• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

rossihunter2

Staff Member
So if Trey Lance isn't winning games.... the call for Jimmy G to start again will become a thing. Very surprised the 49ers included a no trade clause, I know Jimmy G could waive his clause if a contending team loses their starting QB due to injury but this basically means they end up getting nothing back for him and he walks as a FA in 2023.

i imagine the no-trade clause was a concession forced by Jimmy G in return for lowering his cap hit - so that he retains some say in where he goes

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
So if Trey Lance isn't winning games.... the call for Jimmy G to start again will become a thing. Very surprised the 49ers included a no trade clause, I know Jimmy G could waive his clause if a contending team loses their starting QB due to injury but this basically means they end up getting nothing back for him and he walks as a FA in 2023.

only thing they would get is a 3rd round comp pick, assuming they lose more players than they sign.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
many of us liked Jordan Davis in the draft. Here are all of his snaps this week vs the Lions.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
many of us liked Jordan Davis in the draft. Here are all of his snaps this week vs the Lions.

the freaky traits show up - doesnt seem to have improved his technique much in either phase yet since Georgia - if he can lower his pad level more consistently and use his hands to press and stack better he's going to dominate - still disruptive but not the dominant playmaker he can become - using his hands will help him develop as a rusher too... not much there yet in pass rush terms

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
the freaky traits show up - doesnt seem to have improved his technique much in either phase yet since Georgia - if he can lower his pad level more consistently and use his hands to press and stack better he's going to dominate - still disruptive but not the dominant playmaker he can become - using his hands will help him develop as a rusher too... not much there yet in pass rush terms
yes, noticed him pushed around more than I would have liked and even on the ground. Think Jones has the ability to be better in the passing game, atleast early on.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
yes, noticed him pushed around more than I would have liked and even on the ground. Think Jones has the ability to be better in the passing game, atleast early on.

i think jones has been better in the passing game the whole way - and most likely still is - it's ridiculous that jordan davis was taken 13th but travis jones at 76 (not that davis at 13 is crazy, just that there shouldnt have been 63 players taken in between them)

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
As if starting 0-2 wasn't bad enough. The Titans lose LT Taylor Lewan for the season.

What a fall from last year. Derrick Henry is just not the same and losing the caliber of play as Lewan is a blow. Colts got crushed by the Jags 24-0. AFC South is the worst division so far.

Last edited: