• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The General Offensive Line Thread

The Raven

Veteran
Curiously enough, some medias are starting to name Matt Skura a favourite for the starting C position.
I never really watched his tape or cared too much about him, does anyone have some informations about him, his play, how he could surpass Jensen and Urschel?
Where've you seen that? Interested to see who.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Where've you seen that? Interested to see who.
The latest was on Baltimore Beatdown (who I think have immensely improved in their articles recently) in the training camp battle stuff. Before that, I can't really remember but maybe in BR or the Sun.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
My honest opinion. With Jensen returning to his 2015 size and form. Nobody is beating him out for that job. In 2015 he was strong and nasty. And unusually athletic for a 330lb guard. He handled athletic penetrators, big nose tackles as well as big long athletic lineman. And he looked good doing it. Last year he was barely 300 lbs and it hurt his strength and technique. But he wasn't to bad for being undersized. Over last 4 games he was the best graded guard in the NFL. Jensen is back to 325lbs and in his best shape ever. Jensen is going to surprise.

The Raven

Veteran
My honest opinion. With Jensen returning to his 2015 size and form. Nobody is beating him out for that job. In 2015 he was strong and nasty. And unusually athletic for a 330lb guard. He handled athletic penetrators, big nose tackles as well as big long athletic lineman. And he looked good doing it. Last year he was barely 300 lbs and it hurt his strength and technique. But he wasn't to bad for being undersized. Over last 4 games he was the best graded guard in the NFL. Jensen is back to 325lbs and in his best shape ever. Jensen is going to surprise.
We heard you the first, second, and third times. Is that post perpetually copied to your clipboard?

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Is the bolded part referring to last season or the year before?

We don't have enough quick twitch alpha males to warrant that thread.

Maybe if we drafted Robert nkemdiche he could pair with Willie Henry to make enough quick twitch alpha males

Provided Robert Nkemdiche stays at his 2015 form at 296 lean pounds. He was explosive and powerful and explosive with unusual athleticism for a man his size. He exploded through 350lb tackles and burned them on the edge with explosive explosion. Long big with girth with explosive athletic athleticism. Last year he was 304.2lb and the extra 8.2lb sapped his strength. He looked slow and weak and also slow. This year Robert is 295.6lb and is at his best bodyweight ever, he will shock the universe after losing fat and gaining 10.2lb of lean muscle mass on his muscles.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
We heard you the first, second, and third times. Is that post perpetually copied to your clipboard?

Ok then write it down. Skura isn't winning the center position. Urschel maybe. I dunno what inspired that Article but he seriously reached on his potential. Unless somebody shows up to training camp looking nothing like the Skura everybody knows. Then forget about it. As for Henry yes a phenomenal athlete but not a football player by a long shot yet. And it would be cool outcome if the athlete became a football player. But it isn't all that likely and I said that from the jump.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Provided Robert Nkemdiche stays at his 2015 form at 296 lean pounds. He was explosive and powerful and explosive with unusual athleticism for a man his size. He exploded through 350lb tackles and burned them on the edge with explosive explosion. Long big with girth with explosive athletic athleticism. Last year he was 304.2lb and the extra 8.2lb sapped his strength. He looked slow and weak and also slow. This year Robert is 295.6lb and is at his best bodyweight ever, he will shock the universe after losing fat and gaining 10.2lb of lean muscle mass on his muscles.

Every person not only athletes should think like that!! The reason doesn't need to be discussed.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
2015 season
The middle two weeks of that span were his best. The four games begun with a -5.2 against the Seahawks, the worst mark in the league of the week at the position, and the third straight negative grade after the game. He followed it up with two terrific games against Kansas City and Pittsburgh, with a combined +11.4, our highest graded player in each game. It somewhat leveled off against Cincinnati, where he gave up a sack, a hit (Should've been a sack) and a hurry, but it wasn't a bad game overall. Slightly more uneven in comparison against Geno Atkins, whom he saw roughly a dozen or two times if we're not counting pass offs, but that's to be expected. Bit of a wild ride of a half-season for Jensen.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Close
But too much punctuation

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
all this lean muscle mass talk is boring the shit out of me. Yanda sure as hell aint got the physique a lot of these guys sledge hammer worships has..
I woudn't call vince wilfork a muscle machine, was fat all over. Plenty of guys out there who aren't head n shoulders above the rest ( with quick twitch blah blah muscle etc) and yet are among the best in their position.

an overrated aspect of football. there i said it..

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I can't hate on Wilfork's athleticism. Blubber Lang has a mean step-back jay. Toes behind the line too. #GOAT

giphy.gif

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
Close
But too much punctuation

Not even close.
all this lean muscle mass talk is boring the shit out of me. Yanda sure as hell aint got the physique a lot of these guys sledge hammer worships has..
I woudn't call vince wilfork a muscle machine, was fat all over. Plenty of guys out there who aren't head n shoulders above the rest ( with quick twitch blah blah muscle etc) and yet are among the best in their position.

an overrated aspect of football. there i said it..

It has a lot to do with the athlete to begin with. Of course warren sapp one of my favorite players was a beast. But with a physique only a mother could love. BUT everybody can get better by optimizing bodymass index. Not to mention some players have to do so to be NFL caliber.. while some average players could become borderline pro bowl caliber by optimizing muscle to fat index. Evan Mathis played his best football of his career late 20s to mid 30s. Once he got in phenomenal shape.

Sorry if talking about losing bodyfat and adding muscle makes some people uncomfortable. In a way I really like that it isn't for everybody!!