• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Eno Benjamin looked pretty damn good while Conner was hurt

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Totally crazy and I was wondering if it was off the field stuff also. He's averaging 4.2 ypc and most of it is yards after contact.

Bring him in to take over for Davis for sure.

I’m expecting some news about him soon. No way they outright cut him

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Totally crazy and I was wondering if it was off the field stuff also. He's averaging 4.2 ypc and most of it is yards after contact.

Honestly I'd take him over Drake too in a heartbeat. I think he's really good

Simba

Staff Member
Would be very shocking if Benjamin made it to us on waivers (pending no off field stuff) but there's no reason not to throw a claim out. On a minimum contract though so would be an easy choice over Davis at this time, even if just a temporary solution.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Eno Benjamin looked pretty damn good while Conner was hurt
Wtf? He was beast when Connor was injured.

He looked like one of their star players while Conner was out, and Conner is still a pedestrian ass back.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Sign Amari to the practice squad for that feel good story.

edit: apparently he fumbles a lot. He might not survive the dog house

Simba

Staff Member
Also the rumor with Eno Benjamin is that he was growing unhappy with his reduced role (rightfully so) and it turned into a blowup with one of the coaches, and that was the reason for his release.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Amari is a guy I’d take on the PS if he clears waivers. He’s been really bad though.

PS - see if we can fix him - tbf most of his issues were special teams related but Packers WR corps rivals ours for worst in the league right now and he still was barely seeing time which tells you either he sucks or Aaron Rodgers hates him or both lol...

Simba

Staff Member
PS - see if we can fix him - tbf most of his issues were special teams related but Packers WR corps rivals ours for worst in the league right now and he still was barely seeing time which tells you either he sucks or Aaron Rodgers hates him or both lol...
Yeah definitely not a good sign for him. He's struggled heavily there overall, but might be worth a flyer.

Only other consideration is that his dad would be his position coach and that could lead to some awkwardness if he's pining for his son to get another shot. Easy to say you'll treat him just like any player but just one of those things to consider.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Also the rumor with Eno Benjamin is that he was growing unhappy with his reduced role (rightfully so) and it turned into a blowup with one of the coaches, and that was the reason for his release.
I have a friend who works close / under cardinals media and that is what he told me yesterday. on kliff specifically. cards fans want kliffs ass gone BAD.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah definitely not a good sign for him. He's struggled heavily there overall, but might be worth a flyer.

Only other consideration is that his dad would be his position coach and that could lead to some awkwardness if he's pining for his son to get another shot. Easy to say you'll treat him just like any player but just one of those things to consider.

yeah rough because of his position group for sure
notable also that the ravens avoided any nepotism issues with his draft grade by not letting Tee evaluate him for them in that 2021 draft process

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Makes sense. Pretty dumb for the cardinals to make Connor the workhorse with his injury history. If any team would benefit more from a RB by committee, it would’ve been the cardinals with Connor and Benjamin.