• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 14 Discussion (The Final 4)

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
So how good are the Bills? You guys think they are overrated or a good team from what you seen today?
Still somewhat overrated but their defense is really good. Lamar is still adjusting to really cold weather games. By next year he'll put in the work and become an expert even in cold weather games. I think it was partly the wind that made it really hard on the Ravens. But setting the score aside we were leading comfortably for most of the game.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
So how good are the Bills? You guys think they are overrated or a good team from what you seen today?

Yeah i was gonna ask how the bills matched up today, were they good enough to be a decent playoff team or no? They have steelers next week. I think niners are going to the SB
Bills defense is stout (you can attest to this @Pats ), very disciplined against our running game. Their defense and running game are playoff worthy. Josh Allen on the other hand? Hit or miss.

One could say that their success is a result of their "easy" schedule, but at the end of the day, you don't make your schedule. Allen's development will determine how successful they'll be long-term. Still....fuck the Bills.

Pats

Veteran
Bills defense is stout (you can attest to this @Pats ), very disciplined against our running game. Their defense and running game are playoff worthy. Josh Allen on the other hand? Hit or miss.

One could say that their success is a result of their "easy" schedule, but at the end of the day, you don't make your schedule. Allen's development will determine how successful they'll be long-term. Still....[profanity deleted] the Bills.
Yeah its kind of what I thought, defense structured team with a jekyll and hyde QB. Still, I can see them beating the steelers and finishing in number 6 seed.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Still somewhat overrated but their defense is really good. Lamar is still adjusting to really cold weather games. By next year he'll put in the work and become an expert even in cold weather games. I think it was partly the wind that made it really hard on the Ravens. But setting the score aside we were leading comfortably for most of the game.

lol he'll do the same thing with his mechanics and footwork as this offseason but he'll take coach joshua harris to the arctic circle to practice in the wind and cold

Yeah i was gonna ask how the bills matched up today, were they good enough to be a decent playoff team or no? They have steelers next week. I think niners are going to the SB
I guess we’ll find out what the Bills are made of in the next couple weeks. As for today they did a better job of containing our run game than anyone including SF. They let up one huge play but otherwise were super solid on D.

Singletary looks really good. Allen was shaky not sure if he’s going to have an issue holding up vs other solid Ds like PIT and NE. Buffalo did threaten and got some scores but it was almost all fueled by penalties and not the kind an overmatched D commits but loads of unnecessary roughness penalties.

Allen will need to settle down and get more comfortable to be a real threat.

Pats

Veteran
I guess we’ll find out what the Bills are made of in the next couple weeks. As for today they did a better job of containing our run game than anyone including SF. They let up one huge play but otherwise were super solid on D.

Singletary looks really good. Allen was shaky not sure if he’s going to have an issue holding up vs other solid Ds like PIT and NE. Buffalo did threaten and got some scores but it was almost all fueled by penalties and not the kind an overmatched D commits but loads of unnecessary roughness penalties.

2nd year for allen right? He might be decent in the future if he keeps his head

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Problem with the Bills at Steelers is that teams offenses sans us and the Seahawks play like bitches in Pittsburgh.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man this should not be a close game but leave it to the Rams to make it close... the Seahawks have been outplayed in every facet and yet they have a chance.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

singletary has turned it on the last few weeks as a weapon for their offence but our defence clearly didnt think much of allen as a passer in that wind

i think pittsburgh with that defence will absolutely rip apart josh allen - they've got a much better defensive front than us and minkah and haden have been picking of qbs at will since minkah joined the steelers

TJ Watt is gonna have a field day - does most of the things that Judon does (who had a massive day today) but better

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Bills defense is legit, they should be able to contain the Steelers next week as they are a much better defense than the Cardinals had. Josh Allen had some overthrows that worry me where they could leave some big plays on the table much like what happened in our game. Bills will give offenses fits come January, whoever ends up the fourth seed will have their hands full with that defense. Looking at it, the fourth seed is looking to be the winner of the AFC South and I like the Bills chances to win against either the Texans or Titans.

If their offense can get it together, improve the offensive line and the protection for Allen then they could be a threat for years to come with that defense. That's my thoughts on the Bills, they are close and with a good offseason and draft they could take the AFC East next year.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Rams need to put this game away, keeping Seattle in it too long is going to cost them the game.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
do they have a Sunday night game in the last week?

Week 17 has no Sunday Night Game scheduled in April. The league waits until after week 16 to see which game in week 17 has a win or go home, or a division title on the line and flexes that game to Sunday Night.

Indeed. It's SF at SEA wk 17.

The only other game that could even be flexed into that spot is Titans @ Texans but the NFC West Battle is a much better matchup to put on primetime in Week 17 to close out the regular season.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
haven't been watching the game for the past two quarters. Has Collinsworth shut up about Wilson MVP. I mean seriously.