• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
You guys think we can beat Tennessee Thursday?
I think you can as long as you can stop Henry and get enough time of possession to score points. However, if Henry cannot be stopped, then it is an uphill task for any team including the Packers. I'm just hoping you guys win!

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Both of my Cards fans friends want him gone and CAN'T STAND Kyler.
Why is Kliff Kingsbury viewed as such a bad coach? I don't pay much attention to the cards but his record in three years is 28-30 with a horrible QB.Not only is Kyler just bad, he strikes me as self entitled child who would stop at nothing to throw folks under the bus if things weren't going his way. If he was doing this with Lamar, Burrow, Herbert... then I totally get it.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Why is Kliff Kingsbury viewed as such a bad coach? I don't pay much attention to the cards but his record in three years is 28-30 with a horrible QB.Not only is Kyler just bad, he strikes me as self entitled child who would stop at nothing to throw folks under the bus if things weren't going his way. If he was doing this with Lamar, Burrow, Herbert... then I totally get it.
He runs an offensive scheme that frankly isn’t cut out for the nfl and he doesn’t exactly adjust

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
He runs an offensive scheme that frankly isn’t cut out for the nfl and he doesn’t exactly adjust
I have no idea honestly, just thought he got a bad rap and was stuck with a moody midget as a QB. As an offensive guy, points per game they've been in the top have of the league each year. Seems like Kliff maybe a scapegoat for organizational failures.
2022: 12th
2021: 11th
2020: 13th
2019: 16th

Last edited:

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I have no idea honestly, just thought he got a bad rap and was stuck with a moody midget as a QB. As an offensive guy, points per game they've been in the top have of the league each year. Seems like Kliff maybe a scapegoat for organizational failures.
As always I can’t pin all the blame on one guy. Kyler sucks, their defense sucks, they suck at drafting, they suck at developing talent, but I don’t think that absolves kliff at all.

Kingsbury was a subpar college coach who put together a high flying offense with mahomes and the nfl as always goes through periods where they throw millions at anyone who sniffed so-and-so’s jockstrap at some point. Happened with Belichicks staff, shanahans staff, mcvay, and of course kliff was pretty directly a result of mahomes hype.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
1. Most people would tell you Kyler is bad (and he's not really that bad) because Kliff is bad. Not the other way around.
2. I would argue there's no single coach in this league who makes little or no in-game adjustments more than Kliff.
3. The organization dramatically over-emphasizes offensive output over defensive output, which is why their significant investments are on the offensive side of the ball.
4. Under Kilff, they're a notoriously regressing team as the year goes on.
2020: Started year 6-3. Finished the year going 2-5
2021: Started 7-0, 8-1, and even 10-2. Finished the year 1-4. 1-5 if you count their playoff loss, at home.
5. They're 8-15 (if my math is right), including playoffs, against their own division, in Kilff's tenure.
That includes going 2-7 against the Rams, of which one of those wins was last week (in a game with backup QBs).
6. The PPG numbers are actually not that great when you consider Kliff is supposed to be in the Shanahan/McVay/Reid class of "innovative, world-beating play callers". Zero top ten years in points scored for a team that's supposed to have a high-profile, prolific offense isn't very good at all.

I guess I would say look at it objectively with the facts. If you had a coach who had zero playoff wins in 3 years (it'll be 4 this year, because they're not making the playoffs), one single playoff appearance, had a hand-picked #1 overall QB, were outside the top 10 in scoring for 4 straight years, and were routinely getting shit on inside your own division for 4 straight years, would you think job security would be an issue?

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
As always I can’t pin all the blame on one guy. Kyler sucks, their defense sucks, they suck at drafting, they suck at developing talent, but I don’t think that absolves kliff at all.

Kingsbury was a subpar college coach who put together a high flying offense with mahomes and the nfl as always goes through periods where they throw millions at anyone who sniffed so-and-so’s jockstrap at some point. Happened with Belichicks staff, shanahans staff, mcvay, and of course kliff was pretty directly a result of mahomes hype.
he also had a losing record against good teams with a winning record in college. He made a career out of beating bad teams.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
1. Most people would tell you Kyler is bad (and he's not really that bad) because Kliff is bad. Not the other way around.
2. I would argue there's no single coach in this league who makes little or no in-game adjustments more than Kliff.
3. The organization dramatically over-emphasizes offensive output over defensive output, which is why their significant investments are on the offensive side of the ball.
4. Under Kilff, they're a notoriously regressing team as the year goes on.
2020: Started year 6-3. Finished the year going 2-5
2021: Started 7-0, 8-1, and even 10-2. Finished the year 1-4. 1-5 if you count their playoff loss, at home.
5. They're 8-15 (if my math is right), including playoffs, against their own division, in Kilff's tenure.
That includes going 2-7 against the Rams, of which one of those wins was last week (in a game with backup QBs).
6. The PPG numbers are actually not that great when you consider Kliff is supposed to be in the Shanahan/McVay/Reid class of "innovative, world-beating play callers". Zero top ten years in points scored for a team that's supposed to have a high-profile, prolific offense isn't very good at all.

I guess I would say look at it objectively with the facts. If you had a coach who had zero playoff wins in 3 years (it'll be 4 this year, because they're not making the playoffs), one single playoff appearance, had a hand-picked #1 overall QB, were outside the top 10 in scoring for 4 straight years, and were routinely getting shit on inside your own division for 4 straight years, would you think job security would be an issue?
not only outside of the top 10 in scoring for 4 straight years, but their emphasis has been on offense since KK was hired.