• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

rossihunter2

Staff Member
https://www.totalprosports.com/2021...iiwZrmj291p8aUfpHtMd5YVU-fsfyfga-AtRiWqp8Vf5o

I really dislike jalen Ramsey. He’s a straight up egomaniac, and frankly he’s an overrated, emotional sissy too. His heart pumps kool aid

i mean you can dislike him for whatever but im kinda with him on this - media making a whole bunch of nothing out of practice reps without knowing the coverage and without acknowledging that 1v1s are massively favourable to the offence...

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i mean you can dislike him for whatever but im kinda with him on this - media making a whole bunch of nothing out of practice reps without knowing the coverage and without acknowledging that 1v1s are massively favourable to the offence...
Oh I know, I just love seeing Ramsey get emotional, he’s such a little b1tch.

and also, even outside of 1v1s in practice, he’s overrated.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
id agree that he's overrated in the sense that people think he's indisputably the number 1 CB in the NFL by a lot when you could make decent arguments that he's only (lol) a top 3-5 CB
Exactly. The fact that we have a league with marlon Humphrey, jaire Alexander, xavien Howard, Stephon Gilmore, and Tre white automatically crushes the “undisputed” label, and beyond that he is probably one of the most limited of any of those corners. Howard, Alexander, and white all have more skill playing the ball. Humphrey is without question better at naturally sticking his man and thus can play in the slot where I’m not sure Ramsey could, and I’d think both white and Alexander could outperform Ramsey in the slot as well. Ramsey is strictly a press corner and if he isn’t jamming you through the sideline, it’s game over for him.

at the end of the day, there’s a lot of elite corner talent in the league and they all have different skill sets, and I just don’t see what separates Ramsey from any of those guys, and none of them are embarrassments with their character like Ramsey is.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Exactly. The fact that we have a league with marlon Humphrey, jaire Alexander, xavien Howard, Stephon Gilmore, and Tre white automatically crushes the “undisputed” label, and beyond that he is probably one of the most limited of any of those corners. Howard, Alexander, and white all have more skill playing the ball. Humphrey is without question better at naturally sticking his man and thus can play in the slot where I’m not sure Ramsey could, and I’d think both white and Alexander could outperform Ramsey in the slot as well. Ramsey is strictly a press corner and if he isn’t jamming you through the sideline, it’s game over for him.

at the end of the day, there’s a lot of elite corner talent in the league and they all have different skill sets, and I just don’t see what separates Ramsey from any of those guys, and none of them are embarrassments with their character like Ramsey is.

not sure what jalen ramsey footage you've been watching to suggest that he's not sticky, can't play the slot and is exclusively a press corner who only wins because of the jam... because that's not him...

he's amazing in press and jamming and he's physical coming downhill for sure - but he's also got incredible change of direction and a ridiculous ability to breakdown and drive on the football in off coverage and in zone - great reading route combinations to make plays on the ball

to me he's the best corner in the league - i do think it's close but i still think he's the best

certainly got the best eye discipline of any CB in the league

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Browns lose second year LB Jacob Phillips for the year.

I saw on their forums all of them were celebrating Bateman being hurt sooooo...

I hate their fanbase. Steelers fans are stupid but I can respect them. Browns have been decent 1 year and forget how to act. Unbarable.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I know this has been the case all offseason but I can't see Miami moving on from Tua after his impressive preseason. Darnold I thought played well last night.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

DESHAUN WATSONQB, HOUSTON TEXANS

NFL Insider Aaron Wilson reports the Texans are "prepared" to declare Deshaun Watson inactive for every week in 2021.

SOURCE: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

I'm intrigued by this one on multiple levels.
1. I would think the NFLPA would have a probably straight forward legal grievance to file on behalf of Watson, if they so choose. Basically can't justify not putting him on the field without admitting you're blackballing him based on accusations and conjecture.
2. I find it not just a little hypocritical that people seem to be so adamant that the only thing that matters is that he's not allowed to play, yet seemingly are content with the fact that he will collect $10.5M in salary this year for doing literally nothing.

That's probably the only thing that's keeping the NFLPA from filing a grievance... he's still getting paid as if he's playing.

It's another comically bad example of why organizations like the NFL shouldn't be in the "morality enforcement" business. They basically can't suspend him under their own policies, but they also can't afford to put him out there what the morality police are driving around the neighborhood. So all that's left is to pay the guy in full to just not show up.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Former potential Raven and current Steeler Juju participates in the milk crate challenge. Can you imagine if he signed with us, did this stupid shit, and get seriously hurt in the process?

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor