• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I dunno, seems to me Josh Jacobs fits the offense better and would be cheaper in both dollars and draft picks. I would totally buy low on that monster. Maybe Raiders get blown out MNF and do what they gotta do and sell.
Man Josh just isn’t efficient though. The volume he gets over there wouldn’t be the same as over here. I don’t hate him and wouldn’t mind it, but I’m really sold on Henry

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
If we were to trade for a player, who or what position could actually put us over the top? Till bengals pull it together, chances are… we would have to go through either kc or dolphins in the playoffs..
I'd go pass rush. Can never have too many of them, some are available at the right price, and you have no guarantee KVN and Clowney keep that pace in the playoffs.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I dunno, seems to me Josh Jacobs fits the offense better and would be cheaper in both dollars and draft picks. I would totally buy low on that monster. Maybe Raiders get blown out MNF and do what they gotta do and sell.
Totally disagree. I'd rather have Jacobs here for the scheme fit, but I can't imagine he would be cheaper in terms of trade assets.
In terms of comp...
Henry would cost $6.2M if acquired today, and Jacobs would cost $4.4M.
You could try to convince those teams to pay a good chunk of the remaining salary, however that would just require better assets going back.

Main reasons I think Jacobs would be more expensive is a) he's considerably younger, b) Henry has a TON more historical usage, and c) Jacobs has been the better overall player for the last two seasons, though neither has been particularly effective this year.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

JAAM

Hall of Famer

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
AMAZING is a strong way to put that lol

But he's the type of depth I'd be looking at for sure
to me it was a shocker due to so much other talent they could have cut if they needed space. He's not a bad player and yes would be nice depth.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Man Josh just isn’t efficient though. The volume he gets over there wouldn’t be the same as over here. I don’t hate him and wouldn’t mind it, but I’m really sold on Henry
How are you measuring efficiency and over what time period?

Derrick Henry hasn't been an efficient runner since 2020.

If we agree that neither has been efficient or looked good this year, Jacobs 2022 was better than Henry's. In this case, I'd just go with the guy with significantly less tread on the tires.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
How are you measuring efficiency and over what time period?

Derrick Henry hasn't been an efficient runner since 2020.

If we agree that neither has been efficient or looked good this year, Jacobs 2022 was better than Henry's. In this case, I'd just go with the guy with significantly less tread on the tires.
Jacobs has never averaged at least 5 yards per carry in his career and is slogging through a god awful 2.9 this year as opposed to Henry’s 4.3, which isn’t amazing, but at least the latter can do more with less volume

JAAM

Hall of Famer
You can #SIIE this lol. I'm not getting involved with this particular one.
But Brother we need to be at full strength. Not a big Henry fan?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Jacobs has never averaged at least 5 yards per carry in his career and is slogging through a god awful 2.9 this year as opposed to Henry’s 4.3, which isn’t amazing, but at least the latter can do more with less volume
not a fan jacobs at all.. had one great season and now its a lot of hype. Before that, he was and still is an avg back. He is def one of those guys you can find in later rounds.