• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

Nurps

Ravens Ring of Honor
How tf do you get hit by a dump truck? Why was he walking on a highway? So many questions. Good grief. So sad.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Every update is now confirming the story. How do you not call AAA or whoever he had and ask them to come tow him to a nearest gas station. Something is not adding up....

Also someone went out onto 595 where he was hit. Where was he was trying to walk to? He's not near an exit sign.. this is strange.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
The decline of Schefter in the last year is quite notable.

Well a couple of these are kind of strange takes and really are just a product of the unemployed twitter verse playing their moral superiority card again...
1. How did he miss on the Brady retirement? Like the dude actually retired. What, because Schefter was a week or two earlier than Brady was makes it that he somehow got it wrong?
2. From a legal perspective, Watson was deemed innocent. That can't be debated at all. People just applied their own arbitrary context to it to make it seem like innocence = he never did anything wrong, which is not what innocence is, from either a legal or moral standpoint.
3. I have zero issue with anything he said about Haskins. He was factual through all of it, which is priority #1 as a reporter. If he had posted the tweet Cardale Jones asked him to tweet, then nobody would have known who the fuck Haskins was, because that same tweet can be said about many, many, many people on this planet. Nobody knew Haskins as a "devoted husband and father".
The reason Haskins gets tweeted about by prominent people with substantially following is because he was a pro athlete who had the accolades and struggles that he dealt with. Otherwise, his death would have been as anonymous as anybody on here (including myself) dying, which is to say a few dozen people would know and nobody else would know or care.

Did he have to phrase it like that? Nope. Was the unemployed moral mob more upset over his tweet than the actual death of the player themselves? Yup.

And now we know why people are the way they are. Check the mirror. It says a lot about people when the reaction to the reaction to the death is more important than the death itself. So much for "good character" there...

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
correct me if im wrong
pretty sure courts dont deliver "innocent" verdicts
Nope, they don't.
But innocent until proven guilty is a legal standard...and guilty until proven innocent isn't a legal standard.

I don't think a lot of people understand that concept.