• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
He should be, but what if he isnt? I actually wouldnt be surprised if got atleast 2 more great yrs left
The way Henry practices and takes care of himself, I am 100% sure he has at least 2 left but probably more. He's a big man, too. It's not like he's a 5'9"/200 guy that took a beating.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
He should be, but what if he isnt? I actually wouldnt be surprised if got atleast 2 more great yrs left
Depends on how you define "great". His efficiency has been declining for awhile. If you're going to commit to giving him 250-300 carries a year, sure, I think he'll look "great" doing that.

If you put him in a more balanced offense and he's only getting maybe 10-15 carries a game, I don't think he'll be even a 1K yard back.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'll instantly forgive him if he stiff arms Mahomes, Brittany Mahomes, Kelce, and Taylor Swift into the stratosphere during the AFC Championship Game.
Brittany mahomes is cool, she’s had her moments but I don’t get the hate for her, she’s just honors her man to the fullest and I respect it.

Now jackson mahomes… yeah Henry can run right on up in the booth to stiff arm that one, josh Norman style

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
henry at 29 with all those carrie's should be declining fast
I would think so as well, but so far so good. A second is a little much IMO, but I’m fine with a 3rd assuming we get him extended at a reasonable price.
He really hasn’t shown signs of slowing down which is why I’m in favor of making the move. He’s also played with some horrible QBs, imagine defenses not being able to stack the box on him playing with Lamar, Flowers, and Andrews. Not to mention the best FB in football, Ricard, blocking for him.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I would think so as well, but so far so good. A second is a little much IMO, but I’m fine with a 3rd assuming we get him extended at a reasonable price.

He really hasn’t shown signs of slowing down which is why I’m in favor of making the move. He’s also played with some horrible QBs, imagine defenses not being able to stack the box on him playing with Lamar, Flowers, and Andrews. Not to mention the best FB in football, Ricard, blocking for him.

Some of the rare RB's play well into their later age. Remember Thomas Jones?

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree. I just don't want to give up a second for him.

I'd prefer to go elsewhere with that pick
Same here. I was looking at OTC trying to figger out a player for player but it looks like anything we do eats cap. This is going to be a strong draft and I think we need to hoard our picks and there's a shit ton of RB's in this next draft. I like a lot of them and I'm real fond of Ray Davis out of Kentucky. Ray's have been good to this team lol.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Depends on how you define "great". His efficiency has been declining for awhile. If you're going to commit to giving him 250-300 carries a year, sure, I think he'll look "great" doing that.

If you put him in a more balanced offense and he's only getting maybe 10-15 carries a game, I don't think he'll be even a 1K yard back.
How many backs can get 1k with only 10 carries a game. Im fine with him long his avg 4.5 yards carries atleast. Would def give our redzone and 4th quarter offense a boost

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
How many backs can get 1k with only 10 carries a game. Im fine with him long his avg 4.5 yards carries atleast. Would def give our redzone and 4th quarter offense a boost
None. But I don't think 1K yards in a 17 game season is a good measurement of anything.
Najee Harris had 1,200 and 1,000 yards in back to back seasons, and every person on the planet now realizes he's complete ass as a runner.

Just saying 4.5 yards/carry on 10-15 carries gets you about 60-70 yards/game, at most. If Henry came in and gave you 60 yards a week, would you be happy with it? Maybe TDs boost him, but TDs aren't predictable or trendy for individual players. It's dependent on game flow and situations more than the talent of the player.

What I'd rather see from a RB we acquire is a better pass catcher to involve the RB in the passing game (which we aren't doing) and somebody who's better as stretch or edge runner. And I don't want to pay that much for it.

Would also point out that Henry hasn't been a 4.5 guy since 2020. Maybe that's because the Titans passing game sucks, but maybe its also because he's less explosive.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
None. But I don't think 1K yards in a 17 game season is a good measurement of anything.
Najee Harris had 1,200 and 1,000 yards in back to back seasons, and every person on the planet now realizes he's complete ass as a runner.

Just saying 4.5 yards/carry on 10-15 carries gets you about 60-70 yards/game, at most. If Henry came in and gave you 60 yards a week, would you be happy with it? Maybe TDs boost him, but TDs aren't predictable or trendy for individual players. It's dependent on game flow and situations more than the talent of the player.

What I'd rather see from a RB we acquire is a better pass catcher to involve the RB in the passing game (which we aren't doing) and somebody who's better as stretch or edge runner. And I don't want to pay that much for it.

Would also point out that Henry hasn't been a 4.5 guy since 2020. Maybe that's because the Titans passing game sucks, but maybe its also because he's less explosive.
Yea i was just thinking about if he would lack the ability to be a good stretch runner.other than screens, he isnt a threat in the pass game neither so yea you pretty spot on.. Im just thinking about the help he would give us 2nd half to stop us from losing our rhythm. For a late pick, it could be worth it but if they really want a 2nd rnd pick, thats not gonna happen