• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Simba

Staff Member
I'll give them a small pass for 2021 but not hearing ot for last year. Seeing how poorly 2021 went and KNOWING Bateman was the only quality guy was inexcusable to me. Also, keeping Roman at least 1 year too many without seeing Lamar in another system. Besides me thinking the team had outgrown him we never got a chance to see Lamar in a semi capable passing scheme before having to give him top QB money.

RIP Jerry Springer
Yeah 2022 was completely inexcusable and there's not much debate about that. Literally an entire roster of young guys that they hoped would ascend. Literally half of our depth chart before signing DRob was comprised of UDFAs.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Let me stop fucking around. This is also why I said waiting this long was dumb. Say we provide Lamar with all these weapons and he looks like complete ass, now we're stuck with him knowing he couldn't even produce with a great supporting cast. I doubt that happens but who knows.
I'll gladly take that risk without hesitation. We've seen what Lamar can do when healthy in terms of being a playmaker.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Speaking about Lamar and Hopkins, I don't know who this Jack Settleman dude is but.....

"Ravens working Lamar contract to make Hopkins trade"

Last edited:

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I'll gladly take that risk without hesitation. We've seen what Lamar can do when healthy in terms of being a playmaker.
I agree for the most part but it's still dumb from a franchise perspective.

The slander on LJ name has been crazy this off season like he hasn't been one of the hardest workers and one of the best players when healthy. All that went out the window because of contract negotiations. Funny how quickly people will switch up.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
DC469BDF-FEF7-4717-A072-9786E8C20F9E.jpeg

Friend sent me this, apparently from chargers staff member.

Please lord baby Jesus..

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor

The slander on LJ name has been crazy this off season like he hasn't been one of the hardest workers and one of the best players when healthy. All that went out the window because of contract negotiations. Funny how quickly people will switch up.
Well yeah. Its a pretty easy switch to be honest, considering Lamar asked to be traded. And that's after we fired the OC and offered him the second biggest contract in league-history. Not to mention the post-mortem, which was a) we gave him the exact guy he wanted us to get and b) our contract was validated by the closest thing to his comp taking a deal that was extremely similar to it.

And yet here we sit, taking a weird "pandering" stance by suggesting he needs even more tools to succeed, all while he refuses to sign a contract, hasn't backed off his position that he wants traded in the slightest, and nobody has any idea if he'll ever sign here long term or will even show up to play this year. Or, possibly (but highly unlikely), isn't even a Raven 24 hours from now.

There's cases where "but he's talented" is good enough. This ain't one of them in my eyes.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer

I'll be frank. This whole negotiation had me frustrated especially since he's overvaluing his market. It's REALLY gonna be tough for him to convince a FO that he deserves more $$$ than Hurts.

That being said, I will continue to speak it into existence that he'll sign a long-term extension with us. While it's disappointing to see the switch up, it's also disappointing to see people think Lamar pussied out of the Wild Card game. Bro wasn't healthy to play period. Even if he was in the game, he would've played like shit, and folks would've been screaming to get him out of the game.

Fuck Sammy Watkins by the way for those comments like his bum ass didn't sell that Miami game in 2021. I ain't forget dammit lol!

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Well yeah. Its a pretty easy switch to be honest, considering Lamar asked to be traded. And that's after we fired the OC and offered him the second biggest contract in league-history. Not to mention the post-mortem, which was a) we gave him the exact guy he wanted us to get and b) our contract was validated by the closest thing to his comp taking a deal that was extremely similar to it.

And yet here we sit, taking a weird "pandering" stance by suggesting he needs even more tools to succeed, all while he refuses to sign a contract, hasn't backed off his position that he wants traded in the slightest, and nobody has any idea if he'll ever sign here long term or will even show up to play this year. Or, possibly (but highly unlikely), isn't even a Raven 24 hours from now.

There's cases where "but he's talented" is good enough. This ain't one of them in my eyes.

I'll be frank. This whole negotiation had me frustrated especially since he's overvaluing his market. It's REALLY gonna be tough for him to convince a FO that he deserves more $$$ than Hurts.

That being said, I will continue to speak it into existence that he'll sign a long-term extension with us. While it's disappointing to see the switch up, it's also disappointing to see people think Lamar pussied out of the Wild Card game. Bro wasn't healthy to play period. Even if he was in the game, he would've played like shit, and folks would've been screaming to get him out of the game.

Fuck Sammy Watkins by the way for those comments like his bum ass didn't sell that Miami game in 2021. I ain't forget dammit lol!
Worded poorly on my part and this still wont get into detail. Frustrated with him cool but trying to come after the man's character felt out of line to me.. what do I know though.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Worst case scenario: Lamar and DHop remain unsigned and not traded after tonights draft so we can continue to argue lol

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
when we get in a position to actually play the Chiefs in a meaningful game, then we can have discussions about whether we have the weapons to beat them or not.
I do know the Chiefs aren't the only team in this conference who can score lots of points.
Are we an afc team? Do we want to compete for a championship? Okay then, odds are we’ll have to play them at some point if we wanna achieve that goal.

Jesus Christ you can be a real [profanity deleted] sometimes dude