• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
tbf they thought they were getting a super bowl out of it until bill bellicheck smacked them around in the superbowl
We all knew it though, if they didn’t win it that year it was all over. The writing was on the wall when cj Anderson became the lead back in the playoffs. That offense was built entirely around Todd gurley and we knew his time was almost up, that injury was gonna rear it’s ugly head one day.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
It’s hilarious because literally everyone but les Snead saw how disastrous this would be
I think he saw it. Just like the Eagles did.
They just didn't care, because they knew they had a short window at a SB run, and they actually made it there. Unlike the Eagles, they just didn't win it.

I think fans need to understand that its quite common for NFL franchises to mortgage the future to win now. Its done all the time. When they win, like the Eagles did, nobody cares how bad their cap situation is in future years. When they don't, like the Rams, they're mocked for it.

Check out the 2021 Eagles cap situation. They've got $257M in active contracts on the books (with a cap that will certainly be under $200M, and could be as low as $175M), and that's just for 41 players. And a lot of their big contracts they can't cut to get rid of.

They'll be doing a LOT of extensions/restructures to veteran players to make it work.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Perfect, he’ll be nice and cheap next offseason and looking for a light workload on a loaded defense
"Nice and cheap" will be in excess of $10M a year, which would likely put him outside of the Ravens price range. He also would have a heavier workload here, because he wouldn't have a first rounder like Chubb playing on the other side.

Plus he's still under contract for 2021, the Broncos have a buttload of cap space for next season, so no reason for them to move on.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
"Nice and cheap" will be in excess of $10M a year, which would likely put him outside of the Ravens price range. He also would have a heavier workload here, because he wouldn't have a first rounder like Chubb playing on the other side.

Plus he's still under contract for 2021, the Broncos have a buttload of cap space for next season, so no reason for them to move on.
I’m gonna need you to shed some positivity for fucks sake

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I’m gonna need you to shed some positivity for fucks sake
We're basically one of the top 3-4 teams in the league among pretty much any analyst you'll find, and are one of the favorites to hoist the Lombardi.

Nothing else matters at this point.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We're basically one of the top 3-4 teams in the league among pretty much any analyst you'll find, and are one of the favorites to hoist the Lombardi.

Nothing else matters at this point.
When Jaylon ferguson is the only edge defender on the roster; I’d say that matters lol

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Two Runningbacks get paid on the eve of the first Sunday in 2020.

Per Schefter & Rap Sheet:

Sources: The #Saints & star RB Alvin Kamara have reached an agreement on a huge 5-year contract extension worth $75M in new money. He gets $77.133M overall and a $15M signing bonus. Kamara cashes in. Agent Damarius Bilbo of Klutch Sports did the deal.

Vikings’ RB Dalvin Cook is signing a five-year, $63 million deal, per sources.

Last edited: