• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

I had surgery 2 days after the game to occupy my thoughts. Now I'm pumped full of Endone and watching Rick and Morty.

Recovering heroin addict here, over 4 years clean. But be careful with pain meds. I started off with pain meds from injuries and surgeries; thought everything was cool and normal as I binge watched shows or did my daily routines while high. Then the next thing I know I'm sticking myself with needles to get high and I was a complete POS. Just looking out is all, I wouldn't wish opiate addiction on anyone.

Recovering heroin addict here, over 4 years clean. But be careful with pain meds. I started off with pain meds from injuries and surgeries; thought everything was cool and normal as I binge watched shows or did my daily routines while high. Then the next thing I know I'm sticking myself with needles to get high and I was a complete POS. Just looking out is all, I wouldn't wish opiate addiction on anyone.

Good work on 4 years mate. Had plenty of good mates get caught up in heroin when I was younger, including keeping one alive with mouth to mouth resuscitation while we waited for an ambulance Horrible affliction. Had surgery this time yesterday and am keen to stop taking them as soon as I can, not a fan of painkillers at all. Appreciate the concern.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
What about Arik Armstead? I mean the 49ers can't pay everyone on their DL especially with Buckner's contract coming up soon

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
until they totally stacked the line, wasn't he a bit underwhelming?
he had more sacks this season than he had the past few seasons. Maybe some of it was year 4 / 5 improvement, kind of like ZDS improvement last season or it very well could have been the addition of Bosa helping him tremendously. No way to know if his improvement would continue into next year, with a different team, or drop off due to being on a stacked line. I'd be hesitant in giving him a big money deal.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
OTC has the Niners with $16.7M in cap space so it'll be interesting to see what they do in the offseason.

I'm of the mind that we need to take the next step on offense this coming year and improve on throwing the ball to WR outside the #s. As Lamar takes each offseason on works on the next thing he needs to improve on himself - I think that should be his focus.

So the question is - what to do in terms of personnel to help Lamar take that next step? Is an upgrade at WR in order? Our roster currently has:

Hollywood - Showing real promise. I think his production for a rookie who was out for several games was stellar. I think he becomes special
Boykin - Perhaps he's about what you should expect out of a 3rd round rookie ... but will he be what we need him to be this coming year?
Snead - IMO a pretty big disappointment this year.
Scott - I think the most optimistic among us need to admit he's a non-entity.

Does our offense even really need a quality slot receiver with the way we use TEs? Is that why Snead was disappointing, cause the middle of the field is covered already?

If we get an upgrade wide ... a big bodied dude with a big catch radius ... or do we already have that in Boykin's and adding such a player will stunt his growth? Or do we say we need to upgrade that position and Boykin will just have to find a way to contribute.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
lets get real, we're not going to plug every position in to the point where we're going to say

'' I'm happy with all our position groups''

there will be one which will be our worry.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
lets get real, we're not going to plug every position in to the point where we're going to say

Of course. However, if we can address the position groups that are top priority (WR, interior OL, pass-rush), we should be fine.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
that's normally why this team likes to try and fill holes before the draft so we can go out and just draft the best player we can get at each spot (obviously need factors in to the draft board)

I wonder if we'll draft an LSU player :D ?

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
this year there's a couple that i really like at LSU from what ive watched so far - K'Lavon Chaisson and Justin Jefferson - potential that we could take one of those guys

it's ridiculous that a college team with such pedigree over the last 20 plus years and we havent drafted one player from a program that i think has been far more succesfull than alabama when it comes to NFL talent translating from college

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I'm of the mind that we need to take the next step on offense this coming year and improve on throwing the ball to WR outside the #s. As Lamar takes each offseason on works on the next thing he needs to improve on himself - I think that should be his focus.

So the question is - what to do in terms of personnel to help Lamar take that next step? Is an upgrade at WR in order? Our roster currently has:

Hollywood - Showing real promise. I think his production for a rookie who was out for several games was stellar. I think he becomes special
Boykin - Perhaps he's about what you should expect out of a 3rd round rookie ... but will he be what we need him to be this coming year?
Snead - IMO a pretty big disappointment this year.
Scott - I think the most optimistic among us need to admit he's a non-entity.

Does our offense even really need a quality slot receiver with the way we use TEs? Is that why Snead was disappointing, cause the middle of the field is covered already?

If we get an upgrade wide ... a big bodied dude with a big catch radius ... or do we already have that in Boykin's and adding such a player will stunt his growth? Or do we say we need to upgrade that position and Boykin will just have to find a way to contribute.

Is there a WR in the mold of Derrick Mason, Boldin & Steve Smith out there that can help us the way those receivers did? That's what we need right now, Lamar needs his Boldin type of receiver who we can count on in clutch moments.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

are you REALLY sami? Not only that, we can't get studs at every position. Unfortunately with the salary cap and free agency era, it's impossible to do that. Every team has weaknesses.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
it's ridiculous that a college team with such pedigree over the last 20 plus years and we havent drafted one player from a program that i think has been far more succesfull than alabama when it comes to NFL talent translating from college
actually I disagree with you regarding LSU being more successful players than Alabama over the years. That being said, I agree with you that we should have found a way in 23 yrs to draft a player from LSU.