• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

rossihunter2

Staff Member
When it comes down to it somebody received those e mails and why are only Gruden's released? Could Kroenke and Snyder both be implicated in this and that's why everything else is kept under wraps?

it's an old boys club - look at the way coaches have been on a hire/fire merry-go-round for years - it's a club and has been for years (only really starting to open up somewhat with some of these younger guys but even then there's quite a nepotism tree going on) - a lot of people are likely to have been complicit in similar conversations even if they haven't contributed...

there's no way snyder's not implicated in this given that this all centres around bruce allen and washington throughout his tenure (and the fact that the aural investigation with no written report forced him to step down from day-to-day operations) - ironically mark davis is probably one of the few owners not implicated in this (because he had to be sent all the correspondence etc. in the first place)

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think the pressure is gonna grow to publicise that investigation - the 40ish employees of WFT who are stakeholders in the investigation will be wanting to see the findings and the NFL can't pretend that there's nothing damaging there because they just ended Gruden's career by releasing them...

most obviously there's clearly stuff wrong because for Gruden to feel comfortable sending this stuff it's highly likely that others are sending similar stuff back
If the pressure grows, it's going to need to be from people that actually matter, not Twitter posters. It's going to require sponsors to back the movement and put financial backing behind it.
Only way they got the Redskins name off the team was for FedEx to threaten to pull their money. It'll require that.

And in my humble opinion, there's a LOT of Corporate sponsors who have skeletons in their closet too, who would hate to look like hypocrites by forcing the NFL to out one of it's own by publicly backing the other side.

They can have the Fritz Pollard Alliance and all these other made-up organizations say what they want, but it's going to require real muscle behind this to make it happen.

For all I know, these emails could include inappropriate behavior between NFL teams and leaders of corporate sponsors who also don't want this to see the light of day. If that's the case, it's a zero percent chance any public scrutiny amounts to anything.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
it's an old boys club - look at the way coaches have been on a hire/fire merry-go-round for years - it's a club and has been for years (only really starting to open up somewhat with some of these younger guys but even then there's quite a nepotism tree going on) - a lot of people are likely to have been complicit in similar conversations even if they haven't contributed...

there's no way snyder's not implicated in this given that this all centres around bruce allen and washington throughout his tenure (and the fact that the aural investigation with no written report forced him to step down from day-to-day operations) - ironically mark davis is probably one of the few owners not implicated in this (because he had to be sent all the correspondence etc. in the first place)
I mean that's fair, BUT, you've got to actually prove implications of Snyder in this. To this point, he's just a bad owner who hired inappropriate people to run his organization. Not only is that not a crime, it's also not in the stratosphere of forcing the NFL, or himself, to do anything about it.

If there's truly bad things in emails about Snyder, it implicates a lot more people than just him. I genuinely don't think the NFL care's one bit about protecting one owner. They'll protect their interests financially, but it ain't like if Snyder is forced to sell the team the Redskins go into oblivion. Will be a line of people waiting to buy, just like every other NFL franchise never has a lack of suitors when a franchise comes up for sale.

They're protecting a lot more than Snyder.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
This is some surprising news... people are saying there are more things about to come out and this is why he's stepping down... before it comes out.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kicking a Game Winning Field Goal for the Jaguars is obviously suspicious.....

No way this is real.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Browns season seems to be slowly going down the drain. A loss tonight would go a long way in burying them. Baker needs surgery in the offseason(assuming he can make it that far). I'm curious how his injury will affect contract talks.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jon Gruden says the Truth will come out.... sounds like he is ready to take down the whole league for using him as a scape goat to cover up for Snyder.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/21/jon-gruden-to-hbo-the-truth-will-come-out/

I'm so tired of this issue already. I read congress wants to investigate the emails as well. As if this should even remotely be a priority for Congress. It's all about optics and getting re-elected. Meanwhile record jobs are available but no one is going back to work, inflation is getting out of control, the housing market is already out of control, supply chains failures on both coast, small businesses are effectively gone thanks to draconian COVID rules allowing the Walmarts to prosper, and we're facing a homeless crisis. But yeah let's investigate NFL emails that one moron sent to other morons that we all agree on already was dumb and wrong.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So essentially Congress has given the NFL until November 4th to turn everything over or they will be taken to court. I mean sure we can all agree on what Gruden said was bad and he was rightfully fired for it but over 650,000 emails and Gruden/Allen are the ones taking the fall while everyone else gets off? This could get interesting given how Gruden & Allen both had emails about Kaepernick and you wonder if others within the NFL felt the same way and the conspiracy to keep him out of the league perhaps.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Speaking of NFC East teams, I completely forgot that Darius Slay was on the Eagles. Impressive numbers below:

upload_2021-10-23_11-27-22.png

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
So essentially Congress has given the NFL until November 4th to turn everything over or they will be taken to court. I mean sure we can all agree on what Gruden said was bad and he was rightfully fired for it but over 650,000 emails and Gruden/Allen are the ones taking the fall while everyone else gets off? This could get interesting given how Gruden & Allen both had emails about Kaepernick and you wonder if others within the NFL felt the same way and the conspiracy to keep him out of the league perhaps.

What conspiracy? Kap made a decision that pissed off a lot of people. If you sign him you risk alienating a large percentage of your fan base. That's bad for business. The owners made a business decision.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What conspiracy? Kap made a decision that pissed off a lot of people. If you sign him you risk alienating a large percentage of your fan base. That's bad for business. The owners made a business decision.

i think you can quite clearly see that would not have been the case from his post NFL career - he's one of the most famous and marketable figures in the world despite not being that great of a QB

absolutely no way the owners can justify it from a business sense - kaep's literally had a 6 episode bio drama about his life made by an incredibly well regarded hollywood tv and film director...

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think you can quite clearly see that would not have been the case from his post NFL career - he's one of the most famous and marketable figures in the world despite not being that great of a QB

absolutely no way the owners can justify it from a business sense - kaep's literally had a 6 episode bio drama about his life made by an incredibly well regarded hollywood tv and film director...

I can see where’d you think that but it simply isn’t true. That is an agenda driven rather than objective perspective.

The issue, in the US, can be simplified even further along Democrat vs Republicans lines. Of course there are those who stray from their main stream party beliefs and examine things with an open mind, (I consider them centrist or the common sense folk, but that’s an argument for another time) but I’d be willing to bet the large majority of each political group does not stray from public perception each group has for Kaps actions. So with that being said nearly 75 million Americans voted Republican in the last election. You don’t think owners are afraid of loosing their business all because Kap got some endorsements from organizations the lean heavily Democratic/Progressive?

It would have been a huge hit to their bottom line if they had employed Kap in any capacity.