• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Now speaking of trades, I'm only posting this to ignore this clown going forward. Fake news. Ain't no person named James Brock works as a reporter for CBS.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Understood. I just felt like we'd discuss any signings, cuts, trades in the other thread too but no biggie though.
I could merge it if people want it because there are similarities, but the offseason thread isn't active at all when the season begins and this one is.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
2024?!? Couldn’t even get a pick this year for him lol
My first thought, and then only hearing it’s a 7th lol. But whatever - better than cutting and getting nothing back

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
I mean that's barely even compensation lol. Not complaining at all, needed to happen. Thanks for the years with green dot Chuck!

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
What do we think the Ravens think of JAD and Pepe. You don't call guys especially later round picks busts after 1 year, but like those 2 are pretty interesting.

Typically, meaning in recent years, late round rookies have not been thrust in the fire and we as fans usually clamor to see those guys. But last year, both JAD and Pepe got on the field early and a lot! Then after pretty awful showings for a few games, they basically didn't see the field again the rest of the year.

On top of that JAD, a chronically injured guy, was chronically injured last year.

Not to be pessimistic, but like I'm pretty sure JAD won't be in the league in a couple of years, but I think Pepe has a chance to get better and be a CB3/4 kinda guy. Might just take him a couple more years to be that reliabily.

Corner is imo an extremely weak position group, maybe just as bad as WR.

Simba

Staff Member
What do we think the Ravens think of JAD and Pepe. You don't call guys especially later round picks busts after 1 year, but like those 2 are pretty interesting.

Typically, meaning in recent years, late round rookies have not been thrust in the fire and we as fans usually clamor to see those guys. But last year, both JAD and Pepe got on the field early and a lot! Then after pretty awful showings for a few games, they basically didn't see the field again the rest of the year.

On top of that JAD, a chronically injured guy, was chronically injured last year.

Not to be pessimistic, but like I'm pretty sure JAD won't be in the league in a couple of years, but I think Pepe has a chance to get better and be a CB3/4 kinda guy. Might just take him a couple more years to be that reliabily.

Corner is imo an extremely weak position group, maybe just as bad as WR.
JAD feels like Averett part 2. Spends his first couple of years injured/buried, eventually gets a chance, plays some solid ball. But is still somehow the subject of everyone’s ire.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
JAD feels like Averett part 2. Spends his first couple of years injured/buried, eventually gets a chance, plays some solid ball. But is still somehow the subject of everyone’s ire.
He barely played and I think when he did he was legitimately PFFs worst CB. To be fair at that time, the whole defense was playing like shit.

If he can stay healthy I think he could actually be like Averrett, which would be awesome. I could just be misremembering but I don't remember AA's injuries early in his career. I just remember him being burried. He also sucked the first year he got real playing time but then blossomed into a really solid guy

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor