typically enjoy doing.

It was only a matter of time

The show must go on. Don't stop football.
Considering all the young people I've known that had covid, they probably have mild cold symptoms or none at all. They could probably just play, but I know we're all in a tizzy over this virus so maybe they can just take an early bye somehow?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
The show must go on. Don't stop football.
Considering all the young people I've known that had covid, they probably have mild cold symptoms or none at all. They could probably just play, but I know we're all in a tizzy over this virus so maybe they can just take an early bye somehow?
The bye thing won't work, because it could impact as many as four teams.

Will be interesting to see what the NFL has in store for this.

They're not going to cancel all 16 games because of this. But how they handle rescheduling of games, if necessary, will be interesting.

The funny thing is... if its just three actual players, and the rest test fine, they won't do anything. They'll quarantine and move forward with the game on Sunday.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The bye thing won't work, because it could impact as many as four teams.

Will be interesting to see what the NFL has in store for this.

They're not going to cancel all 16 games because of this. But how they handle rescheduling of games, if necessary, will be interesting.

The funny thing is... if its just three actual players, and the rest test fine, they won't do anything. They'll quarantine and move forward with the game on Sunday.

I agree with you - that's why they put in the increased practice squad size etc. so that teams would be able to deal with stuff like this - also the covid reserve list so that you can replace them on the 53 if necessary during their period out

but regarding the schedule the NFL did build in some schedule flexibility with some games to allow for delayed games to be caught up on etc. but I don't really think that's in play here unless we see more and more players from the Titans (and Vikings) test positive before the weekend

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree with you - that's why they put in the increased practice squad size etc. so that teams would be able to deal with stuff like this - also the covid reserve list so that you can replace them on the 53 if necessary during their period out

but regarding the schedule the NFL did build in some schedule flexibility with some games to allow for delayed games to be caught up on etc. but I don't really think that's in play here unless we see more and more players from the Titans (and Vikings) test positive before the weekend
1.Conceptually, 3 players testing positive is nothing in the grand scheme of things. They're testing like 2K players per week, so the idea of 3 testing positive should be considered quite successful.
2. I guess the oversight issue I'm seeing is that they're closing facilities for 5 days. That's a big deal. Maybe I hadn't considered it. I would think if everybody else tests negative, you quarantine those who are positive, maybe take a day to do an extensive cleaning of the facility, and go forward.
They're not going to postpone these games because of 3 players. They'll postpone them because it would be considered "unfair" for a team to basically not be able to practice for a week and then be expected to play a game, especially when the other team seemingly can.

I also don't know if closing the facility means they can't practice at all, or if they can use an alternate site. I'm not aware of an alternate usage site plan for NFL teams, so I don't know what that looks like. If the Castle sees an outbreak, I don't know that the Ravens have a backup plan for practices. I suppose they could use the gameday stadium, but that would also seem to be problematic if its a home game that week.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Broncos announce Brett Rypien to start Thursday Night against the Jets. Rypien was a UDFA in 2019.

Brett Rypien vs Sam Darnold.... the only matchup that can match Mahomes vs Lamar. Can't Wait!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
1.Conceptually, 3 players testing positive is nothing in the grand scheme of things. They're testing like 2K players per week, so the idea of 3 testing positive should be considered quite successful.
2. I guess the oversight issue I'm seeing is that they're closing facilities for 5 days. That's a big deal. Maybe I hadn't considered it. I would think if everybody else tests negative, you quarantine those who are positive, maybe take a day to do an extensive cleaning of the facility, and go forward.
They're not going to postpone these games because of 3 players. They'll postpone them because it would be considered "unfair" for a team to basically not be able to practice for a week and then be expected to play a game, especially when the other team seemingly can.

I also don't know if closing the facility means they can't practice at all, or if they can use an alternate site. I'm not aware of an alternate usage site plan for NFL teams, so I don't know what that looks like. If the Castle sees an outbreak, I don't know that the Ravens have a backup plan for practices. I suppose they could use the gameday stadium, but that would also seem to be problematic if its a home game that week.

they’ve been told they can’t practice as it stands until Saturday so my guess is that unless these come back as false positives that this game might be postponed

and with practicing it’s not about the location itself being contaminated it’s about the chance of a superspreader event within the whole playing roster during practices people can spread the virus for 3 days before you get a positive result on a test

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
Titans Steelers game is being rescheduled for later this season per Schefter. Honestly the Titans should forfeit this game. I don't want the NFL to re-organize our schedule