• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Buffalo as the number two target with less than 750K available and Allen potentially injured?

KC as the #2/3 target behind Kelce and Juju and 4M available

BAL as the #2 behind Mandrews with a little over 2M available

Rams as the #2 behind Cupp with 4.5M available

Being from Cali I wouldn’t blame him taking the money and chillin on a LA beach
Good reasoning. I didn't know he was from CALI.

Simba

Staff Member
I'm still not confident that (a) they would and (b) he'd want to come here, but there should be an all out effort to get Odell at this point. The pieces are starting to come together elsewhere with even more reinforcements on the way. WR is just a dark hole and quality players like Odell just generally aren't available at this point in the season. Don't think I'd balk at a tiny mortgage of the future to go for it in a year with few standout teams.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Buffalo as the number two target with less than 750K available and Allen potentially injured?

KC as the #2/3 target behind Kelce and Juju and 4M available

BAL as the #2 behind Mandrews with a little over 2M available

Rams as the #2 behind Cupp with 4.5M available

Being from Cali I wouldn’t blame him taking the money and chillin on a LA beach

I think he goes to the cowboys over us if anything.. Jerry gets what he wants :(

Last edited:

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm still not confident that (a) they would and (b) he'd want to come here, but there should be an all out effort to get Odell at this point. The pieces are starting to come together elsewhere with even more reinforcements on the way. WR is just a dark hole and quality players like Odell just generally aren't available at this point in the season. Don't think I'd balk at a tiny mortgage of the future to go for it in a year with few standout teams.
OBJ is likely going to the Rams, Cowboys, Ravens, Bills, Chiefs or Bucs. I imagine his incentives are 1) Super Bowl 2) Money 3) QB/HC.

The boys have more cap space so I don't see us outbidding them. They also look playoff bound with a wildcard. I don't doubt he would play here, maybe even welcome coming to a low volume offense where he doesn't have to be special. It just seems difficult envisioning a way to convince him to choose us over them.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

honestly i woke up today feeling so positive about the team after the win yesterday

we're set up well to win philosophically on offence vs the current mode du jour of nfl defences - we're getting reinforcements when other teams are losing guys (not unexpected but nice to see it come to fruition)

but if you go position by position across all phases, we're talented and deep at basically every position - WR is the exception... and it's really dark at WR but if we can just find someone... anyone... to elevate that group from 32nd by far in the NFL to like an actual NFL-worthy WR group (even if it remains 32nd lol) would be massive