• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I can see where’d you think that but it simply isn’t true. That is an agenda driven rather than objective perspective.

The issue, in the US, can be simplified even further along Democrat vs Republicans lines. Of course there are those who stray from their main stream party beliefs and examine things with an open mind, (I consider them centrist or the common sense folk, but that’s an argument for another time) but I’d be willing to bet the large majority of each political group does not stray from public perception each group has for Kaps actions. So with that being said nearly 75 million Americans voted Republican in the last election. You don’t think owners are afraid of loosing their business all because Kap got some endorsements from organizations the lean heavily Democratic/Progressive?

It would have been a huge hit to their bottom line if they had employed Kap in any capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol it was proved after all the kneeling that those sorts of protests and characters had basically zero impact on right wing interest in the sport

and if anything kaepernick allows you to potentially grow your market into other groups who're less likely to be as interested in the sport...

because believe it or not, the republicans haven't won the popular vote since 1988... so tell me which market you'd rather be marketing towards in pure volume terms...

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
lol it was proved after all the kneeling that those sorts of protests and characters had basically zero impact on right wing interest in the sport

and if anything kaepernick allows you to potentially grow your market into other groups who're less likely to be as interested in the sport...

because believe it or not, the republicans haven't won the popular vote since 1988... so tell me which market you'd rather be marketing towards in pure volume terms...

I would love to see definitive research on that. Spoiler alert it doesn’t exist because it’s such a nuanced issue with a multitude of factors that go into viewership/ ratings. Whatever your reading is simply part of the debate and an opinion rather than fact. You can google multiple articles that will lean to whichever side you choose. The only ones that matter are the articles put out by financial institutions

Ratings plummeted in 2016/17… do i think it has to do with Kaps protest? Yep. I also believe that Kap was a factor but, not the cause.

I have no idea what the popular vote as to do with anything. Maybe if the numbers were further apart that argument helps but 75 million is nothing to scoff at. The difference in the vote is not significant enough make me choose a side as a business owner. I choose the same market the NFL did. Which is both markets by not alienating one or the other.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
You see, there's bad and then there's being down bad. There's also being down horrendous. THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE is DOWN CATACLYSMIC.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

YEAH BABY!!!

although disappointed that he doesnt get to takeover for a benched Hurts at some point...

So the other Ravens team traded for Flacco. Your exact reaction is what Bengals fans are prolly feeling after seeing this news. Those fans LOVED playing Flacco...........and those were the games I dreaded almost the most.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Packers won't have their Defensive Coordinator Thursday Night after he tested positive, now star WR Davante Adams has been put on the COVID 19 list.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
because wilson's down for 2-4 weeks

I know that, what I'm saying is he was already on the Jets and they let him leave instead of re-signing him. Could have re-signed him back in March, April, Training Camp, etc and they wouldn't have needed to trade for him.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Idk if anyone else shares my love for the Cardinals, but if it isnt us this year I would love to see them win it all. They are very similar to us and Lamar and Kyler (fairly) will probably be linked fora while. Plus small market wins are always fun

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Idk if anyone else shares my love for the Cardinals, but if it isnt us this year I would love to see them win it all. They are very similar to us and Lamar and Kyler (fairly) will probably be linked fora while. Plus small market wins are always fun

If not us I’m pulling for the Bengals or Bucs. Only pulling for the Bucs because it will be a good party here in Tampa

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
CBS says we should trade a 2nd round pick and a 5th in 2023 to acquire Allen Robinson on a one year rental.

I’m honestly fine with our current group of WR……Strange saying that as a Ravens fan. Maybe they struggle to separate at times , but the real problem is Lamar not getting the necessary time to throw. I also hate the idea of giving away a second rounder where we often find a lot of value

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
CBS says we should trade a 2nd round pick and a 5th in 2023 to acquire Allen Robinson on a one year rental.

I’m honestly fine with our current group of WR……Strange saying that as a Ravens fan. Maybe they struggle to separate at times , but the real problem is Lamar not getting the necessary time to throw. I also hate the idea of giving away a second rounder where we often find a lot of value

1. Agree. Not sure how another WR helps our defense to stop giving up 30+ points a week half the time they go out there. Also not sure how Robinson helps us run the ball better.
2. A half season rental of Robinson would cost us over $8M against the cap. We don't have anywhere near that space, nor do we have the ability to create that much space.

CBS needs to do a better job of being a journalist.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The more the NFL talks and says they won't release the emails, the more it seems they are hiding something BIG.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
More massage parlors in Miami I guess? Watson says he will only waive his no trade clause for Miami so Carolina is now out.

JO_75

Hall of Famer

He isn't going to let his team be the only team to take a hit while everyone else is being protected. I have a funny feeling this is going to be far from over and that whatever the NFL is trying to hide will come out eventually and set the NFL world on fire.