• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Around the NFL: News and Rumors

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Let's not forget, we didn't REALLY want Ray Lewis lol

We never wanted Ed Reed either. Ozzie and co had other players rated higher than Reed coming out of college and everyone they wanted was gone before we picked. Luckily that turned out for the good and we had nabbed 2 HOF players from guys we DIDN'T want.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
We never wanted Ed Reed either. Ozzie and co had other players rated higher than Reed coming out of college and everyone they wanted was gone before we picked. Luckily that turned out for the good and we had nabbed 2 HOF players from guys we DIDN'T want.

It's amazing really. According to multiple sources, they were so downbeat when they took reed..a guy with 21 career interceptions and the leader of one of the greatest college teams of all time. A guy that had athletic ability and freakish instincts at college.

but matt elam made them wet their pants?

really?...

whichever scouts vouched for matt elam better not be on our team anymore.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
It's official, the NFL is bringing some fun back into the No Fun League. Roger Goodell has announced new changes to celebration rules that will make fans and players happy.

In a letter to players, Goodell wrote that previously penalized celebrations, including making snow angels, using the ball as a prop and engaging in group demonstrations, will now be legal.

“Today, we are excited to tell you about another change that comes after conversations with more than 80 current and former players: we are relaxing our rules on celebrations to allow players more room to have fun after they make big plays,” Goodell wrote. “We know that you love the spontaneous displays of emotion that come after a spectacular touchdown. And players have told us they want more freedom to be able to express themselves and celebrate their athletic achievements.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-can-make-snow-angels-use-the-ball-as-a-prop/

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I use to look forward to what Steve Smith, TO, Moss, and Chad Johnson would do when they got into the endzone....that was fun

K-Dog

MVP
As long as the celebrations are not long and dragged out.
I would rather watch football.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
As long as the celebrations are not long and dragged out.
I would rather watch football.

oh come ON lol you are telling me you did not enjoy TO doing Rays dance?

K-Dog

MVP
oh come ON lol you are telling me you did not enjoy TO doing Rays dance?
Long and dragged out.

That was not long and dragged out.

Back in the 80's for a while they would all line up and do this big choreographed dance. It was beyond stupid. I am talking about that sort of thing.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The Browns hire former Colts GM Ryan Grigson as Senior Personnel Executive...............

:lol:

I bet his first response was "You all wasted a number one pick on a defensive player? Who needs defense when you can just draft receivers. Also can I trade Joe Thomas because we don't need a offensive line either."

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
The Browns hire former Colts GM Ryan Grigson as Senior Personnel Executive...............

:lol:

I bet his first response was "You all wasted a number one pick on a defensive player? Who needs defense when you can just draft receivers. Also can I trade Joe Thomas because we don't need a offensive line either."

Oh the Browns................

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Former RB Brandon Jacobs is on a tirade against former Head Coach and current Michigan HC Jim Harbaugh. He vows to get Michigan to fire him and that he will expose him. Apparently Jacobs first started by saying Jim didn't know what he was doing but remember Jacobs only played for the 49ers one season in 2012. Sounds like a bitter player to me, and I have a feeling Harbaugh will end up back in the NFL one day no matter what Jacobs says.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/28/brandon-jacobs-vows-to-get-jim-harbaugh-fired/
[doublepost=1495999680,1495998625][/doublepost]Good Bye to the 75 Man Roster Cut Deadline. New Report from PFT says Owners have voted to abolish the 75 man roster cut deadline. Meaning teams will go from 90 to 53 after the fourth preseason game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/23/report-owners-vote-to-abolish-75-man-roster-cuts/

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Former RB Brandon Jacobs is on a tirade against former Head Coach and current Michigan HC Jim Harbaugh. He vows to get Michigan to fire him and that he will expose him. Apparently Jacobs first started by saying Jim didn't know what he was doing but remember Jacobs only played for the 49ers one season in 2012. Sounds like a bitter player to me, and I have a feeling Harbaugh will end up back in the NFL one day no matter what Jacobs says.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/28/brandon-jacobs-vows-to-get-jim-harbaugh-fired/
[doublepost=1495999680,1495998625][/doublepost]Good Bye to the 75 Man Roster Cut Deadline. New Report from PFT says Owners have voted to abolish the 75 man roster cut deadline. Meaning teams will go from 90 to 53 after the fourth preseason game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/23/report-owners-vote-to-abolish-75-man-roster-cuts/

For the amount of money his alma matter pays him? Why would he go back. This is literally his dream job?

mc_red23

Pro Bowler
Jeremy Maclin has been released by the Chiefs. What's his situation regarding injuries, current ability etc? Could it be somebody we attempt to bring on or is he too pricey?

There's a ton of Ravens on Twitter demanding we sign him:lol:

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Jeremy Maclin has been released by the Chiefs. What's his situation regarding injuries, current ability etc? Could it be somebody we attempt to bring on or is he too pricey?

There's a ton of Ravens on Twitter demanding we sign him:lol:
If he's not hurt, he might be someone to look into.