• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

rossihunter2

Staff Member

if he does he's gonna want to find any way possible to get away from the bucs lol

JO_75

Hall of Famer
if he does he's gonna want to find any way possible to get away from the bucs lol

He's still under contract with them for this year and Bruce has already said if Brady came back he would be playing for the Bucs. So that's no indication of trading him or releasing him. I know the media links him to San Fran but would San Fran really sign Brady after giving up what they did for Trey Lance?

JO_75

Hall of Famer
4 year, $200M with $153M guaranteed for Rodgers but some are saying that's not accurate. Packers place Franchise Tag on Adams now... so what happens to Jordan Love?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The QB Carosuel is spinning and under way in 2022... the next domino has fallen. Carson Wentz returns to the NFC East, this time as a Commander.

chris ballard already deserves exec of the year votes for 2022 for not only getting a team to take on wentz's full salary but also to give them draft picks for him lol...

but who's gonna be the colts QB in 2022 because i cannot imagine they think the answer is sam ehlinger...

who are they gonna go after? jimmy g?
free agency looks like it's going to be a fight for jameis winston, teddy bridgewater and then the rest is leftovers... not sure the colts would see any of those as potential upgrades on wentz and if there's demand for those guys then idk that they'll be massively cheaper than wentz either (not that the colts are tough against the cap anyway)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Full Trade Details between Colts & Washington:

Colts get:
2022 second-round pick
2022 third-round pick
2023 third-round pick that can become a second if Carson Wentz plays 70 percent of plays.

Commanders get:
QB Carson Wentz
2022 second-round pick

chris ballard already deserves exec of the year votes for 2022 for not only getting a team to take on wentz's full salary but also to give them draft picks for him lol...

but who's gonna be the colts QB in 2022 because i cannot imagine they think the answer is sam ehlinger...

who are they gonna go after? jimmy g?
free agency looks like it's going to be a fight for jameis winston, teddy bridgewater and then the rest is leftovers... not sure the colts would see any of those as potential upgrades on wentz and if there's demand for those guys then idk that they'll be massively cheaper than wentz either (not that the colts are tough against the cap anyway)

I'm assuming they have to be in the running for Jimmy G now, otherwise the market is thin as you said. Colts don't have a first round pick so they can't get a QB in the Draft this year, shame they may be wasting away that defense and Jonathan Taylor's prime because they can't get the QB situation right.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Full Trade Details between Colts & Washington:

Colts get:
2022 second-round pick
2022 third-round pick
2023 third-round pick that can become a second if Carson Wentz plays 70 percent of plays.

Commanders get:
QB Carson Wentz
2022 second-round pick

I'm assuming they have to be in the running for Jimmy G now, otherwise the market is thin as you said. Colts don't have a first round pick so they can't get a QB in the Draft this year, shame they may be wasting away that defense and Jonathan Taylor's prime because they can't get the QB situation right.

with brady's retirement and a down year for QBs in the draft it's hard to work out where the QB-less teams are going to find QBs...

what are the bucs, colts, steelers, seahawks, saints, panthers gonna do at QB?

and this doesnt even include the texans and lions who dont have QB solutions right now but might be kicking the can down the road to next year... likewise the giants

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
with brady's retirement and a down year for QBs in the draft it's hard to work out where the QB-less teams are going to find QBs...

what are the bucs, colts, steelers, seahawks, saints, panthers gonna do at QB?

and this doesnt even include the texans and lions who dont have QB solutions right now but might be kicking the can down the road to next year... likewise the giants
Chances are, someone gives us day 2 pick for Huntley.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
1646880492709.png

This is a snippet from a private Discord I'm part of. I redacted the name cuz of privacy, but the guy who posted it is a Steelers fan so of course, he'd be more in tune with the current events of the Steelers than we are.

Please be false.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
View attachment 3182
This is a snippet from a private Discord I'm part of. I redacted the name cuz of privacy, but the guy who posted it is a Steelers fan so of course, he'd be more in tune with the current events of the Steelers than we are.

Please be false.

Saw this too.... Jimmy G willing to waive his no trade clause for Steelers, Colts & Saints. He just like Russell Wilson wouldn't waive it for Washington. I like Jimmy, please don't go to Pittsburgh. I think Jimmy ultimately goes to Indy with Winston going to Pittsburgh or New Orleans.

Lmao send Jimmy to the Steelers. I would love that. Dude is nothing more than average at best imo.

Being in Cali I love clowning the 49er fans when he inevitably fucks it up lol

I think Pittsburgh goes after Watson, especially since the Flores hiring. Hope I’m wrong on this though