• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
In the last decade, you know where Baltimore landed in that list for wins?

I am not sure that we are as terrible at drafting as people may think. That's just me though.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Which team do you think does an amazing job of drafting?

I'd have to research to give you the answers on that because i'm really focused on us in that regard. PFF had a good article a few weeks back which i'll link showing the best drafting teams ( value per pick ( per PFF GRADE), pro bowl, all pro selections etc)

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
2018 was a good draft. I lauded the picks of Andrews and Brown.
2019 was a step back. He cannot afford to waste picks on guys like Murray and then think well its ok i redeemed myself with one of my later round picks

hit on 3/4 of the picks. It's possible. I;ve done it before.
When you start listening to the fans, you start sitting with the fans.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'd have to research to give you the answers on that because i'm really focused on us in that regard. PFF had a good article a few weeks back which i'll link showing the best drafting teams ( value per pick ( per PFF GRADE), pro bowl, all pro selections etc)

Take an educated guess, name 2 teams that come to mind to you.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Take an educated guess, name 2 teams that come to mind to you.
Top of the head
Cowboys and niners

after a thought, the niners took Solomon thomas 3rd overall which is a pick I shit on immediately and they’ve been given the gift of lots of early picks. I’ll take the chargers for 2.

redskins and chiefs have also been drafting well lately, skins have done wonders to the DL and found some gems outside of the first round, chiefs found mahomes, hill, hunt, Jones, and hardman all in the past 4 years, which is absurd.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Top of the head
Cowboys and niners

after a thought, the niners took Solomon thomas 3rd overall which is a pick I shit on immediately and they’ve been given the gift of lots of early picks. I’ll take the chargers for 2.

redskins and chiefs have also been drafting well lately, skins have done wonders to the DL and found some gems outside of the first round, chiefs found mahomes, hill, hunt, Jones, and hardman all in the past 4 years, which is absurd.

As of this January, of the teams you mentioned, only the niners and chiefs are on there. Niners are 10th, Chiefs are 8th.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
DId any of you see the drop form 2006 to 2007 coming? To THAT extent?

An offense that was useless and inept that only did anything because the defense scored points.... ya that dropoff was VERY predictable. Turnovers typically do not last year to year and historically have not and without turnovers to make points the team was average. The current defense is built around not giving up yards AND has a top offense, both of those last.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Top of the head
Cowboys and niners

Niners had numerous picks at the top of the draft. Not really fair.

@gtalk12 If I had to guess... Chargers and Colts?

EDIT: Just realized it was decade. Colts sucked until they dumped Grigson.

Seahawks and...

Last edited:

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
WAIT, guys this is based on wins.

My argument originally was who he thought drafted well so I can see their records.

So in the last decade, which teams have won the most.

OOOOPPPPPPPSSSSS

SMMMHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
In the last decade, you know where Baltimore landed in that list for wins?

I am not sure that we are as terrible at drafting as people may think. That's just me though.

The Ravens are so bad at drafting that every year (except for thankfully this one but that is because the 2015 draft was bad all around) the Ravens have several high tier free agents that are potentially leaving and signing big money contracts elsewhere.... you would think if they were so bad at drafting that would not be the case.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Did you just reply to yourself in the third person? I'm confused, lol. Not sure if this is too early and I'm too preoccupied with other things and not reading this right, but I am doing triple-takes here.
Lmao just woke up. responded to the wrong post. I was just trying to clear the thread of Covid but ended up Kevin Duranting my own post lol

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I don't know why you guys are bugging. No point trying to change someone's POV. The wrs needed to be rebuilt and is in the process while potentially finding a #1. Same for TEs and look at what he did. The secondary is fixed. In what most thought was a rebuilding year we went 14-2 with a roster NONE of us expected this from. The wins might not be there next year, but I think the team will be much better prepared come post season.
I agree but its gonna be tough.. kc had many holes yet still pulled it off but it was because of that offense. Part of me think we could possibly something off like that too but im unsure

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Niners had numerous picks at the top of the draft. Not really fair.

@gtalk12 If I had to guess... Chargers and Colts?

EDIT: Just realized it was decade. Colts sucked until they dumped Grigson.

Seahawks and...
Yea id probably guess seahawks, packers or Ravens. Shit forgot about eagles and pats too