• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The General Offensive Line Thread

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Let's throw this damn thing back on track..

I don't think it's Skura. "Big, Physical" seems to suggest Jensen. But I'm less worried about center at this point. As long as Hurst is starting, we are so fucked.

The Greek

Veteran

I don't think it's Skura. "Big, Physical" seems to suggest Jensen. But I'm less worried about center at this point. As long as Hurst is starting, we are so fucked.
hurst has been playing rt since mini camp so he must be doing something right but we shall soon find out when the pads come on and preseason games begin. i really feel the new o-line coach will make a difference with many of these guys that were struggling under castillo

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I'm starting to wonder if maybe hurst has turned a corner. I mean it happens sometimes where a player just breaks a benchmark and it all comes together for them to become serviceable. Now... I doubt it. But the teams confidence in him just feels very odd. We have seen coaches be comfortable with total ineptitude at a lot of spots but the OL isn't usually one of them, we went into 2013 with unproven guys who we felt good about(and were wrong) but we have never went into a season with a guy who has been a proven liability and said "we are comfortable with him starting 16+ games". It just feels strange, it feels like the coaches know something we don't.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I'm starting to wonder if maybe hurst has turned a corner. I mean it happens sometimes where a player just breaks a benchmark and it all comes together for them to become serviceable. Now... I doubt it. But the teams confidence in him just feels very odd. We have seen coaches be comfortable with total ineptitude at a lot of spots but the OL isn't usually one of them, we went into 2013 with unproven guys who we felt good about(and were wrong) but we have never went into a season with a guy who has been a proven liability and said "we are comfortable with him starting 16+ games". It just feels strange, it feels like the coaches know something we don't.

Maybe the "Hurst Sucks" Streak will be beaten out by the Ravens' "Free Agent OL gets big ass contract outside of Baltimore" Streak.

hurst has been playing rt since mini camp so he must be doing something right but we shall soon find out when the pads come on and preseason games begin. i really feel the new o-line coach will make a difference with many of these guys that were struggling under castillo
Well - doing something right may only be doing something righer than anyone else on the roster. I'm not sure that's reassuring.

I'm sharing your same optimism that a fresh approach in the coaching staff can help, but I'm always afraid such thinking is just wishful thinking. The proof of that will lie in the pudding.

Maybe Hurst is really not as bad as we all remember him to be. Maybe visions of him taking Flacco's knee out still being etched in my brain is creating that bias. Even if he's doing pretty well, we are scary thin at tackle. I still feel like we need some sort of help there. Its the only thing that's worth trying to address at this point, but it needs to be IMO