• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The General Offensive Line Thread

Also Flacco is 32, we don't have years to stockpile and rebuild we need to win now. What if his body breaks down? What if he has a major injury? he could retire this season after taking 40+ sacks.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Yeah. I'm sick and tired of hijacking other threads. Let's do this instead.

My thought process is simple. If we have a good offensive line, we should be fine. If not, top 15 pick.

Likely the latter in this scenario sadly. I think we're screwed.

Thread title means two things... were boned if OL is anything like last year.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
It's worse, we lost our RT and have no idea who is going to try and replace him. We also don't know who our center will be.

Except we know our Center will be better because he cannot be worse so the biggest worry is RT. If Hurst is really working that hard maybe ge deserves a shot but im still very hesitant

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
It's worse, we lost our RT and have no idea who is going to try and replace him. We also don't know who our center will be.
Just a thought, but we didn't know who was going to replace Oher. I don't know if we have another Wagner, but it's something to keep in mind.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Except we know our Center will be better because he cannot be worse so the biggest worry is RT. If Hurst is really working that hard maybe ge deserves a shot but im still very hesitant
Zuttah made the pro bowl last year, albeit as like a 5th alternate, but still. He graded as a mid ranked center.

Our center this year absolutely can be worse than zuttah. That is just boldfaced lies to say it can't get worse.

Serrell Tuggs

Practice Squad
It always seemed to me that Urschel was practically the same player as Zuttah, decent but lacking strength, so I assumed he'd be a cheaper like for like replacement. So if Jensen is beating him out that might mean we will see a slight improvement at centre.

I can't get too excited about the new players until one of them outplays Hurst in practice.

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
Zuttah made the pro bowl last year, albeit as like a 5th alternate, but still. He graded as a mid ranked center.

Our center this year absolutely can be worse than zuttah. That is just boldfaced lies to say it can't get worse.
This and this exactly. His most glaring of errors were absolute drive killers but he was nowhere near the worst center in the league.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
Hopefully next year is a good class for OL since we just went hard on defense we need to load up on OL.
I'm quite the fan of Notre Dame's Quenton Nelson. There are some decent options out there, assuming we don't continue to stack the side with DTs.

With Joe getting up there in age, you almost wonder at what point you're building the OL for whoever replaces him. Even Travis Frederick took a couple of years to really come into his own and get as good as he is.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'm going to put this out there again. I know it's a waste of Yanda, but could run with Stanley, Lewis, Jensen, Siragusa and Yanda at RT.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
We just need him to survive this year. I'd put money on it that the offense is heavily addressed next off season... But til then... all we have is prayer.
Would you say that since we have a consensus 3 linemen(Stanley, Siragusa, Yanda) that we all like that we are, halfway there?

arnie_uk

Veteran
What makes you think Jensen who couldn't beat out zuttah last year when he was so bad will now suddenly be better than zuttah?

That's flawed logic. He would have started last year if that's the case

We just need him to survive this year. I'd put money on it that the offense is heavily addressed next off season... But til then... all we have is prayer.

This seems to be what we're doing, personally I hate the idea of sacrificing one of Joes last years with an eye towards next offseason.