• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I wouldn’t be so quick to side with AB. He has been nothing but an ass pain for Arians this year. I’d guarantee much more has been going on that the organization kept in house. AB was lucky to even have a job with all his sexual assault allegations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Singular allegation, not plural, and allegations are just that, allegations, it was ALLEGED that he did this. Nothing has even come close to proof or being conviction worthy.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Reportedly AB was sitting out because he felt his ankle was not healthy and he wasn’t okay with playing, and he chose to sit out with an easily attainable million dollar bonus on the line, Arians told him on the sideline he’s gonna be cut if he doesn’t go back in.

if this is true, I’m with AB. Dude is a piece of shit but I think it’s deeper than that.

if that's true then sure that's really frustrating and AB's somewhat justified

but also it doesnt really pass the smell test - seems basically unheard of for a player to be forced to play when they're injured or they dont feel comfortable - and i feel like you'd have seen more players defending him if that was the case (and the NFLPA would be getting involved) - but only thing we've really heard from players is Brady talking about how they're going to support him in a way that goes beyond being teammates

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Singular allegation, not plural, and allegations are just that, allegations, it was ALLEGED that he did this. Nothing has even come close to proof or being conviction worthy.

You are incorrect. There were multiple instances alleged from the same girl that took place from 2017-2018. Hence the plural. Followed by second accuser in 2019. She was the painter .

Good luck finding proof of any of this considering the settlement with Taylor included confidentiality agreements.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Reportedly AB was sitting out because he felt his ankle was not healthy and he wasn’t okay with playing, and he chose to sit out with an easily attainable million dollar bonus on the line, Arians told him on the sideline he’s gonna be cut if he doesn’t go back in.

if this is true, I’m with AB. Dude is a piece of shit but I think it’s deeper than that.
Well, there's a couple of problems I have with this. Assuming that it's actually true...
1. Why is he suiting up to begin with, and why did he already play like 25 snaps before he decided he couldn't go out there anymore?
2. The biggest issue he has is the drama and scene he made just to leave the sidelines. If what he says is true, its an extremely easy grievance to file against the team. You simply leave the sidelines, head to the locker room (much in the way an injured player would), and let the dust settle afterwards. If the Bucs try to cut you and this plays out this way, literally everybody would be on AB's side, and he'd actually probably have a pretty easy grievance to file against the team.

Fast forward to reality, and he looks like a total douche at every level. He strips on the field, throws his uniform into the stands, jogs off the field (didn't appear to have much of an ankle injury while he's skipping around in the end zone waving at fans), and basically puts on an elaborate "I quit" show for the road crowd.

That's where he probably lost any grievance chance he had or any chance at all of salvaging what's left (if anything) of his career.

He's done.

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
Someone on FB is sharing a tweet that basically says the Bucs and Arians weren't letting AB play because he was about to hit a $300K incentive in his contract for catches LMAO

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Someone on FB is sharing a tweet that basically says the Bucs and Arians weren't letting AB play because he was about to hit a $300K incentive in his contract for catches LMAO

sounds like bullshit tbh - just didnt pass the smell test

and ive seen lots of reasons that go both ways - seen that one, also seen some say that they were telling AB to get in or be cut (with him saying he was too injured)

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
sounds like bullshit tbh - just didnt pass the smell test

and ive seen lots of reasons that go both ways - seen that one, also seen some say that they were telling AB to get in or be cut (with him saying he was too injured)
Oh I totally agree. I told the person that posted that I’m calling bullshit right now

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Maybe putting a team in Vegas was a bad idea..... Raiders Rookie CB Nate Hobbs arrested for a DUI, allegedly passed out in his car. Police received a call around 4:00am after witnesses saw him asleep at the wheel on a parking lot exit ramp.

Our sources say officers made contact with the football player ... and eventually arrested him after they claim he did not do well in field sobriety tests.

Jail records show the 22-year-old was booked into the Clark County Detention Center at 6:38 AM.

A jail official tells us Hobbs was booked on one count of misdemeanor DUI and is currently in the process of being released from custody. The jail official added that Hobbs has a court date set for May.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/03/raiders-nate-hobbs-arrested-dui/

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Maybe putting a team in Vegas was a bad idea..... Raiders Rookie CB Nate Hobbs arrested for a DUI, allegedly passed out in his car. Police received a call around 4:00am after witnesses saw him asleep at the wheel on a parking lot exit ramp.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/01/03/raiders-nate-hobbs-arrested-dui/

The NHL has been able to figure it out with the Knights. Raiders are desperate for some leadership.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
On February 2nd, 2022, The Washington Football Team will reveal their new name. They posted a sneak preview of the jersey and helmets on Instagram.

The Final 6 Choices for the New Name are Armada, Presidents, Brigade, Redhawks, Commanders, and Defenders.

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member

there's absolutely no reason that anyone should entrust their kids (let alone their organisation) to this imbecilic liability of an utter clown of a human being

either he doesnt have the institutional or organisational control and is clueless (which is basically what he's suggesting)

or he's a liar (which we know he is from previous history of other awful shit) and is a horrible person who should never be put in a position of power again and anyone who puts him into that kind of role should be held accountable for his actions too

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

there's absolutely no reason that anyone should entrust their kids (let alone their organisation) to this imbecilic liability of an utter clown of a human being

either he doesnt have the institutional or organisational control and is clueless (which is basically what he's suggesting)

or he's a liar (which we know he is from previous history of other awful shit) and is a horrible person who should never be put in a position of power again and anyone who puts him into that kind of role should be held accountable for his actions too

Regarding football only, I thought Joe Judge was gonna win the "Biggest Cap of the Year" with his comments. Urban is EASILY winning this "award."

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Regarding football only, I thought Joe Judge was gonna win the "Biggest Cap of the Year" with his comments. Urban is EASILY winning this "award."

after Dan Campbell's introductory presser i was sure he was gonna be the worst coach in football this year - but after a bit of a rocky start he's found his feet and has been one of the better things about detroit this year - still needs to improve obviously and i think he needs to be philosophically more flexible but he's clearly creating a culture that players want to invest in and based in mutual respect and compassion

and i naively thought that would be something all NFL HC's would inherently have to have but as this year's shown that's not the case at all

it's wild that some of these guys got hired over someone like Jim Caldwell who exudes class and every franchise that's fired him has almost immediately regretted it

JO_75

Hall of Famer
NFL is looking into other locations for the Super Bowl if California wouldn't permit them to host the Super Bowl due to COVID.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
NFL is looking into other locations for the Super Bowl if California wouldn't permit them to host the Super Bowl due to COVID.

To bad we don’t have a Dome. Would be a nice influx of cash for the local area if we could host a Super Bowl. The stadium needs some love, even after the 2019 upgrades. It’s hard to rank the bank very high on the list of NFL stadiums these days

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
To bad we don’t have a Dome. Would be a nice influx of cash for the local area if we could host a Super Bowl. The stadium needs some love, even after the 2019 upgrades. It’s hard to rank the bank very high on the list of NFL stadiums these days

The bank is one of the best non-modern stadiums in the league. Just because it’s not loaded down with restaurants, night clubs, swimming pools and movie theaters doesn’t mean it’s not a great stadium. It’s very well maintained, constantly updated and upgraded, and the game day presentation is second to none.

like straight up, nobody does more with less than Steve bisciotti, the gameday product he produces for the fans without having a mega stadium like Vegas/Dallas/LA is insane.

I’d imagine the comparable gameday products would be heinz and lambeau fields. The bank is well known for being an awesome place to tailgate and watch football, among the leagues best.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bucs officially release Antonio Brown. AB released a statement trying to blame the Bucs for what happened and they let him down.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
On February 2nd, 2022, The Washington Football Team will reveal their new name. They posted a sneak preview of the jersey and helmets on Instagram.

The Final 6 Choices for the New Name are Armada, Presidents, Brigade, Redhawks, Commanders, and Defenders.

Those names disgust me. How much more generic could they be? Seriously this is the nfl, if you’re gonna go generic then go traditional like panthers/lions/bears/eagles. Not this madden create a team shit.