• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
They are doubling down on their bad decision to sign Watson to quarterback their team. That organization will deserve every nasty chant yelled their way all season.
Nothing they can do at this point but double down. Such a terrible decision. I get it, he is a top 10 QB and still in his prime, but its just not worth the drama. I still think they would have been a playoff team with a healthy Baker

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Nothing they can do at this point but double down. Such a terrible decision. I get it, he is a top 10 QB and still in his prime, but its just not worth the drama. I still think they would have been a playoff team with a healthy Baker
I agree! I still think Watson is going to be a distraction. Him sitting for 11 games, is going to be a challenge. I believe he already has rust from his previous long term absence.

Now that Baker is healthy, I believe the Browns made a huge mistake.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Goodell: Fans seem upset we only gave Watson a 11 game suspension. What do we do now?
NFL Lawyer: Jon Gruden's emails?
Goodell: Perfect distraction.

At this point, Gruden's emails being released seem to be a cover up for something else. First time was to cover up all the disgusting things Dan Snyder was doing and now to distract from Watson's slap on the wrist suspension.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Goodell: Fans seem upset we only gave Watson a 11 game suspension. What do we do now?

At this point, Gruden's emails being released seem to be a cover up for something else. First time was to cover up all the disgusting things Dan Snyder was doing and now to distract from Watson's slap on the wrist suspension.

I mean... the problem is I think you're in the minority with people thinking it was a "slap of the wrist" suspension. Most people are already over the whole process entirely, because it took so long. Like I said they would. They simply found whatever tomorrow's topic for outrage is.

It's the general public. They have the attention span of a 2 year old. Just let them throw their tantrum, tire out, put them down for a nap, and move on with life. It's pretty simple.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor

Don't quote me but I believe Watson playing for 6 games accrues a full season which may hurt the Browns capwise next year. The NFL could be royally fucking them on that guaranteed contract.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Don't quote me but I believe Watson playing for 6 games accrues a full season which may hurt the Browns capwise next year. The NFL could be royally fucking them on that guaranteed contract.
Tentatively yes, but it doesn't matter. There is no scenario where he plays 2023 under a $55M cap hit. He has $46M base salaries each year from 23-26. For at least 2023 and probably 2024, they will take a good chunk of that, convert it to a bonus, and prorate.
My bet would be that his 2023 cap hit will be somewhere in the neighborhood of $25M. They could probably go a little higher if they want to, but I would bet it's less than $35M.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I am still surprised by this. He must be looking for a huge contract. I don’t believe it is because of his stance on player safety at all.
Wanted to go out on his terms while semi healthy maybe? He seems like a fairly intelligent guy, I'm sure he'll land another gig if he has not already

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
So much for The Punt God.... get him out of the league if this is true.

Civil lawsuit though? Obviously, she deserves to be heard. But I wonder why a civil lawsuit compared to a criminal one if a felony was committed. And I say felony because I don't know where anywhere in the States where rape is NOT a felony, but I could be wrong.