• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Signings, Cuts, Trades

Simba

Staff Member
Reports that the Ravens are signing TE Jerell Adams. Definitely seems like more of a camp body type and is here to fill the role while they scope out the vets and reported interest in Delanie Walker and Jordan Reed.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Reports that the Ravens are signing TE Jerell Adams. Definitely seems like more of a camp body type and is here to fill the role while they scope out the vets and reported interest in Delanie Walker and Jordan Reed.

give me Jordan Reed. I’m a gambler, go for that Boom lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member

just saw that - definite camp body type - weird that rapsheet etc. were referring to him as a vet - weird to call someone like that a vet - my guess is he's basically a replacement for jacob breeland not being healthy enough to make it into camp and compete

eli wolf and charles scarff likely still the favourites for that TE 3 role (with rechsteiner as a 2nd FB/TE hybrid type with an outside chance too in that 3rd TE type spot)

Simba

Staff Member
just saw that - definite camp body type - weird that rapsheet etc. were referring to him as a vet - weird to call someone like that a vet - my guess is he's basically a replacement for jacob breeland not being healthy enough to make it into camp and compete

eli wolf and charles scarff likely still the favourites for that TE 3 role (with rechsteiner as a 2nd FB/TE hybrid type with an outside chance too in that 3rd TE type spot)

Yeah not a needle mover. Back end of camp fodder for now.

I am curious about Rechsteiner though. The Ravens website has him listed as a RB at 230. I wonder if he's not really a FB at all in the NFL.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah not a needle mover. Back end of camp fodder for now.

I am curious about Rechsteiner though. The Ravens website has him listed as a RB at 230. I wonder if he's not really a FB at all in the NFL.

idk what he is - from what ive watched of him he seems like a RB/FB hybrid but he's not going to make it onto this 53 as a RB - so he'll have to do some of the h-back type stuff he was doing on film too with the receiving stuff

but he's very physical and willing as a blocker so i think there's something to be done with him but at 6ft 230 he's a big RB if that's what he's fighting to be which would put him up in direct competition against the gus bus and he's not winning that competition

then again saying that he fits a similar profile to Juice as he is now as a sort of h-back "offensive weapon" but then he's got to prove himself as a lead blocker/move blocker vs the dominant power that pat ricard offers us

but the athleticism of rechsteiner and the aggression on tape is intriguing - certainly makes me want him to land on the team somewhere just not sure of the fit right now

Simba

Staff Member
idk what he is - from what ive watched of him he seems like a RB/FB hybrid but he's not going to make it onto this 53 as a RB - so he'll have to do some of the h-back type stuff he was doing on film too with the receiving stuff

but he's very physical and willing as a blocker so i think there's something to be done with him but at 6ft 230 he's a big RB if that's what he's fighting to be which would put him up in direct competition against the gus bus and he's not winning that competition

then again saying that he fits a similar profile to Juice as he is now as a sort of h-back "offensive weapon" but then he's got to prove himself as a lead blocker/move blocker vs the dominant power that pat ricard offers us

but the athleticism of rechsteiner and the aggression on tape is intriguing - certainly makes me want him to land on the team somewhere just not sure of the fit right now

Yeah I don't really know what he is. His highlights look incredible but that's also partly because he was a man amongst boys in college. I'm not sure I see that translating to the NFL. I definitely see it more of a RB/FB hybrid than a FB/TE hybrid but who really knows. I just find it interesting that they have him listed at RB.

Ultimately I think he ends up on the PS and doesn't really have much of a shot at the 53 but he's intriguing enough to see what happens over camp. My opinion there is not set in stone. Not like we get to see any of it but hey, hoping the best for the guy.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah I don't really know what he is. His highlights look incredible but that's also partly because he was a man amongst boys in college. I'm not sure I see that translating to the NFL. I definitely see it more of a RB/FB hybrid than a FB/TE hybrid but who really knows. I just find it interesting that they have him listed at RB.

Ultimately I think he ends up on the PS and doesn't really have much of a shot at the 53 but he's intriguing enough to see what happens over camp. My opinion there is not set in stone. Not like we get to see any of it but hey, hoping the best for the guy.

would have been someone for whom the preseason games might have been big

Simba

Staff Member
would have been someone for whom the preseason games might have been big

Absolutely. Going to be hard for a lot of the "key" UDFAs to impress. He's one that kind of got screwed along with the trio of OLBs who all have some varying level of ability.

Eli Wolf is definitely the guy with the best path at this point. He's definitely a pretty small TE himself though.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Absolutely. Going to be hard for a lot of the "key" UDFAs to impress. He's one that kind of got screwed along with the trio of OLBs who all have some varying level of ability.

Eli Wolf is definitely the guy with the best path at this point. He's definitely a pretty small TE himself though.

small but has some eye-popping athletic stats and played at a massive SEC football program (which isnt necessarily common in udfas) and not horrible as a blocker albeit there's a lot to work on there - but he has the athleticism to potentially win some of that hurst coming across the formation type blocking snaps...

we'll see:
scarff has the advantage of having been in the system a year and a familiarity with the coaching staff who clearly like him
eli wolf has the athleticism but not great numbers as a receiver and not a pedigree as a dominant blocker
jacob breeland is confirmed basically out for the whole of the 2020 season already

but we're an offence that values both speed and physicality - wolf is small but scarff is smaller than all 3 of the TEs on our roster last year so i doubt size will really be the decider in that competition

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ouch. Looks like we settled. I would’ve been hype for Reed.

Matt Barrows (@mattbarrows) Tweeted:
#49ers and TE Jordan Reed agreed to a one-year deal, per source. The #49ers and Ravens had been bidding for his services. The 49ers won out.

Simba

Staff Member

#49ers and TE Jordan Reed agreed to a one-year deal, per source. The #49ers and Ravens had been bidding for his services. The 49ers won out.

I'm not upset. Solid player when healthy but the guy's brain has to be jello at this point. I understand the desire to play but I wish the guy would just hang them up before it gets worse.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

makes sense that the Niners signed Reed since he was drafted under Mike Shanahan.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Still hoping for Delanie since that connection with Roman is there

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

give me Delanie walker over Jordan Reed every day and twice on Sunday

Simba

Staff Member
Ravens are waiving Jake Breeland. If he passes, he'd revert to IR.

Still an interesting choice. I know it's kind of an unwritten rule/best practice that teams don't claim injured players on waivers, but surprised they're even risking it with how much they've talked him up. I'd still be surprised if he doesn't clear waivers, but you'd think they'd be okay with 79 players instead of 80 on the practice field through camp until you can place him on IR without him needing to pass through waivers.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Ravens are waiving Jake Breeland. If he passes, he'd revert to IR.

Still an interesting choice. I know it's kind of an unwritten rule/best practice that teams don't claim injured players on waivers, but surprised they're even risking it with how much they've talked him up. I'd still be surprised if he doesn't clear waivers, but you'd think they'd be okay with 79 players instead of 80 on the practice field through camp until you can place him on IR without him needing to pass through waivers.

It’s not even that he’s injured - it’s that he won’t be healthy enough to play until the 2021 season so no team will take him and that’s a roster spot we can use to bring in another vet TE or another udfa we liked from the initial group

Surprised me too but it does make sense