• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Titans are exploring the idea of a new Stadium in Nashville after the price tag for renovations to Nissan Stadium would be double what they expected.

I can see them having a dome given Nashville's rise as a tourist attraction.

https://www.axios.com/local/nashville/2022/02/17/tennessee-titans-new-stadium
That’s pretty cool not gonna lie. A rival getting a new, likely mega arena, is gonna be spicy in a rivalry where the road team always wins in the playoff matchups.

and the more this happens, the more I like the ravens going for the classic franchise feel. Keeping the old and iconic stadium in great shape, almost original uni’s that are classic, clean, and unique. Might hit up Nashville for a playoff game when that inevitable game occurs

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not much worse than seeing Brian Flores go to a division rival. The blueprint has been laid by him and the Steelers already have our offenses number. If Lamar and Roman don’t learn how to zig while they zag, then we’re gonna see the ugliest of games twice a year, then there’s gonna be lots of film out there for other teams.

could not have gone to a worse place for us lol

it was his defence that ruined our season haha - and obviously some of it was down to a piss poor OL showing, and also Lamar's worst game probably since he was a rookie (in terms of poise and decision-making) - but he took the blueprint the bengals and steelers have for our offence and souped-up the hell out of it

the only consolation has to be that it took a pretty crazy defensive secondary to do that to us...

on the plus side - the steelers have 3 starters in their secondary due to hit free agency

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not much worse than seeing Brian Flores go to a division rival. The blueprint has been laid by him and the Steelers already have our offenses number. If Lamar and Roman don’t learn how to zig while they zag, then we’re gonna see the ugliest of games twice a year, then there’s gonna be lots of film out there for other teams.

I would have really liked Flores here

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Meh I guess I don’t care if he leaves.
I'm conflicted.
On the one hand, if it weren't clear to everybody already, I think it's pretty obvious that the Packers franchise is realizing that Jordon Love ain't "it". As in, you move on from Rodgers, you probably still need to get another QB. Which means it makes no sense to get rid of an MVP player.

That being said... I'm honestly not really that sure what GB is planning to do this year that's going to make their roster better. If they couldn't make the SB last year, I'm not sure what's going to change. I guess Tampa not likely to be a threat unless they get like Watson. But I foresee the Packers making some significant roster cuts to clear space to keep the likes of Rodgers and Adams, and I struggle to see how they'll be a lot better next year.

Kind of does feel like this thing has run its course. Feels like the Packers are stuck in this rut of "we're good, we'll win our division, possibly even get homefield, but we seem like dead money in the playoffs". Basically same place they've been in for 3-4 years now.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Kind of does feel like this thing has run its course. Feels like the Packers are stuck in this rut of "we're good, we'll win our division, possibly even get homefield, but we seem like dead money in the playoffs". Basically same place they've been in for 3-4 years now.

That doesn’t seem like an awful place to be. They clearly have the talent to make a run, just need a few plays to break differently. I’d rather be in their current competitive posture then say the Bears or Lions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
That doesn’t seem like an awful place to be. They clearly have the talent to make a run, just need a few plays to break differently. I’d rather be in their current competitive posture then say the Bears or Lions.

Right, but I guess my point was, if you're the FO, and you're about to commit more money to Rodgers and Adams, what are you getting for it? A team that's the best team in the North, sure. A SB contender? I'm not sure.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Right, but I guess my point was, if you're the FO, and you're about to commit more money to Rodgers and Adams, what are you getting for it? A team that's the best team in the North, sure. A SB contender? I'm not sure.
Well, I look at the rest of the NFC.

-East: Cowboys. Is DAL that much better? I don't think so.
-South: depending on what the Bucs and Saints do at QB, it could be similar to the 2014 season regarding that division.
-West: Rams are still in the convo. 49ers and Seahawks are big ass question marks. Cardinals will be in the mix, but I can't call them SB contenders yet.

Just because of the uncertainty of the NFC, I say by default the Pack are SB contenders should they retain Rodgers and Adams.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well, I look at the rest of the NFC.

-East: Cowboys. Is DAL that much better? I don't think so.
-South: depending on what the Bucs and Saints do at QB, it could be similar to the 2014 season regarding that division.
-West: Rams are still in the convo. 49ers and Seahawks are big ass question marks. Cardinals will be in the mix, but I can't call them SB contenders yet.

Just because of the uncertainty of the NFC, I say by default the Pack are SB contenders should they retain Rodgers and Adams.
I mean maybe, but the only difference between this past season and next season is the Bucs MAY take a step back, if they can't find a veteran QB they like. If we're being honest with ourselves, even putting Jimmy G on the Bucs puts them at least in-tow with GB.

For GB, its pretty simple... what are you going to do this offseason that's going to finally get you to beat better teams in the playoffs? How are you getting ahead of San Fran, Rams, etc.?

For me, they're kind of in the grouping with like Buffalo or Tennessee. Great shot to win their division due to the lack of talent from other teams in your division, but when it gets to nut-cutting time, does that really matter?

Normally I'd be on the side that says "stay relevant". But this offseason is going to mostly be about GB getting rid of some decent players, just so they can afford to pay guys already on their roster more money. That's typically not a great recipe for "making the team better". And Green Bay is probably literally one of the like 2-3 teams in the league where anything short of a SB appearance is considered a "disappointment" for them.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

It really is head scratching the way the Pack seems to continually drop the ball in the playoffs

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
yep, definitely going to have to figure that out, but it will help having the Dolphins LB coach on staff. Lets also hope for a much improved OL and RB room next season.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

ali marpet retiring at 28 yrs old...
wow

1645993839873.png

fair play to him

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Speaking of Arizona.... enjoy lack of playoff success and second half collaspes through 2027.

Arizona Cardinals
@AZCardinals

We have reached agreements on contract extensions with GM Steve Keim and Head Coach Kliff Kingsbury. Each is now under contract with the team through the 2027 season.