• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Civil lawsuit though? Obviously, she deserves to be heard. But I wonder why a civil lawsuit compared to a criminal one if a felony was committed. And I say felony because I don't know where anywhere in the States where rape is NOT a felony, but I could be wrong.

If you read the article you can see that law enforcement and the university have not gone about this in the best way - there’s still an ongoing criminal investigation (hence no criminal charges... yet)

And with regard to felonies etc - not only is this an accusation of rape... it’s rape of a minor

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Yep he's done for, this transcript is disgusting. He punted himself right out of the league, he did travel with the team to Carolina for the game tomorrow night so have to see if this changes anything.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yep he's done for, this transcript is disgusting. He punted himself right out of the league, he did travel with the team to Carolina for the game tomorrow night so have to see if this changes anything.

Interesting to note that the league basically can't touch him. Personal Conduct policy doesn't extend beyond when a player was an NFL member.
So if he's going to be suspended or cut, it'll have to be Buffalo's choice. And theoretically, another team could sign him. They wouldn't, of course, but theoretically.

Interesting to note that the league basically can't touch him. Personal Conduct policy doesn't extend beyond when a player was an NFL member.
So if he's going to be suspended or cut, it'll have to be Buffalo's choice. And theoretically, another team could sign him. They wouldn't, of course, but theoretically.
Would be really interesting if he was a star QB

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Civil lawsuit though? Obviously, she deserves to be heard. But I wonder why a civil lawsuit compared to a criminal one if a felony was committed. And I say felony because I don't know where anywhere in the States where rape is NOT a felony, but I could be wrong.
it's a felony in every state and yes, that is interesting that it is a civil lawsuit.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

Really tough read, especially as a dad of two young girls.... Unfortunately ladies need to be on guard at all times and stay with their friends. Shouldn't be that way but the world is filled with shitty people.

This bullshit is also why my daughters will carry a Sig 365 when their older.

Last edited:

cobrajet

Hall of Famer

Sickening! The Bills need to cut this child rapist!

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sickening! The Bills need to cut this child rapist!
Rapist yes. Child rapist I can't get there. None of her actions indicate she was a child. A teenager trying to act like an adult in an adult situation, yes.

The two things I struggle with are:
1. I didn't really like the part where they send "he should have known she was underage". How is that? Because she said she was in high school? No shortage of 18 year old high schoolers out there. I'd certainly be more careful if I were him (though that doesn't seem to be his MO), but that part just seems to be oddly intentional.
Also just one of my pet peeves of "hey this 17 year old is so innocent and sweet", but the 18 year old is somehow fully capable of being an adult, make own decisions, etc. We could be talking like a one month difference in age, and we treat them in totally different categories, based entirely on essentially an arbitrary number.
2. I would think there's some sort of charge coming for having sex with somebody, regardless of rape or consensual, and not disclosing you have an STD. Pretty sure you can't bang a chick, even with protection, wait until the next day, and say "o by the way I have the Clap". Pretty sure that's illegal pretty much everywhere. I'm guessing its a misdemeanor, but I would think that alone, which he confessed to, would warrant criminal charges.

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Rapist yes. Child rapist I can't get there. None of her actions indicate she was a child. A teenager trying to act like an adult in an adult situation, yes.

The two things I struggle with are:
1. I didn't really like the part where they send "he should have known she was underage". How is that? Because she said she was in high school? No shortage of 18 year old high schoolers out there. I'd certainly be more careful if I were him (though that doesn't seem to be his MO), but that part just seems to be oddly intentional.
Also just one of my pet peeves of "hey this 17 year old is so innocent and sweet", but the 18 year old is somehow fully capable of being an adult, make own decisions, etc. We could be talking like a one month difference in age, and we treat them in totally different categories, based entirely on essentially an arbitrary number.
2. I would think there's some sort of charge coming for having sex with somebody, regardless of rape or consensual, and not disclosing you have an STD. Pretty sure you can't bang a chick, even with protection, wait until the next day, and say "o by the way I have the Clap". Pretty sure that's illegal pretty much everywhere. I'm guessing its a misdemeanor, but I would think that alone, which he confessed to, would warrant criminal charges.
I disagree, IMO, he is a scumbag child rapist. Fuck him!

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Should probably put Ronnie in bubble wrap just to be safe.

Is seems to me that there are more key player injuries in the 3 preseason games with mostly backups playing, than in 3 regular season games, when all the starters are playing. This just doesn’t make sense to me.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Is seems to me that there are more key player injuries in the 3 preseason games with mostly backups playing, than in 3 regular season games, when all the starters are playing. This just doesn’t make sense to me.

it makes a fair amount of sense tbf - that's why most teams never played their starters in preseason week 4 in the past - all these backups/depth roster guys are playing for their careers and livelihoods and for a large proportion of them, this will be the only chance they get - that's when guys can play reckless and that's when injuries can happen

but in terms of non-contact injuries, there's no reason they should be more or less likely in preseason than in games

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
The movement away from old school strength training is back firing in my opinion. People have developed an irrational fear that linear strength training will limit your mobility. It’s like all things , you just need a balance. If you spend two hours lifting weights you should spend a minimum 1 Hour with your preferred method of stretching(mine would be yoga).

I’m a big fan of HITT or CrossFit or loaded movements training style workouts but It’s a detriment to big boys in the trenches if that’s the focus, which so many seems to be in favor of.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Bills have moved on from the Punt God, he has been released. Also love the jab taken at the Browns in their statement.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
What the hell is going on....

I mean it is DC, place has gone to absolute shit with the current local leadership.

Last edited:

JO_75

Hall of Famer
What the hell is going on....

Simple.... blue states and cities have become the worst in America. It wouldn't surprise me if the teens who did this have already been released back on the streets.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
So if Trey Lance isn't winning games.... the call for Jimmy G to start again will become a thing. Very surprised the 49ers included a no trade clause, I know Jimmy G could waive his clause if a contending team loses their starting QB due to injury but this basically means they end up getting nothing back for him and he walks as a FA in 2023.